2nd Favorite Series: DaiRanger
Dreamy: Saki Royama
Favorite Actor?: David Tennant
Favorite Band: Whitesnake
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Toku, Gaming, Dr Who

Fourze problems

Post by KiRider93 »

hi, hope this is the right place to ask and you may tell me if im being utterly stupid but am I the only one around who doesn't really like Fourze, there are a couple of problems i have with it therefore i stopped on ep 11
Last edited by Lunagel on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from unrelated topic and moved to Fourze subforum
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Fourze problems

Post by Lunagel »

I know there are some people who don't really like it. Personally I love it but I assume you want to state your reasons for disliking it or are you just going to stick with vague statements?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well first, I kind of want to know what your intent is with this thread. Do you want us to tell you why we like it in an attempt to convince you to keep going?

If you genuinely dislike it and don't intend to continue it, that's perfectly fine too. Not everyone is going to like everything. It's nothing to feel guilty about.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The only other guy I know in real life that watches Kamen Rider doesn't like Fourze because it reminds him of Glee. He's a bet of a pessimist anyway.

That seems to be the thing, it's quite hit or miss for most people. To be honest, I'm enjoying it a lot more than OOO and was able to get into it a lot faster than I did all the other series I watched during their televised run.
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

I think this topic should be named Fourze World Problems. I think it would suit it perfectly.
ImageImage
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

I was ultra pessimistic leading up to the first episode, but I was the same way about W. For some reason, the rider concepts never look good when they are concepts, but the execution always ends up changing my mind. I really like how team based Fourze is, everyone has their Ocean's 11/Mission Impossible style clearly defined role. I know almost nothing about Glee, so I don't have to deal with comparing it to that.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
xshinox
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Boukengers
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by xshinox »

the whole "glee" thing is stupid and shouldn't be compared to fourze. glee has singing while fourze doesn't. think of fourze like a better version of season 1 power rangers (you know, where the kids are in high school).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Fourze has no Glee or singing, eh?
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

episode 15 doesn't count...
xshinox wrote:the whole "glee" thing is stupid and shouldn't be compared to fourze. glee has singing while fourze doesn't. think of fourze like a better version of season 1 power rangers (you know, where the kids are in high school).
i would think of a GOOD masked rider rather than a better power rangers season 1(because they already have it with megaranger :lol: )...
KiRider93
Favorite series: Jetman

Post by KiRider93 »

wow, i helped make up a new thread in less than a day lol. Anyway my reasons is that whilst i was watching ep 11, that dude who fancied yuki became a zodiart and then he was confronted by Gentarou and then shun in the power dizer pummelled him away. For me it was horrible to watch cuz it kind of reminds me of one of them situations where a jock disses a "nerd" and i dont like that because it makes me feel like im a loser whose gonna get dissed and to think this is a Kamen Rider show, in the same franchise as such classics like Black RX, Kuuga and Agito, i just don't really believe it. What i basically want know is am i alone in the dark on this, if so, i'll probably just skip this series.

although i do like the look and feel of the action scenes and that the writer for this wrote Gurren Lagann which i love, the character's personalities and stereotypicalness doesn't do it for me. It is my opinion after all.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well, a lot of the people here are probably going to be the nerdy underdog. But I can't really sympathize with the villain in 11 since, that got was kind of a murderous sociopath. The guy was clearly annoying and his reaction to being rejected was to try to kill the girls who did it. That's sorta not cool.

I mean, it goes both ways. We don't know if he was bullied by the girls, or to what extent he was bothering them. But at some point, it's clear his antisocial ways was detrimental to the astronomy club and his relationship with those girls. He can't really blame society for rejecting him if he has an annoying personality. That's something he has to take responsibility for.

Edit: If you make two posts in a row, hit the edit button, not the new post button. It keeps the number of superfluous posts down.
KiRider93

Post by KiRider93 »

alright, well thanks for your help but i think i'm gonna skip this series and just stick to what i like. I apologize if i'm being stupid
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well, I don't think you're being stupid just because you dislike a show
y671
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Nago/IXA
Quote: "Everybody thinks of changing the world, but nobody thinks of changing themselves"

Post by y671 »

I'm still not sure what to think about Fourze. I was never one for high school shows, which put me off right from the beginning. I do think however, that the series has improved a bit with the last few episodes. I'll probably end up watching the whole show, though. I didn't really like Goseiger either yet for some reason I don't understand I still watched it all....
Watched:
KR: V3, Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, Double, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim
SS: Live, Dai, Gao, Hurri, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bus, Kyoryu

Watching: Jetman, Drive
KiRider93

Post by KiRider93 »

i might go back to watching Fourze if there's an episode where bullies pick on a "nerd" but Gentarou or Kengo or whatever befriends him and have sort of a moral saying bullying is wrong or something, that'll make me regain faith in the series.

Oh and thanks for the name change.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”