Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokai 33 released

Post by takenoko »

A giant monster that's all head that eats all the food. Classic! Too bad his stomach looks like his balls.

Man, if you thought Gai was annoying when he's happy, he's kind of unbearable as an emo squirt.

I like how they keep saying "kurae!" in this episode, which means to literally "eat this!"

Not sure what they motif is with the monster's name. The Japanese wiki thinks Zacura gets his name from Dracula, but there's a question mark, so who knows.
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Re: Gokai 33 released

Post by lonegamer7 »

Heh. Definitely reminded of MMPR's ep "Food Fight" where Pudgy Pig - Dora Kiruke/Circe for you Zyuranger fans - went on the same eating mission. Speaking of nostalgia, when they started the instrumental version of Dairanger's opening, I actually got chills down my spine. Which is kind of weird, as I've NEVER watched a single ep of Dairanger (Shocker, I know :lol: ), only the opening and the parts of Dairanger used in MMPR.
evel333
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTP Architect

Post by evel333 »

lonegamer7 wrote:...when they started the instrumental version of Dairanger's opening, I actually got chills down my spine.
Same here. That, and earlier when Ryou did his solo roll call. Two very incredibly awesome moments of nostalgia for Dairanger fans.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I guess I was the only one who laughed out loud at RyuuRanger's extremely long dance sequence XD I've never been able to take Dairanger seriously, so this was just all kinds of hilarious.

Preview spoiler:
Spoiler
OMGGGGGGGG CAMEO SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
PFire
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by PFire »

Well now we know that they magically keep the Gokai Galleon Buster inside of their belt buckles, I wonder if Don changed into MagiGreen and put magic on the Buster so that they can summon it from their belt buckles lol.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Pon, pon, pata, pon....I mean, fugu me! I mean, five stars shine in the heaven, calamity sword! I mean, don't forget, kojirou. I mean, is there a copy human near you?

I guess that red only liked two of his teammates enough to mimic. Manly poses, shouting, and sound effects are still manly.

Remember this week's lesson about respecting people's personal space. Unless you're gangan gingin giro man, then keep as far away from everyone as possible. Also, heart!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I forgot to post the pics I had found from RyuuRanger's blog:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Remembered to post that here.
Behold the Emperor!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oops, one more question, ma'am.

Animetigerlily
7X
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Trip-hop

Post by Animetigerlily »

That was a FANTASTIC episode! I think ryou has to be my favourite cameo character so far^^ Well, besides Akashi of course :P

Preview:
Spoiler
....Is that Kirihiko? Or is my brain derping again? Because i've seen him somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it exactly!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It is.

Great episode. Although, the significance of the guest star is kind of lost unless one has seen the entirety of the series. Glad to see the hard ass pose was pulled off flawlessly though.
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

Animetigerlily wrote: Preview:
Spoiler
....Is that Kirihiko? Or is my brain derping again? Because i've seen him somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it exactly!
Spoiler
Looks like kirihiko to me too

takenoko wrote:A giant monster that's all head that eats all the food. Classic! Too bad his stomach looks like his balls.
Yeah it does look awkward having his stomach/balls grabbed by gokaired
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Oh yeah thought I could share my thoughts too about this episode:

Spoiler
-Nice opening - especially on the Walz Gilz side; somehow all this villain discussion has made me rethink about him and I sort of came to accept his comical nature (which I liked before too but just wasn't sure as to whether that was what I had wanted)
-Luka, Don and Gai shopping? Haha that's nice, Luka will be busy beating them up!
-MOTW is cool looking, reminds me of a Jetman one
-Gaoranger full gokai change with GaoSilver! OH YEAH!
-Mmm GokaiCellular, you might actually taste better than Ryunousuke's ShoudouPhone
-Everyone giving their support to Gai was something I loved. Their bonds as partners are wonderful.
-Ahahahaha poor Ryou, you couldn't even say anything, Gai just had to recognise you! Anyway, nice to see Ryou back. COOL STUFF.
-5 main Gokaiger vs MOTW was a bit short but cool nonetheless
-Sushi belt!
-"Have you forgotten? The one most important thing?" The talk between the two was simply amazing. Ryou fits the mentor role perfectly. Reminds me of the Ryou/Jin episodes from Dairanger.
-O-M-G! Out of suit roll call, and I have to admit that 18 years after it's as cool as the out-of-suit one in Dairanger episode 47! I Love you Gokaiger!
-Finally flashbacks to Gai's accident - I believe this episode completes Gai for me as a character. His enthusiasm aside, him realising that at times he needs to be a bit more serious and remember his mission. That's what I wanted.
-Out of suit fight was fantastic, I'm really wondering whether Keichii Wada (Ryou's actor) did some of the stunts on his own.
-Enter the pirates!
-Full Gekiranger gokai change - perfect excuse since Gekiranger has no 6th - I love how they spam the geki infusion attack, I just love it! Plus Ahim used the SaiBlade! At last!
-GokaiSilver!
-Dairanger full Gokai change! And instrumental song! This is the definition of perfect.
-Byakko Shinken use! As well as use of DairenRods with each Dairanger's specific end add-on!
-For once, had we not seen Gold Mode, I would have actually complained! This is a Gai episode and so we do deserve it.
-Nice to see that they haven't actually forgotten the GalleonBuster.
-As I was about to complain that we didn't get a 5-member Kiryoku Bomber in Gokaiger yet, it turns out the Grand Power of the Dairanger IS a giant Kiryoku Bomber, or rather Kiryoku which allows them to perform that Gokai Kiryoku attack.
-Nice to see the Gokaiger hanging out with Ryou, and actually with having nothing to gain, neither keys nor Grand Power.
Behold the Emperor!
bobgoesw00t
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Survivor
2nd Favorite Series: AFV
Dreamy: Hikari Netto/Kyouhei
Favorite Actor?: Milla Jovovich
Favorite Band: I have too many atm
My boom: Greyskyshippinh
Quote: Squadala, we're off!!!!!

Post by bobgoesw00t »

Other then Gai being all emo for part of the episode, I LOVED IT!!! Also, for some odd reason, I think I'm in love (not really of course) with Waruzu Giru, probably because he just CRACKS ME UP, especially in this episode, when he pushed his food off the table in rage because of the Gokaigers killing this weeks monster. I say that because I'm PRETTY sure that he had JUST sat down to eat, but then again, we'll never know if that's true or not. On a side note, I think i just had a nerdgasm when I saw Kirihiko in the preview for the next episode, so much in fact that I had to watch the one part of him taking off the glasses again JUST TO BE SURE THAT IT WAS HIM!!!
DERP DER HERPITY DERP
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

bobgoesw00t wrote:Other then Gai being all emo for part of the episode, I LOVED IT!!! Also, for some odd reason, I think I'm in love (not really of course) with Waruzu Giru, probably because he just CRACKS ME UP, especially in this episode, when he pushed his food off the table in rage because of the Gokaigers killing this weeks monster. I say that because I'm PRETTY sure that he had JUST sat down to eat, but then again, we'll never know if that's true or not. On a side note, I think i just had a nerdgasm when I saw Kirihiko in the preview for the next episode, so much in fact that I had to watch the one part of him taking off the glasses again JUST TO BE SURE THAT IT WAS HIM!!!
Somehow i am convinced you are as spasm-tic as Gai in real life... Lol
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”