Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Fourze 14 released

Post by takenoko »

I think my favorite part of the episode is JK finding out where the meetup location is to avoid it.

Thanks for acting as a plot device, Libra Zodiarts. He even says "It's not time to reveal Scorpion's identity yet."

At least we get to see more of Sonoda. Speaking of which, it was pretty good to see her duplicity when she's back at school and greeting Gentarou and the others. You never see hidden identities used in an effective way anymore, so this is nice.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: KR Fourze 14 released

Post by PHurricane »

Sonoda and her Switch survived the episode, which surprised me. Here’s to hoping that we get some more interesting encounters because of that. Hayami’s comment about no one expecting a teacher to be a Zodiarts was intriguing. Does that mean the other Horoscopes are not teachers/staff from the school?

Gentarou had some nice action in this episode. Nice kick near the end, and a good display of reflexes when Scorpion attacked him in the records room. Too bad the chair wasn’t strong enough to block the attack.

Libra making Gentarou see himself was a nice mind-blowing moment from Gentarou’s perspective, but a head scratcher from the audience’s. If Libra was there early enough to create the illusion, he could have just taken the body. I guess he just wanted to deliver his ominous message.

It’s such a little detail, but I really enjoy reading all of the English on the computer screens in Rabbit Hutch and the briefcase computer. Unlike most other Sentai and Rider series, it’s extremely accurate and informative.

Interesting deployment of the Astro Switches without a full Henshin. Even though it looked pretty painful for both parties involved, I wonder if it’s something we might see again.

I’m pretty sure that if something has the power of a small star exploding, it will take out more than just a city.

Just to be on the safe side, Mega Max CM comment:
Spoiler
With a CM that stars off “Girlfriend kitaaa!”, that last scene wasn’t at all subtle.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Maybe it's because we have omnipotent viewer perspective, but I just assumed all the teachers (except Oosugi) were Zodiarts commanders. It just makes sense when thinking about the nature of the school. I took Gamou's statement to mean that the public would never suspect the school's principal and its teachers were the distributors of addictive monster-creating stuff.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

TELESCOPES DO NOT WORK LIKE THAT!

Interesting episode, definitely wasn't expecting Sonoda-sensei to survive. The Medical Switch was a titch deus-ex-machina-y but I'm willing to forgive it since there's just so many switches. I like the Supernova power, very cool with Scorpion's further transformations.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Evil Sono-cha looks very hot. She should've killed Gen, Shun and JK, instead of waiting for the poison.

I don't like mecha and giant monsters in my KR... Unfortunately, it seems they'll keep doing it...

Rocket and Drill got big for the finisher for no reason. That was lame.

Keeping Sono-chan's identity secret so she can be scorpion again was good.

Overall, the ep was a bit lame. The final scene was funny and was a huge ad for the movie.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So with that last comment, would that mean that the movie could fit into canon?

With the identity a secret and the switch intact, that does lead the possibility open that Scorpion could come back. I will be interested to how Sodona is portrayed until that, if she'll secretly antagonise the club or not. The Principal being a Horoscope is no shock, but his voice sounds the same in his transformed state. I wonder if anyone will figure it out?

Also, I do like that Supernova form thing. It was a good explanation has to how she was able to beat Shun in the Dizer, considering he curb-stomped her last time.

And does hitting the limit break lever twice in quick succession cause the modules to power up for the strike? How often will we see this effect?

A nice end to the initial arc and first quarterish of the series.
Kamen Rider
Gabu
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
My boom: Gaim
Quote: おばあちゃんはこう言ってた。天の道を行き、総てを司る男………俺の名は天道総司

Post by Kamen Rider »

so ummm.... why didnt Shun just transform into Fourze to use the medical switch??? It's not like Gentarou is the only one who can transform....anyone can......
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

nice to se the Drider kick again
m4rc0 wrote: Rocket and Drill got big for the finisher for no reason. That was lame.
this is from the same director who did Gurren Lagann, expect a lot of that in the future... even so, it was implied that gen has some kind of effect on the switches, making them to awake their true power or something(it was that or Rule of Cool).
it's confirmed, the principal is Libra...it's funny, i tought that zodiart was cancer xD
Last edited by locuas on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Gah man, they had the perfect chance to kill Gentarou off and maybe even include a couple new characters to replace JK and Shun ><

As for Rocket and Drill getting bigger, let us assume they did that as a 'double limit break' eh?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

No man, it's because Gentarou's Drill is the Drill that will.. pierce the stars.. or something like that.

