Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokai 36 released

Post by takenoko »

The interaction between Gaiark and Zangyack were pretty good. Even their fodder battle of nondescript lackeys was pretty funny since they specialize in not standing out.

I hate to admit this, but I forgot that green's vehicle was a race car. And I have no idea what Joe's vehicle is.

Oh man, they took the isolationist barrier joke and continued with it. When Babacchido exclaims "the arrival of a red ship" it's a reference to Perry's black ships arriving in Japan (thus ending the 200 year extent in which Japan was a closed country)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Ships

Oh, I guess we could have called it sakoku barrier and just linked to this, it explains Japan's isolationist term and policy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakoku
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Gokai 36 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

Apparently Joe's machine is a Jet.

Okay, Go-On GokaiOh doesn't work for me. I can take Shinken GokaiOh, since it's kinda reminiscent to a centaur except you have a lion bottom instead of a horse's. But a race-car bottom? Seriously? I was expecting Machalcon to split up like Fuuraimaru and form weapon parts. I mean, his exhaust pipes shoot missiles and spit fire. They'd certainly be good hand attachments. =/

Haha, funny how Sousuke keeps calling Gai "Yoroi-kun". If you can remember, takenoko has mentioned before that the kanji used for Gai's name is commonly pronounced as 'yoroi', which is 'armor'. Oh the Go-on word puns.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

It was entertaining to see Waruzu Giru introduce himself while doing a dramatic sentai-like pose.

Sousuke's attempts to talk with Machalcon were priceless.

I liked the extra work that went into the Gokai Change. The Go-On Wings suit makes another appearance and it doesn't disappoint.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I think that’s only the second time we’ve seen them pilot their independent vehicles. Pretty unusual for sentai.

Oh, Sousuke. Never, ever change. But please make sure you always have people around you to comment on how ridiculous you are acting. You need a straight man to maximize your funny.

Some great lines during the villain-on-villain battle. Loved the irony of His Highness boasting about the stronger invader winning, and then immediately stepping back to let his minions fight. President Baba’s question about why Zangyack hasn’t won yet was a nice tongue-in-cheek acknowledgment that, for a group that supposedly dominates the galaxy, they’ve had an awful lot of trouble conquering a planet defended by six pirates.

Machalcon has “Super Sentai” on his tires, plus “E-S System” on his side - possibly a reference to his dad’s partner, Esumi Sousuke?

Joe is very smooth. He does Go-On Blue’s part in the group pose, but modifies it so that he does his usual GokaiBlue imaginary hat grab first.

Hey! Don’t cut off right before Sousuke tells Gai what his other pirate name could be! Aw, I want to know what the line was...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This reminded me how much I missed Go-Onger. Lol at the Gokai Fire/ ripping off thing at the end.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

A delinquent sentient car driving all over with no regard for society's rules? If only our heroes were endowed with some sort of power that would inspire others to obey traffic laws...!
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

Oh my god why didn't they goddamn do that, that's genius.

"He's too fast he's getting away we can't catch him. D:"

"Don't be ridiculous. Nobody can outrun us! ...wait. ...He's speeding, isn't he?
GOKAI CHANGE
CAAAAAAAAAAAAARRANGER
"
ima sugu shutsudoukable
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

Aside from the 1st episode of Go-onger, did they ever actually show the Machine World in detail like they did here?
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

zeta_gundam wrote: Okay, Go-On GokaiOh doesn't work for me. I can take Shinken GokaiOh, since it's kinda reminiscent to a centaur except you have a lion bottom instead of a horse's. But a race-car bottom? Seriously? I was expecting Machalcon to split up like Fuuraimaru and form weapon parts. I mean, his exhaust pipes shoot missiles and spit fire. They'd certainly be good hand attachments. =/
Don't you mean Gao Gokai-Ou is like the a call-back to "GaoCentaurus" from GaoRanger?

That aside, this was a pretty entertaining episode. Sousuke, before you go spouting out about things, learn a culture beforehand. Talking about the kotatsu and Speedor having to tell him "We don't have one." that was pretty hilarious.

I will agree that it would have been funnier if they went Carranger, but using their individual mechs was good. Also, speaking of Machalcon, anyone else notice the Gokai emblem on his side now? It's pretty small, but those kind of things really catch my eye.

