Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Re: Gokai 35 released

Post by dancercotillion »

toni2212 wrote:Maybe because Battle Fever J is treated the same way as Dekaranger, Goggle V, and Dynaman? The female doesn't have any skirt.
The female is wearing a wig and a one-piece swimsuit while all the men wear footie pyjamas. I was seriously expecting them to somehow make a girl version of Cossack in that same way, but apparently not. Making girl versions of suits (and vice versa, obviously) is kind of an investment they would want to get their money's worth out of, hence why female Go-On Black was used so much for a while.

Makes me think they'll never use Battle Fever again.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

dancercotillion wrote:The female is wearing a wig and a one-piece swimsuit while all the men wear footie pyjamas. I was seriously expecting them to somehow make a girl version of Cossack in that same way, but apparently not. Making girl versions of suits (and vice versa, obviously) is kind of an investment they would want to get their money's worth out of, hence why female Go-On Black was used so much for a while.

At least until they obtained Battle Fever J's Grand Power, Gokaiger always do that. the moment they gained the Sentai's Grand Power, they stopped using the Sentai.

I know in this episode they changed to Dekaranger when they already obtained Dekaranger's Grand Power, but that's because Dekaranger is the most suitable power to use (shooting, law enforcer)
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Really, I'm not surprised by SpeedorxBeaRV mating. 1 laying next to 3 is 13, is it not?

I really hope for Sosuke to get his powers back next episode. A proper rolecall requires 7 members, after all. And G13! Forget GokaiOh, G13 should be the final mecha for Gokaiger!
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Therm_Kitty wrote:I really hope for Sosuke to get his powers back next episode. A proper rolecall requires 7 members, after all. And G13! Forget GokaiOh, G13 should be the final mecha for Gokaiger!
Not a bad idea, Therm, but if Sousuke is Go-onRed, what would Marvelous be?

Maybe they'll just forgo giving Sousuke his powers back, and have Gai do Go-onWings, so it's sort of like all seven are there.
Last edited by TBustah! on Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

The big WTF moment from me in this episode is how the hell does Speedor and Bear V mate? Lol...Nice to see Sousuke though. I didn't know this was going to be a two-part episode. Makes me wonder if Sousuke will get his Grand Powers to use for one more time. I keep laughing out loud at Gai's geek moments when he sees all these Sentai alumni. I am liking his character because of this.
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

toni2212 wrote:
dancercotillion wrote:The female is wearing a wig and a one-piece swimsuit while all the men wear footie pyjamas. I was seriously expecting them to somehow make a girl version of Cossack in that same way, but apparently not. Making girl versions of suits (and vice versa, obviously) is kind of an investment they would want to get their money's worth out of, hence why female Go-On Black was used so much for a while.

At least until they obtained Battle Fever J's Grand Power, Gokaiger always do that. the moment they gained the Sentai's Grand Power, they stopped using the Sentai.

I know in this episode they changed to Dekaranger when they already obtained Dekaranger's Grand Power, but that's because Dekaranger is the most suitable power to use (shooting, law enforcer)
Didn't they use Gekiranger in the dairanger tribute?
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

09MurphyM wrote:Didn't they use Gekiranger in the dairanger tribute?
Yes. They used Gaoranger as well. They probably made an exception because Gekiranger has a near identical theme, ancient kung-fu animals.

He's right, though, that does seem to be the trend. The only other exception I can think of is Ahim's use of MagiPink in the GoGoV episode.
TBustah! wrote:Not a bad idea, Therm, but if Sousuke is Go-onRed, what would Marvelous be?

Maybe they'll just forgo giving Sousuke his powers back, and have Gai do Go-onWings, so it's sort of like all seven are there.
I actually thought about this again, it could work.

The colors would correlate for the most part:

Joe - Blue
Doc - Green
Luka - Yellow
Gai - Silver

They'd naturally stick Ahim with the female Black, leaving Marvelous with Gold. They'd just have to come up with a reason why Marvelous would have to use Gold, and why Gai wouldn't use Go-On Wings or some other key. Maybe they'll show up late to the battle or something:

Gai: We're here!

(Gai sees Sousuke fighting as Go-On Red)

Gai: Eh?! Sousuke-sempai?!

Marvelous: I guess I can't use that key. It can't be helped. Let's go.

(Marvelous uses Go-On Gold key)

Gai: Hey, wait a minute! Don't just stick me with the girl!

(Gai reluctantly uses the Go-On Silver key, because his fanboy-ness won't allow him to pass up the opportunity to have all seven Go-Ongers fight again :lol: )
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

TBustah! wrote:
09MurphyM wrote:Didn't they use Gekiranger in the dairanger tribute?
Yes. They used Gaoranger as well. They probably made an exception because Gekiranger has a near identical theme, ancient kung-fu animals.

He's right, though, that does seem to be the trend. The only other exception I can think of is Ahim's use of MagiPink in the GoGoV episode.
TBustah! wrote:Not a bad idea, Therm, but if Sousuke is Go-onRed, what would Marvelous be?

I actually thought about this again, it could work.

The colors would correlate for the most part:

Joe - Blue
Doc - Green
Luka - Yellow
Gai - Silver

They'd naturally stick Ahim with the female Black, leaving Marvelous with Gold. They'd just have to come up with a reason why Marvelous would have to use Gold, and why Gai wouldn't use Go-On Wings or some other key. Maybe they'll show up late to the battle or something:

Gai: We're here!

(Gai sees Sousuke fighting as Go-On Red)

Gai: Eh?! Sousuke-sempai?!

Marvelous: I guess I can't use that key. It can't be helped. Let's go.

(Marvelous uses Go-On Gold key)

Gai: Hey, wait a minute! Don't just stick me with the girl!

(Gai reluctantly uses the Go-On Silver key, because his fanboy-ness won't allow him to pass up the opportunity to have all seven Go-Ongers fight again :lol: )
You know, I can actually see that happening.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

LOL @ the reaction to bomper

Sousuke calling guy a weirdo... Yeah right. The pot calling the kettle black.

Wtf! Engine having kids.

The fights were ok. I like how the GOkaiger sometimes have to deal with the kaijin from the other series.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

It's so weird seeing Japanese dressed up as wild western characters in these types of shows, especially when you put the blond wig on. I'm saurprised the Toei didn't dress are protagonists in cowboy attire for this episode.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”