This episode was real epic for a "First Boss" encounter.

One thing I really like about the series so far is that you can actually see Gentarou gradually getting stronger. He fights a lot better and more efficient now than he did when he started. I blame it on Spira.. I mean Cosmic Energy.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Not a bad episode overall.

Shun's driving skills seem to be a lot better pulling drift-tricks like that.

I was laughing when Kengo was using the Med-Switch on Gentarou. Gentarou calling him a dumbass for using something that hurts himself. And Kengo throwing back at him for being a dumbass for going to such extremes for one person when he's sick. Pot calling the Kettle Black, I believe.

So, Sasori Sonoda gets to hate Gentarou for making her lose her place. Speaking of which, brrr, that look when she was praised with Supernova freaked me out. She looked like she was going insane with her hair messed up like that.

Speaking of Zodiarts, Libra, really? You go out of the way to mind-fuck with Fourze and then tell him off? Low blow.

I really thought that the principal guy would be Leo. But if we go about this from another point of view, Leo is a Lion, who is know as the King of Beasts, then is it possible the big bad is Leo?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like the book ends on this little arc. Fourze beats Orion with the Rocket Drill Space Kick, and does it on Scorpion as well, in the same arc that involves Orions character.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

That gauntlet was really cool. Fourze seems like a series that doesn't weaken the supporting cast for the sake of the main Rider. I hope it makes a reappearance to let the ordinary KRC members use Switch power. Double Limit Break was surprisingly powerful without any drawbacks, which felt off. Plus, the stock footage (that Rider usually doesn't do) was kinda blatant.

I liked that Gentarou didn't suddenly decide "oh, the KRC is complete now just because." He tried to bring Miura into the club and got rejected. It's a little thing that keeps his character wonderfully consistent.
Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:I really thought that the principal guy would be Leo. But if we go about this from another point of view, Leo is a Lion, who is know as the King of Beasts, then is it possible the big bad is Leo?
I doubt it. He was described as "the sun that we orbit", plus he's got those eyes and Supernova (I hope the Kiva song of the same name plays in Fourze eventually). I think he's above the Horoscopes somehow.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

This episode was interesting to say the least. The expansion of rocket/drill finisher was....eh. I would've understood it better if they talked about the energy from the first one passing over into the second or something.

This show is starting to remind me of Den-O in a fashion-with the doubled powered finishers and the huge monsters. Well, Den-O and Hibiki.

Why couldn't power Dizer move it's arms when it was pinned by the Supernova Scorpion (not the official name, but let's go with it)? I mean, he could've moved them, but it seemed like he just wanted to be thrown around like a rag-doll
Kamen Rider wrote:so ummm.... why didnt Shun just transform into Fourze to use the medical switch??? It's not like Gentarou is the only one who can transform....anyone can......
I think you meant Kengo, and, unofficially, we're just gonna assume that, like most belts, they can only be used by one person, even though Kengo probably was the intended owner of fourze, his body can't fully handle the strain.

About the Libra Zoidarts:AYAYAYAYA! (shouldn't be that hard to get the joke)

Side note: I know the 3-2-1 thing is actually part of the raw footage, but is there any chance the typesetter could replicate that? Not something I'm demanding, but just something I wanna see.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

FangTrigger wrote: Why couldn't power Dizer move it's arms when it was pinned by the Supernova Scorpion (not the official name, but let's go with it)? I mean, he could've moved them, but it seemed like he just wanted to be thrown around like a rag-doll
maybe it was damaged in a specific place or a rock get caught in some place, preventing him from move the arms. After all, Shun only used the powerdizer to fight once, and it was scorpion without supernova power, he isn't used to fight with the powerdizer, so he wasn't sure what to do to solve the problem with the arms.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”