Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Gokaiger 31 released

Post by Niek »

Things I like about this episode:
1) Gai's alternate finisher move.
2) The giant/mecha battle and showing the possible consequences with the smaller rangers, when Gai fell on the building.
3) Basco becoming a real bad-ass. His respect score has gone several points up.
4) The grand library of Ohranger attacks being used.

Things I don't like:
1) "Taking the grand powers", because they are pirates. Please don't make me laugh. They have never taken a grand power. The most they did was earn it or just been given the power. They never took anything.
2) Refusing to accept the power because it was given freely to them and then later they are given the power anyway, without the need to do anything for it.
3) It took them that long to find out she was stalling for time.

As you can see the combat part was really awesome this episode. The story part with the ohrangers not at all. Well at least Basco made up for it by being a serious bad-ass. Overall an average episode.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Sarcastic_Jamie wrote:I'm kinda sad that they skipped maskman as an episode. It was one of my favorite sentai.
I don't think this necessarily rules out tribute episodes for those three shows.
The boukenger episode showed us they can have tributes even when they already have the power.
Niek wrote:Things I like about this episode:

Things I don't like:
1) "Taking the grand powers", because they are pirates. Please don't make me laugh. They have never taken a grand power. The most they did was earn it or just been given the power. They never took anything.
2) Refusing to accept the power because it was given freely to them and then later they are given the power anyway, without the need to do anything for it.
3) It took them that long to find out she was stalling for time.
Maybe Marvelous just didn't feel that they had earned it yet?
A grand power seems to be at least worth a dramatic entrance/big damn hero moment.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

It seems like the other sentai have quickly learned about gokaiger's existence and why they are on earth.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Only thing I can say about this episode is: HOLY SH*T!
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

ChelseaChampion wrote:
atilim wrote: What he said to Gai about how annoying he is....I love how the writers and producers are actually aware of how annoying Gai is.

Now since Basco showed his true form I guess that it won't take long before Marvelous will get his new toys to be able to fight on a even term.
Isn't this like the 2nd or 3rd time Basco seen Gai? I was quite surprised that Basco found Gai annoying in such a short while.

I have a feeling Basco will become a weaker opponent as the series progress (like Juzo from Shinkenger)

Well I personally was annoyed by Gai since the first episode he showed up...

I don't think those bad ass characters like Juzo or the ''immortal'' dude from Goseiger get weaker but there enemies (sentai) just get stronger.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

After Baco's big reveal. I have a feeling his monster suit is a pervertion of AkaRed. I wouldn't be surprised AkaRed was converted into a key and was used. It's really the only explanation on how Basco knows who is a past Sentai Ranger.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

God, Basco is excellent troll. I was kinda expecting Gokaiger to use the Grand Power of Jetman when they got thier asses handed to them and he was about to kill them but nooo.. he just walks away. NOO why the hell? Kill them basco. Yeah you'll have to look for the remaining 5 Grand Powers your self but with all those new ranger keys i'm pretty sure you could just sit on the deck of the gallion and just sit back and summon all the ranger keys to do that for you.

>_>... this episode was not as good as the past ones.
PaiZuri4lyf
Adventure
Quote: I 1st made an account JUST to ask about the GoKaiger/Go-Onger/Goseiger movie June 11th 2k11

Post by PaiZuri4lyf »

Basco stole how many Ranger keys by himself?
He only has about 5 left to go?
Yet, he did not take out ANY of the GoKaigers when he had the chance...yeah. That's not gonna come back to haunt him...
Too bad he showed his monster form. No Villian in Sentai history was EVER killed (blowed up) in human form.

Spoiler
I hope to GAWD that GokaiBazooka fails when they use it on him. Basco just powers up a bit more, catches it and just plain eats the beam! "Try again Marvy-chan"
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

All this comments, and nobody wondered why Gai didn't change into KingRanger? Missed to see OhRanger full transformation with KingRanger, are we?

This was supposed to be the first Grand Power Gokaigers received from the past Super Sentai which has additional member.

Man, I'm disappointed.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

toni2212 wrote:All this comments, and nobody wondered why Gai didn't change into KingRanger? Missed to see OhRanger full transformation with KingRanger, are we?

This was supposed to be the first Grand Power Gokaigers received from the past Super Sentai which has additional member.

Man, I'm disappointed.
So Zyuranger
Spoiler
& Movie 199 Dairanger
doesn't count?
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Silent_X wrote: Maybe Marvelous just didn't feel that they had earned it yet?
That still goes against what he is saying about that the Gokaiger TAKE the grand powers. They still always have just received the powers.
A grand power seems to be at least worth a dramatic entrance/big damn hero moment.
And the receiving of the power from ohranger was still not a big hero moment or dramatic entrance.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

Badass, nuff said there. GO GAI AND BASCO lolol
triple_lei
Adventure
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
Dreamy: BoukenPink
My boom: Persona series

Post by triple_lei »

OK, so I didn't like Gai's new finisher... at all, really. The background didn't even change! Would be nice if they showed his very first (and non-Gold Mode) finisher again.

And it's been said, but I don't get the whole "I don't want your grand power now, but I'll take it later" thing. And I'm damn sure Gokai Green and/or Pink already simply asked for grand powers in past episodes. That was their chance! Oh well.

Guess I can't help but root for Basco now. Damarasu knows what's up.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

So Japan's military uses Chevrolet Suburbans. Okay. :lol:

Spoiler
Finally, a little Kakuranger love! They've turned into individual members before, but never the whole team. Too bad they haven't found Ninjaman's key yet (that we know of, at least, and if it even exists) or Gai could join in the fun too. Is it too much to ask that they do an actual Kakuranger episode? It'd be sweet if they could get Kane Kosugi. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this one almost as much as 33, for reasons that I won't reveal in case someone reading this doesn't follow Gokaiger on Facebook.

takenoko wrote: Trivia:
Looked up the OhRanger names since they only do the given names in my encyclopedia
丸尾 桃 Maruo Momo - What a silly name. "Round tail peaches" And yeah, momo can mean thigh as well. I also read that she's supposed to be Chinese (HououRanger LOLZ?) so she does the Chinese martial arts. That explains why her attack is very DaiRangerish with the qi gong ball.

星野 吾郎 Hoshino Gorou - Of course hoshi means star. So I guess their names are related to the shapes on their helmet? And the kanji radical for "five" is in the "go" part of his name. These five stars are shining in the heavens?!
Is that right? The Ohred thing is a bit of a stretch, but the Ohpink deal has got to be more than a coincidence.

Seems kind of silly to do a throwback to a series that only preceded it by two years. :lol:
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I seriously want to know what the song is when they change to Ohranger. It's a pretty sweet piece of music.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”