Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Gokaiger 31 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

dancercotillion wrote:I seriously want to know what the song is when they change to Ohranger. It's a pretty sweet piece of music.
"Niji-Iro Crystal Sky"

It is a nice song.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Okay I haven't done this in awhile. This episode was certianly a did-not-see-that-coming moment. Basco gained more awesome points, and Gai, well poor poor guy.

Is it just amusing how they get hurt physcially there concerned when they crash a mecha there more POed that it almost fell on them. I think Gai and Boukenger Pink went to the same Mecha driving school... ... Jus' sayin'.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Shit got real.

The OhRangers had a nice plan. But they didn't know Joe used to be a soldier and that the pirates were that reckless.

The fights were awesome.

And who would know Basco would have a kaijin form? It was cool, but I'd prefer if he could transform into a ranger. When he started to glow red, I thought he would transform into AkaRed. That would've been an awesome twist.

The only problem was that Basco left. I mean, he had already defeated the Gokaigers. He could've stolen the ranger keys and/or the ultimate powers...
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

Sarcastic_Jamie wrote:I'm kinda sad that they skipped maskman as an episode. It was one of my favorite sentai.

Has Maskman been skipped? They've had Abaranger's Grand Power ever since Gai showed up, but we still got an Abaranger episode. So unless I'm mistaken, it could still happen.
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

Okay, by this many episodes into the series you all should have figured out that every time Marvelous does his "We're pirates!" thing, its to hide that he's being a nice guy about something.

He didn't take the grand power because he wanted to go save Ohred and needed a good excuse for it. He's a total softie, but can't be SEEN as a total softie.
TheZen
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
My boom: DragonRanger

Post by TheZen »

What's bothering me is how long it's taken for them to have a power-up. Gekiranger technically had two power-ups this far into the series. Goseiger got their bubblegum machines, etc. I'm hoping that a Grand Power GIVES them a power-up. I think the one to do it would be Gingaman, since it's the first to have a team power-up (I think. Don't quote me on this.)

I don't know if they've actually used a Gingaman Grand Power in the movie (please don't spoil it for me) and stuff, but since they really haven't showed off the Sentai history (at least not as much as Boukenger did) I don't know if they're going to incorporate it like that. But a Grand Power needs to give them a team power-up and some new mecha. Then they can combine Gokai-Oh and GouJyuuJin together and have Gai pilot that while they're in the new mecha.

It's just way too weird to not have more than two mecha nowadays. Every series over the last few years has had at least 3 robo mecha (I'm not too sure on Gosei, since I didn't watch it), and power-ups BEFORE episode 30.

Preview Spoilers:
Spoiler
And they're only now getting a bazooka? If they didn't have it now, they shouldn't need it at all! What a waste of an episode!

Some of this stuff bothers me, but I can't complain, I love the nostalgia (even though I haven't watched all the Sentai in their original form, but I'm trying). Thanks to this show, part of me hopes that Saban does Gokaiger and brings back some of the old American squads (particularly MMPR-Space, DT, and MF). It would be like watching a whole new Gokaiger series!

But yeah. Grand Power power-up and third mecha. Go Toei!
No nuts, no donuts.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Crimzonite wrote:Has Maskman been skipped? They've had Abaranger's Grand Power ever since Gai showed up, but we still got an Abaranger episode. So unless I'm mistaken, it could still happen.
They did and didn't have it: Gai had it, but it hadn't been fully "unlocked" yet.

The way I figure it, the forms of Gai's mech are no more Grand Powers than Gokaioh (at least not in the usual sense), it's just his mech. Gai did earn them, but there's still no concept behind them, no spirit of the original team. It doesn't have the "willpower to overcome death" like Jetman's, or "pride that allows one to carve their own path" like Dekaranger's.

While there technically wasn't anything stopping the team from using the Abaranger keys in Gokaioh (other than lack of the thought to do so), Ahim's "rampage" still sort of unlocked Abaranger's Grand Power in the same way that they've earned others, in that it gained the Gokaigers the approval of the original team that used it.

