Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Re: Gokaiger 30 released

Post by Fidchell »

I actually liked how gay did a liveman pose right there before the henshin, he's like a character full of easter eggs.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This episode was pretty cool. I enjoyed it a lot and thought LiveYellow was pretty cool. He even did his own action scene. That doesn't happen often nowadays. But yeah, I do agree that Gai made me feel old when he mentioned that Liveman was in action when they weren't born yet. Shoot, I was a toddler at that time. Joe seems to get some cool character-centric episodes as well. I am intrigued with his backstory with Barizorg. I loved how he bounced those blasts with his sword too. Epic stuff.
Sarcastic_Jamie
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ikuta Toma
Favorite Actor?: Ikuta Toma
Favorite Band: Shinee,2pm
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Glee
Quote: Life's a bitch and she has puppies.

Post by Sarcastic_Jamie »

The fighting in this episode was alright, but with a scientist as a villain you can't really expect him to really fight all that well.

I also now noticed that the mom was calling her baby Takumi a boy's name when the baby is actually a girl cause the baby is wearing pink. Before you get on me about a girl can have a boy's name not really in this case. I do how ever will accept that she just doesn't have any clothing sense when it comes to her child.

The guy playing Jou still hot.
Darren Criss is my future baby's Daddy.
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

jolly_old_saint wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:The guy's talking about the theme tunes since they didn't play during the respective tribute fights. Where'd you get names from?
Lost in translation? As for why the theme songs were lost, probably royalty issues regarding the music (also might be why they're using new instrumental versions). Though gekiranger being so recent, you'd think they could get around that one....well, suppose they might've been testing the water that time.

Liveman's subtitled by another group, the first episode I saw of it was 20, that's what I was referencing.

...My gripe with the camera angles was for making short-falling punches into REALLY short-falling punches.

...To get back to confusing people, next episode I predict that Bosco will refuse to sell something useful to Sam & Max.
"Hey, little Buddy, where do you keep that gun?"
"None of your damn business, Max."

I did love the episode, I must say. I am expecting something tragic and very very Japanese to happen later between Sid/Barizorg and Joe. LOL
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

I don't know if this was said before but:

LIVEMAN SPOILER
Spoiler
In Liveman, Jou had a close scientist friend who became a villain, albeit the slight difference(Jou's friend willingly turned against Earth, becoming a monster), it's very similar to Joe's friend Cid/Sid.

Also, I like the little butterflies in this episode, a reference to Liveman's intro.
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:I don't know if this was said before but:

LIVEMAN SPOILER
Spoiler
In Liveman, Jou had a close scientist friend who became a villain, albeit the slight difference(Jou's friend willingly turned against Earth, becoming a monster), it's very similar to Joe's friend Cid/Sid.

Also, I like the little butterflies in this episode, a reference to Liveman's intro.
It was mentioned in the episode itself when Jou talked about what it was like to be forced to fight his fellow classmates and friends.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

Oh, I kinda skimmed through the ep and only watched the final scene. xD
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:Oh, I kinda skimmed through the ep and only watched the final scene. xD
Then you are well-situated to discuss the episode, clearly.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

Definitely one of my favourite tribute episodes.

Zsien was a direct tribute to Great Professor Bias, one of my favourite Sentai villains. The claw hands, and the fact that he was voiced by the awesome Jouji Nakata who played Bias. Villain cameo FTW!! Now I have to go back and study the villains more carefully to look for references.

Had to lol when Gai did Liveman's tranformation pose, and being a total fanboy when Super Live Robo appeared(to be fair, I fanboyed over that as well).

I loved how the writers gave Joe some serious character development and made him pasionate and emotional, showing that being cool doesn't mean being an emotionless jerk. Hoping the endgame(the eventual Joe vs Barizorg, I hope) will justify this episode. Now give me my Doc backstory episode >.<!!

Yellow Lion is my all time favourite yellow, and this episode shows why. He proves that being passionate and heroic IS badass!!

Amused by the fact that they basically spoiled the end of Liveman, but I guess it' needed for plot.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Very well done episode. I recently finished watching Liveman, so the visual and thematic references really resonated with me. I'm really glad they chose Jou as the Liveman representative. Not only do you have the great pun with Jou and Joe sounding the same, but (Liveman series spoilers)
Spoiler
he had the closest relationship to one of the friends who betrayed them. Jou's friend, Go, did manage to walk away from being an enemy and even helped them at the end of the series.
Considering that, as well as those lingering shots of Barizorg watching Joe fight, I'm not sure if the writers want viewers to listen to what was said (that Sid cannot be restored in any way) or that there is still a way to reach Sid inside the shell of Barizorg.

As for Jou himself, I think he looks better today than he did when the series was airing. They really give these older veterans a workout. The actors from Carranger, Jetman and Liveman all had pretty involved fight scenes. Jou was also given one of the best reactions of the veteran members when they realize they're interacting with the Gokaigers. Just a “Oh. Okay.” and then moving on. That also reminds me of the Carranger tribute. Very mellow and quick to adapt to the new situation. Mellow is also a good way to describe the way Joe recognized that Jou was the Liveman they were looking for the whole time.

There was another good call back to earlier episodes. Gai, being the newcomer to the team, doesn't understand why the news about Barizorg affects Joe so much. Unlike episode four, this time Ahim understands why Joe has to handle things by himself. Makes me wonder exactly how long Ahim was with the team before the series started if she still had trouble understanding that. And there wasn't any direct reference, but the Doc and Marvelous tag-team reminded me of their escapades in the Magiranger tribute.

Random observation: I don’t know why Ahim refused to fight in the AbarePink costume. The Denjiman uniform looks like it’s made out of the same type of material. It's really only the helmet that's significantly different.

Thanks a lot, takenoko. I didn't think about Gai's line until you pointed out what year Liveman aired in. Now I feel old too. Not just because I was alive when it aired, but because Gai's actor wasn't even close to being born.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

I think they did the Liveman Tribute well, I guess my only gripe is that Jou say's he wasn't able to save his friends who went to Volt but if I remember correctly Oblar was the only one to survive of the three. Very Nice to see Joe get some development and have tied into the theme of Liveman.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”