Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokai 29 released

Post by takenoko »

Oh neat, so we are getting an Abaranger episode. That's neat. I liked that show even though we ended up not subbing it.

The monster of the week has an interesting speech mannerism. If you've watched Densha Otoko, Ryukendo, or Keroro Gunsou (Stop fucking calling it Sgt. Frog, it kills me) you'll notice some guys doing this. It doesn't really add anything to the sentence meaning itself, it's just supposed to be really formal or something, but comes off as a geeky thing to do.

For a moment I forgot who the groom was because he looked like he was presentable. Thankfully, one goofy, creepy smile and it's back to Gai. Gai really is the best representation of the creepy fan with his cell phone and secret picture taking.

Oh man, loved the intro to the commercials. For some reason, Emiri looks very good here. But yeah, so great when Gai recognizes Yukito, but doesn't recognize Emiri. She looked so pleased that someone seemed to recognize her too. I guess he doesn't get his knowledge from watching old Abaranger episodes, or he'd know. Oh wait what? They changed her last name to Sanjou, they got married. Neat

I'm surprised they couldn't get Abared, since I figured he'd still be around. He did do a guest spot on W just a couple years ago, after all.

What a great way to handle the lack of one-to-one mapping for the different teams. Since Gai took the AbareKiller key, I guess it makes sense that Pink is left out. For some reason, I just assumed that it'd be naturally Gai who got left out

Trivia:
MOTW: Daiyaaru ダイヤール / Dial ダイヤル
Any questions?

This episode is a reference to some thing in kabuki where there are seven changes of clothing or something? But more precisely, it's a reference to this episode of Abaranger which bears a similar name: Abare Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Tai
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/aba/contents/ ... ex.html#f1
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Re: Gokai 29 released

Post by lonegamer7 »

The "shichi henge" refers to a kabuki actor who quickly changes costume 7 times in a series of dance while never leaving the stage. Scroll down to "nanabake".

http://www.osakaprints.com/content/info ... ossary.htm

Oh, had to share this as well. Gokaiger supported by the Japanese military!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxeVgI5MZSs
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think Gai only cares about the people who were the actual heroes themselves since he didn't know who Emiri was. New function of the cell phone henshin devices, taking photos of your teammates in various costumes. The intro to the commercials is actually a throwback to the original Abaranger series since they did that but towards the end of the episode.

After watching this episode, it would have been neat if MegaPink did the whole costume change with Ahim since she was the one who taught GaoWhite about it in Gaoranger VS Super Sentai. It would be very funny if Ahim was in a bikini for the schoolgirl outfit. AbarePink is Tackle of the Super Sentai world.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That reminds me, I have this pic.

I only just realized it myself, but the last thing that Yukito says is directly lifted from the Abaranger opening lyrics. Just something for you to check!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Well, that explains why Abare-Killer is the 6th AbaRanger XP

Poor, poor Pink ><, went through so much this episode.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Awesome Ahim episode. It shows a really different and strong side of her. It is fun to see how amazed Gai was. He wasn't as annoying this time around.

WTF is with this AbarePink? Where did that come from? I'm sorry but I haven't seen AbaRanger, so I don't know if there ever was an episode with her in it. I doubt it will make its return again considering that AbarePink wasn't shown with the mecha combination.

GouJyu Gokai-Oh is a major fluke. It is nothing more than swapping the arms. You could put Gokai-Oh's regular arms on GouJyouJin and you've got another functional Robo again. The rangers are very cool. I like their acts and the fights are well done. Unfortunately they are dropping the ball with the mecha. With each new Grand Power or upgrade it seems to get a lot worse. This one is once more stupid as shit. I guess the crack is no longer working.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
bobgoesw00t
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Survivor
2nd Favorite Series: AFV
Dreamy: Hikari Netto/Kyouhei
Favorite Actor?: Milla Jovovich
Favorite Band: I have too many atm
My boom: Greyskyshippinh
Quote: Squadala, we're off!!!!!

Post by bobgoesw00t »

Over all, this has to be one of my favorite episodes yet...this one along with episode 14, the one where they got the Carranger's grand power, that one made me ROFLMFAO non-stop. Also, I had forgotten about AbarePink ENTIRELY until this episode, GOD that episode of Abaranger was weird. But now that I think about it, Abaranger had quite a few odd moments...but it's still one of my favorite Super Sentai seasons.
DERP DER HERPITY DERP
the_imposter
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuranger
Favorite Band: Casting Crowns
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Maths
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by the_imposter »

This one was.....interesting to say the least, the mecha was disappointing and the transformation in the same vein it could have been so much more. As to the plot well it was interesting to see another side to Ahim short of just the generic Pink Ranger but the plot was silly overall but I suppose that fits with Abaranger and so it suits for this paticular episode. Gai was being a real purve with his Cellular was one of the major problems I had but overall the episode was quite funny, if not providing fanboys with screencaps for years to come.

But I must admit AbarePink was just bizzare and it did make me laugh, let's hope we don't see that again....
Insert Witty Quote Here
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Not sure how I feel about GouJyu Gokai-Ou. I like seeing all members of a team in one cockpit, but it is not exactly the most impressive of combinations.
Also, Like Shinken Gokai-Ou, two of the regular components of Gokai-Ou are missing, so it sort of feels like they're cheating.
Niek wrote:Awesome Ahim episode. It shows a really different and strong side of her. It is fun to see how amazed Gai was. He wasn't as annoying this time around.

WTF is with this AbarePink? Where did that come from? I'm sorry but I haven't seen AbaRanger, so I don't know if there ever was an episode with her in it. I doubt it will make its return again considering that AbarePink wasn't shown with the mecha combination.
I'm pretty sure AbarePink was the inspiration for SPD Orange Ranger, so think of her like that if you have watched SPD, but not Abaranger.
Niek wrote: You could put Gokai-Oh's regular arms on GouJyouJin and you've got another functional Robo again.
You don't even need to use Gokai-Ou's arms. GoJyuJin has an extra pair in the form of his T-Rex arms.

edit: I'm kind of a hypocrite.
I'm lukewarm on GouJyu Gokai-Ou, but I actually like GaoKing Another Arm.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

Spoiler
im amazed it took this long for the wedding episode... i guess it even it up with the early mecha appearance

Holy thin slice pizza!! Gai sure has a forehead.

also love the costume change from frilly wedding dress to~~ frilly normal dress :D

not going to bother talking about the new "combination" since everything has been said about it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The combination was kind of lame. I know they've been trying to move away from clusterfuck gattai, but still...

On a positive note, I really liked the episode. Love Gai dropping Abare Killers catchphrase in there as well.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I swear you guys are never pleased with mecha combinations anymore.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Seal the deal, hoo~

...Forced cameo is forced. But theme song's there so who cares.

...Ubiquitous dinoguts are ubiquitous. Creepy gangan gingin giro man is creepy gangan gingin giro man. Sergeant frog is sergeant frog. Ms. Piggy is Ms. Piggy. Disappointing lack of chiropractitioning is disappointing lack of chiropractitioning.
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

after a God episode, a high school student and nurse cosplay by Ahim is what we really obsessed about. great fun here. I;ve been like Emiri since her Abaranger time so love it here,and love it when they bring back female cast.

I try to remember if the church ever been shoot in previous sentai scene, looks familiar.
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

Wasn't that chapel used for the Begins Night portion of Movie Wars?
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”