I have every reason to believe we'll see something similar with Timeranger's and Zyuranger's.
lesovikk
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sexy Voice and Robo
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Dreamy: Marika Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi konoshita
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Photography

Post by lesovikk »

Here's to hoping for a maskman episode down the line (along with bioman perhaps).

at the start, it seems like the more organized teams know each other (being able to have updates even if none of them can transform anymore). maybe thats how information about the Gokaiger gets around.
In the same vein as the urban legend of the kamen riders in Fourze, is super sentai an umbrella term for the teams; even though their powers are derrived from different sources, weather technological or magical or something in between? Its weird thats all, since the UAOH people named the earth defense force.

as for the fight scenes, I like them, specially with Gai's new final wave in gold mode(that being said, it wouldnt hurt if they used his default form final wave every now an then). using characters that had the ability to grow on their own was a nice nod to continuity, but a little king ranger/gold ranger action would've been nice.

kinda hoped he used a 'kaijin-key' forged from a grand power or even akared. still, I doubt he would've been recruited if akared knew his true form (unless aka red is a magnificent chessmaster with a "my death is only the beginning" plan from the very start).

After a quick re-watch of the episode:
apparently Damarasu has an idea/something to do with Basco's new form.
Last edited by lesovikk on Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mystery King of know-nothingness, thats me!
Image kudos to morgan-lamina for the stamp <3
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

DrowningFishy wrote:Is it just amusing how they get hurt physcially there concerned when they crash a mecha there more POed that it almost fell on them. I think Gai and Boukenger Pink went to the same Mecha driving school... ... Jus' sayin'.
I thought it was BoukenYellow who was operating DaiBouken when it almost stepped on the Boukenger and the rock grunts from the old man... Oh well, still operating mecha should be simple if teenagers are able to do it. *or in the case of BoukenYellow, with a childish mindset LOL*

As for Gai, I thought I heard the bones break. If Basco really did break Gai's arm, then yeah, he really finds him annoying.
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

Never watch Ohranger in full series, except the versus movie. Momo is looking cute and kawaii still, I think she was even hot in initial series... :lol:

The Ohred plan is something I don't understand but nevermind. and Oh pink is the vice minister something.

Spoiler

and what is Mitarashi dango??
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

Vice Minister of Defense. Kinda like that guy from Gransazers.
ImageImage
SirJokaPlaya
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by SirJokaPlaya »

Momo hasn't aged really. She's still hot.

She was on WWTBAM in Japan back in 2001: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLL6eM72WKg

And I remember she was in the World Series of Poker on ESPN in 2005: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xVLJgGZcGw

Now, as for Ninjaman hopefully making a appearance in GoKaiger, if anyone forgot X1 Mask from MASKMAN since someone was mentioning Maskman, I hope they have X1 Mask on the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiL3zGoILhU
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

SirJokaPlaya wrote:Now, as for Ninjaman hopefully making a appearance in GoKaiger, if anyone forgot X1 Mask from MASKMAN since someone was mentioning Maskman, I hope they have X1 Mask on the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiL3zGoILhU
I can almost guarantee that X1 won't make an appearance.

They've already gone way out of their way to establish Dragonranger as the first 6th hero (the first regular one, at least), throwing in X1 now would only confuse people.

Plus, he wasn't in the LGW.
lesovikk wrote:using characters that had the ability to grow on their own was a nice nod to continuity, but a little king ranger/gold ranger action would've been nice.
I'm pretty sure Gai has Kingranger's key, not Basco. Kingranger appears in Gai's finisher.
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

TBustah! wrote: I'm pretty sure Gai has Kingranger's key, not Basco. Kingranger appears in Gai's finisher.
I think he/she means they wish Gai had transformed into KingRanger along side the rest of the Gokaiger.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: "Niji-Iro Crystal Sky"

It is a nice song.
It is, indeed. Hilarious with actual vocals, too. I could swear the guy at one point sings "MIS-TAH SPOCK".

I hope against hope that he does. Don't ruin this for me.

oh yeah, episode preview stuff that I'm gonna edit in here:
Spoiler
I am amped for goddamn Changeman. Holy shit. I've been waiting for these keys the entire series. I hope they get a tribute episode someday, but we have so little series left and I'm getting really nervous about all these shows they haven't touched yet...

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”