2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Re: Gokaiger 32 released

Post by TBustah! »

I'm guessing the whole soccer sub-plot was a reference to the fact that some older teams' finishing weapons were soccer balls and footballs, like Goranger's Goranger Storm and Goranger Hurricane, and Kakuranger's Kakuranger Ball.

It sucks that Don had to put the cylinders back into the weapons. I guess this means we'll either never see the GokaiGalleon Buster again, or the next time they need it, the team will have to serve as meat shields again so that Doc can reassemble it. I guess it just comes with the territory of working with equipment that requires parts you can't exactly pick up at a Radio Shack.

The sail-shaped sight is a nice touch.

Spoiler
I actually already knew about the Dairanger episode, through Facebook. But I'm still stoked, Dairanger is the show that got me into Super Sentai. I may even go ahead and watch the raw, I'm that excited about it. It'd be kind of fitting in a way, as I originally watched Dairanger itself raw.

Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:
Spoiler
Kiba=KibaRanger and Ryou=RyuuRanger.
Spoiler
Kibaranger's name is Kou, not Kiba. Only Ryou/Ryuuranger is similar out of all of them:

Tenmaranger: Shouji

Kirinranger: Kazu

Hououranger: Rin

Shishiranger: Daigo

takenoko wrote:I don't understand why he needs everyone's weapons when he just needed five of them.
Besides that it just symbolized the fact that his teammates were putting their complete trust in him, it may have been a precaution. After all, he'd already fried two cylinders, maybe he wanted to have some spares just in case he damaged one in construction or testing.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Luka, you should never get in the way of a man when he's being fed. But you're forgiven, since you used Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken as Ran-chan.

LOL @ Gai's reactions after being hit in the arm the 2nd and the 3rd time.

The buster is ok. I'm kinda sad they left Gai out of the buster, even though he has his own super finisher.

The fights were very cool. But there's something wrong if you can't break a shield with Geki. Worse if you use changeman later.

A pity they didn't show Doc's past. They still haven't shown Ahim's either. And besides those two, they didn't show how Luka joined either. Since this takes a lot from OP, they should do it, since the times when people join the crew tend to be very good.
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

archer9234 wrote:Gai was really worthless in this episode. Why did he give Don his weapon anyway?
im pretty sure the unfinished Gokai Galleon Buster had what was Gai's weapon as a base.

also when a friend asks, you give that simple :)

Badass points for Gai to charging in while injured.
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

m4rc0 wrote:Luka, you should never get in the way of a man when he's being fed. But you're forgiven, since you used Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken as Ran-chan.
Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who noticed this LOL.

PHurricane wrote: Although that doesn’t explain why Gai later was doing his best Michael Jackson Thriller impression whenever Doc hit his injured arm.
Yeah but it was great seeing the chemistry between Gai and Doc's actors.

Overall a great episode, saw a bit of Pre-Gokaiger on Earth footage and the Gokai Galleon Buster was awesome as well!!!! I think the Buster will come back in a formation similar to Zyuranger's formation with their weapons forming one bazooka.
Nihon_Rider_105
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Favorite Actor?: Ryosuke Miura
Favorite Band: Alice Nine
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Shock A Lacka
Quote: it's not the destination,it's the journey

Post by Nihon_Rider_105 »

why didn't they just attack the monster from behind....? =/ that just seems kinda obvious :)
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

It DOES seem pretty obvious, but there are a few possible explanations:

-He had the footies at his disposal to use as meat shields. Were the Gokaiger to attack him from behind, he could have just had them protect him. The Gokaiger may have realized this, and not wanting to provoke him into overwhelming them with numbers (especially with Gai on the DL), they decided to attack head on.

-It could have just been an honor thing. They're the good guys after all (though as pirates, they do tend to blur the line), and perhaps they felt attacking from behind would be cowardly.

-Maybe they wanted to have the sense of satisfaction knowing they beat this guy at his best, in other words, breaking through that shield. Seems like something Joe would do.

But I'm probably just looking into this too much.
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

Why Midare-zakura in this episode didn`t have any AFX like any previous episodes? Didn`t complaining, just I think I let you know :)

Edit : i`m referring to HD release, btw. I don`t know with SD release though
KamenGamer
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Henshin
Quote: I think therefore I am

Post by KamenGamer »

so it was the ohrangers who finally finished the gokaigalleon blaster. japanese people really need ot be more cautious i mean they just go and talk to random strangers. y'know the easiest thing to do against that shield guy was to just attack him from behind since he only put his shield up front. man they really love hurricane gokai-oh they're using it a whole lot more than gao.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

I liked how they kept Gai's broken arm in his ranger form and even in GouJyuJin not using the right arm. The GokaiGalleon Buster looks nice and the finisher looks great. To bad they only need the Ohranger keys to form the cannon and not to use the cannon. This makes the Ohranger power useless, for the rest of the series.

It is nice that they focussed a bit on Don again. However like all the other episodes it did not have any character development at all. ANd Joe's assesment that Doc has grow a lot during their journey, must have all been before the series starts. Because Don had zero growth throughout the entire series. Neither have we yet to see any backstory. I am starting to believe that Don is just a fill up character that takes up the spot of the inconfident clown.

Preview:
Spoiler
Sweet Dairanger. I think Toei is giving you guys at TVNihon a hint ;D
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
YuriBoyPH
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Anything is possible

Post by YuriBoyPH »

Doc is still as mystery here. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope we know his past identity, if he had one. This episode once again shows Doc's usefulness here, creating a weapon which will help them as their battles, and their treasure hunt, gets a little more difficult, as it should be.
gyozilla
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: WShinken555RyukiKuga
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O, Kikaider
My boom: erang

Post by gyozilla »

Sorry if I'm posting here, didn't know where else; this thread is locked.
I wanted to say that I think only Marvelous Gokai Changes into Red Mask in ep 32, everyone else stays as ChangeMan.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Still on Hurricane Gokaioh I see even though we got Liveman & Abaranger mech transformations, but at least we got a new weapon this episode and it was nice to see the Ranger Keys used in a different way the the norm.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”