Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Henshin
Quote: I think therefore I am

Re: Gokaiger 30 released

Post by KamenGamer »

children can't transform your forgetting kiba ranger gai. another sid-sempai episode i wish they had a flashback to that episode that the liveman guy mentioned. Liveman has to be one of the cooler old sentai i love the suit design. So all the liveman grand power does is summon the robo and not combine with it. Looks like barizorg is regaining emotions.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

TBustah! wrote:
SirJokaPlaya wrote:One thing that bothers me. Gekiranger tribute and Jetman tribute didn't use their themes. Why? All the others used them. I thought that was a bad decision.
What names?
The names of the shows? No, they're both in there. "Jetman" is mentioned several times, and one of Jyan's students tells the Gokaiger that he was Gekired of Gekiranger.
The guy's talking about the theme tunes since they didn't play during the respective tribute fights. Where'd you get names from?
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Niek wrote:
Why do they still use the Huricane Gokai-Oh? It sucks. Shinken Gokai-Oh is a lot better, please bring that one back.
Because GokaiMachine 04 Fuuraimaru(in stores now!) is the newer toy. Same reason Gai spams Gold Mode almost every episode.
If you don't like it then just wait until they get the next toy-based grand power.
(I hope that doesn't inspire anyone to blurt out what it is.)
Last edited by Silent_X on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

dancercotillion wrote:
Niek wrote: Why do they still use the Huricane Gokai-Oh? It sucks. Shinken Gokai-Oh is a lot better, please bring that one back.
I've never seen something so incorrect before.
And why is that? Shinken Gokai-Oh looks a lot better then Hurricane Gokai-Oh. Really those shurikens attached to the arms and legs look ridiculous and not to mention they get in the way of movement. And shinken gokai-oh's finisher also looks more awesome.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Niek wrote:Really those shurikens attached to the arms and legs look ridiculous and not to mention they get in the way of movement.
Yeah, that part looks dumb, no doubt.

I got incredibly sick of Shinken Gokai-Oh, partly because it looked like StayPuft, and partly because the giant RekkaDaizantou was lame. I'm glad they don't use it much anymore, because it was literally just chunks of GaoLion shoved roughly into Gokai-Oh's limbs and chest. It looked awful, much like Magi Gokai-Oh.

Deka Gokai-Oh was pretty cool, though. Chest siren, lots of guns, ohhh yeah. I'm hoping for Battle Fever Gokai-Oh someday.
triple_lei
Adventure
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
Dreamy: BoukenPink
My boom: Persona series

Post by triple_lei »

Great episode!

Gotta say I have a soft spot for Liveman. It's not the year I was born or anything (I'm older), and I haven't even seen the series, but I love that wireframe henshin and I like hearing the Gokai Change to Liveman more than any other. You know... "LIIIIIIIIIIIIVEMAN!!!"

And watching the Liveman intro really made me appreciate those butterflies in the episode. Really nice touch.

Only sorta related, but I've always wondered why those old Dice-O promos only had Red Falcon by himself instead of the whole group. Curiouser and curiouser...
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Wow, first we have Gai not being able to see Gai, now we have Joe meeting Jou XP

This was a well done episode. Had plenty of laughs, had some awesome fights, had character growth. Very well balanced.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

Is it just me or are the mecha battles in gokaiger pretty mech overall? Every new formation looks pretty meh and it does seem Marvelous is a bit irritated that monster of the week always gets big ;P
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:The guy's talking about the theme tunes since they didn't play during the respective tribute fights. Where'd you get names from?
Lost in translation? As for why the theme songs were lost, probably royalty issues regarding the music (also might be why they're using new instrumental versions). Though gekiranger being so recent, you'd think they could get around that one....well, suppose they might've been testing the water that time.

Liveman's subtitled by another group, the first episode I saw of it was 20, that's what I was referencing.

...My gripe with the camera angles was for making short-falling punches into REALLY short-falling punches.

...To get back to confusing people, next episode I predict that Bosco will refuse to sell something useful to Sam & Max.
Last edited by jolly_old_saint on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

This episode was a great episode overall. The emotion was great, Joe could have spilled out some tears though but he did the face :D.
Sid's smile flashback breaks my heart and then when you see Barizorg watching from the ship... it breaks my heart also.

Other than that, I loved many parts of the episode

- Gai: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... shirimasen. That part was so epic haha.
- Luka asking a 10 year old kid if they're part of liveman.
- Joe deflecting those fireballs liek a boss.
- The Liveman henshin was perfect! Really replicated the original liveman henshin.
- the dancing that occurs in this episode... Waruzu Giru and Gai haha
- The Jou and Joe scene. TT_TT
- the heartbreaking scene of Sid's transformation D;

Preview
Spoiler
Seems like the Ohranger tribute is in store. Can't wait to see what happens.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

A very good episode. It was kinda silly to send Szien gather the subjects himself.

The action wasn't that good.

It was a good Joe episode. He'll try to save at least Cid's soul. Maybe won't give up on making him remember.

Live Yellow was very cool.

Gai interacting with Luka and Doc is very funny. I really like how that actor plays him. Some fans were saying that they should use a kid as sixth. Well, we kinda have it. Gai has that childlike sense of wonder when dealing with other sentai that makes him a very effective fanboy. He's also very funny and even though he plays the fool, he neve goes over the top, like Genta's.
GRCaptMarvelous
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Umm.*checks Journal*
Favorite Actor?: Crispin Freeman
Favorite Band: X Japan
My boom: Fansubbing
Quote: "The people should not be afraid of their Government, but the Government should be afraid of...its own people."

Post by GRCaptMarvelous »

Well after watching Episode 30 I recognise the Japanese Sieryuu(Sorry for my spelling) for the Monster of the week. I believe He's Nakata Jouji. As a Hellsing and Code Geass Fan I know that voice from nowhere. I believe Jouji was one of the main Villains in Liveman so that is why his voice is in this episode.

Edit: I believe he was Great Emperor Bias, I'm not too sure...
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: The guy's talking about the theme tunes since they didn't play during the respective tribute fights. Where'd you get names from?
Ugh... either it was late when I posted that, or that guy edited his post, I could have sworn it said "names".
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

jolly_old_saint wrote: ...To get back to confusing people, next episode I predict that Bosco will refuse to sell something useful to Sam & Max.
What are you talking about? Of course he'll sell it to them, but only at an obscenely high price.
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
DokiDoki Yukai
Adventure
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: W, ToQger
Dreamy: Iwanaga Hiroaki
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Mayu
Favorite Band: AKB48
My boom: Sailormoon Crystal
Quote: If you're determined to fight...let's see how strong you are.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DokiDoki Yukai »

takenoko wrote: Edit: Wait, you're supposed to be looking for someone who is good at skateboarding. You saw that kid fall down.
Haha that's exactly what I thought when Luka asked the kid if he was Liveman. But A for effort.
Man, there's something that really hits you when you hear Gai say that these guys were fighting before he was born. Unfortunately, Liveman fought between 88-89, so I was alive when they were fighting. I'm an old man.
Grr, argh~~ So was I...I don't wanna be old, but *whimper*. I'd still have to say this was a damn good episode. Good enough for me to want to check out Liveman now. Now, just where.... *searches*

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”