Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Re: Gokaiger 31 released

Post by TBustah! »

Flare Phoenix wrote:
TBustah! wrote: I'm pretty sure Gai has Kingranger's key, not Basco. Kingranger appears in Gai's finisher.
I think he/she means they wish Gai had transformed into KingRanger along side the rest of the Gokaiger.
You're probably right. In context, it seemed more like he/she/it wished that Kingranger had grown giant and fought Gai.

But I guess I should have figured that's not the case. I've never seen Ohranger, but I don't remember Gold Ranger going kaiju-size in Zeo, so I doubt that Kingranger could.
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

TBustah! wrote:You're probably right. In context, it seemed more like he/she/it wished that Kingranger had grown giant and fought Gai.

But I guess I should have figured that's not the case. I've never seen Ohranger, but I don't remember Gold Ranger going kaiju-size in Zeo, so I doubt that Kingranger could.
All the Zeo Rangers, including the Gold Ranger, went giant size in the final battle against King Mondo. I haven't seen OhRanger myself so I don't know if KingRanger ever went giant.
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

Flare Phoenix wrote:
TBustah! wrote:You're probably right. In context, it seemed more like he/she/it wished that Kingranger had grown giant and fought Gai.

All the Zeo Rangers, including the Gold Ranger, went giant size in the final battle against King Mondo. I haven't seen OhRanger myself so I don't know if KingRanger ever went giant.
I think that is one of those things that only happens in Power Rangers and not Super Sentai.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku

Post by TBustah! »

Did it even happen in PR?

I seem to remember Zeo not even really having an ending, the last episode wasn't really a conclusion. They just played it, explained away the Zeo powers in the Turbo movie, and then we had Turbo the following fall.

But I was only 8 years old at the time, it was so long ago, I could be wrong.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

TBustah! wrote:Did it even happen in PR?

I seem to remember Zeo not even really having an ending, the last episode wasn't really a conclusion. They just played it, explained away the Zeo powers in the Turbo movie, and then we had Turbo the following fall.

But I was only 8 years old at the time, it was so long ago, I could be wrong.
Yeah, it happened. The Zeo Rangers fought King Mondo and the other villains as giants in original footage, forced them to retreat, then Rita and Zedd blew them up when they got back to the moon. The lack of finality comes from the fact that they were seemingly still alive after getting blown up, as well as the lack of any capitalizing on Rita and Zedd's claims that they're "back in business" - but that's probably a discussion for another thread.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku

Post by TBustah! »

Zed and Rita blowing up the Machine Empire, I remember. Just not the giant rangers thing.

It's strange that my memory of the series is so spotty, I normally have an excellent memory when it comes to stuff I care about, and Zeo was easily my favorite out of all the PR shows I watched as a kid.

Even back then, I could tell how horrible Turbo was by comparison. :lol:
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Oh goodness I'm behind in cleaning up my episode notes.

Another Basco episode, another episode where the Gokaigers find themselves down for the count at the end of the episode. This is really getting to be a pattern with him. Granted, it doesn't happen every time, but often enough that they should really think twice before charging in against him. Basco's monster form managed to take them down fast enough that I don't think he's all that upset about losing the rest of the Keys. I did like how there was a moment there where you weren't sure if the power he was drawing on was naturally his or if he was tapping into the stolen Grand Powers.

I confess that the OhRangers' secret plan left me scratching my head a bit. I understood and can respect Red's part in the plan - while his death would be tragic, taking out Basco as collateral damage would eliminate a dangerous adversary. That's a tactical decision, and OhRanger seems like it's military based, so it fits the character. And that was assuming Basco and/or Hoshino reneged on the deal and didn't trade the floor plans to the enemy's flagship, which would also have a strong tactical advantage. Momo - I don't understand why she didn't just will the OhRanger Grand Power to the Gokaigers. As long as the veteran team acknowledges the Gokaigers, they receive the power. There is no ceremony or acceptance by the Gokaigers required, as shown when they pull out the OhRanger keys late in the episode.

However, this episode doubly confirms what we learned in the GoGo V tribute - Basco can't steal a Grand Power from the Gokaigers. I have a feeling that there's a reason for that, and it's going to be very important when we hit the home stretch of the series, but I only have the vaguest of theories on why that might be the case.

Good fights, as usual. Hime ShinkenRed whipping out Rekka DaiZanTou against ShinkenYellow cracked me up. I think it was seeing the Gokaigers’ sword mistress almost get chopped in half by a “sword” three times her size that amused me. My laughing fit only got worse when FireWolzard and Zuuban grew to giant size instead of being destroyed. Felt like poetic justice for Silver to experience some negative side effects for (over)using Gold Mode. It was pretty nice how they had Gai’s giant fight intrude on the smaller scale fight. You don't often see that, and the reactions from the team on the ground are always priceless.

One final silly thing that made no sense to me - why was Hoshino wearing sunglasses indoors in an office that didn't even appear to even have a window?
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

PHurricane wrote:One final silly thing that made no sense to me - why was Hoshino wearing sunglasses indoors in an office that didn't even appear to even have a window?
Just going by the Ohranger opening, the UAOH leader wore sunglasses, too. So clearly, when you're the boss, you wear sunglasses in the office.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Good to see Basco remaining a threat to the team by up the ante every time they think he's been beaten, though I was kinda hoping he would've taken the Ohranger powers back after losing his other key's. Good on the writer having Gai actually swoop in at the last minute to get those key's. So a couple of things I was wondering about when watching this episode, Did they ever consider making a regular Wolzard Key since they have Rio & Melee & can Gai use Hime Red those giving us two male Red Shinkengers?
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Regular Wolzard as in back when he was evil? Probably wouldn't count since he wouldn't be a hero then.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”