Next episode looks like it's going to be pretty interesting itself.

Talking about the Preview:
Spoiler
I mean, when was the last time the enemy had a specialized mech for a Big Bad? *I'm not counting Dekaranger since ALL of the Alienizers used mecha.*
evel333
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: INTP Architect

Post by evel333 »

I enjoyed the Go-Onger tribute. The whole arc seemed a bit "higher budget" than most with the Machine World chase and the Go-Onger fight. Good scenes with nice effects. The whole "bad guys vs bad guys" thing I didn't see coming.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

The Gaiark vs Zangyark battle was fun to watch. And Machalcon looks very awesome, although I never really got hooked on the talking cars deal. They just aren't kitt. I do hope that in a next episode they get a Grand Power that turns Go-On Gokai-Oh in a robot/warrior mode like Gao/Shinken Gokai-oh.

36 episodes in and finaly we get to see the individual mecha's in action. Sweet!!!

Preview:
Spoiler
The guy in the chair is that the Emperor or is it Basco?
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

PHurricane wrote:I think that’s only the second time we’ve seen them pilot their independent vehicles. Pretty unusual for sentai.

Oh, Sousuke. Never, ever change. But please make sure you always have people around you to comment on how ridiculous you are acting. You need a straight man to maximize your funny.

Some great lines during the villain-on-villain battle. Loved the irony of His Highness boasting about the stronger invader winning, and then immediately stepping back to let his minions fight. President Baba’s question about why Zangyack hasn’t won yet was a nice tongue-in-cheek acknowledgment that, for a group that supposedly dominates the galaxy, they’ve had an awful lot of trouble conquering a planet defended by six pirates.

Machalcon has “Super Sentai” on his tires, plus “E-S System” on his side - possibly a reference to his dad’s partner, Esumi Sousuke?

Joe is very smooth. He does Go-On Blue’s part in the group pose, but modifies it so that he does his usual GokaiBlue imaginary hat grab first.

Hey! Don’t cut off right before Sousuke tells Gai what his other pirate name could be! Aw, I want to know what the line was...
I believe the 'E-S System' refers to 'Engine-Soul System'. Seems more likely than 'Esumi Sousuke System'.

Anyone else notice that Joe said 'Subari, hade ni ikuze'. Go-On Blue/Ren's trademark word of adding 'su-'?
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Speedor: We don't have a kotatsu.

Or legs to put under one, for that matter. :lol:

I figured Gai would probably end up using Go-On Wings, but I was kind of hoping for Sousuke to join in the roll call so that they could REALLY use all seven.

Anyone else wonder what Sousuke's second idea was for his Gokaiger designation at the end? It got cut off, but judging by his logical choice of GokaiFire (actually, Gai's wrong, Sousuke was ripping off two heroes, not just one: TimeFire and Wolzard Fire) for the first one, I would assume it'd be another "second red", most likely something like GokaiKabuto. The only other option would be some reference to Shinkenger, and we all know how akward that'd be. :lol:

Spoiler
While watching the preview, I had forgotten for a minute that the "extra ranger" keys were now in the Gokaigers' hands, and thought that the bad guys were fighting each other. :lol: I look forward to it.
Last edited by Lunagel on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed double post
triple_lei
Adventure
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
Dreamy: BoukenPink
My boom: Persona series

Post by triple_lei »

Man, I loved that battle of the generic baddies! Finally Giru's time to shine. Go Goumins!
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

When I watch Gokaiger I just love the main antagonists and protagonists of this show. Walz Gil is what a Prince should be and he's perfect.

Now back to the episode
I love how natural Sousuke was in the Ending with Gai especially with the GokaiFire part that was really natural haha.
Now there's the episode where each Gokaiger fights by using their own mecha.
Really loved tha Gaiark vs Zangyack fight. Insaan, Barizorg and Walz entrance was rather funny because it reminds us of Gokaiger's Gun enterences.
Insaan's whip... wow...

Preview
Spoiler
Walz has a warehouse with his own machine... I thought at first he would have some "true form" or something , it seems the Emperor appears in this episode. Joe fights Barizorg. There is a Special Gokai Change featuring Extra Heroes and seeing Don as Signalman is hilarious haha

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”