Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Re: KR Fourze 22 released

Post by archer9234 »

I really didn't like that Ryuusei knew what Meteor used on Peg. That blatantly screams "I'm Meteor". It could be explained away by him just watching recordings from Burger Meal. As for the evolving. At least they could forcibly prevent it. Virgo had to bring the body over to him. So if the group prevents that. They can't evolve. And Ryuusei should of been caught. There were belt noises when his hands moved. So his belt should of been visible to JK. Meteor and Virgo rivalry. Do I smell Gosei Knight and Alice copying...
Last edited by archer9234 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ximara
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Marvel
Quote: "Where'd you get the name Ximara?"
"It's my nobody name."

Post by Ximara »

[quote="takenoko.

Trivia:
鬼島夏児 Kijima Natsuji. The family name means "oni island". At least it's not Onigashima, am I right? And Natsuji means "summer child". So what's this an anagram of?
[/quote]

The summer child thing makes sense since since we Cancers are born between June 21st and July 23rd. As far as I know there isn't any relation between the cancer in Greek mythology and Pegasus. The Cancer from the myths was sent by Hera to kill Heracles (just to clarify in greek it's Heracles and in Roman it's Hercules so please don't jump on me about that.) and he squished it...good for us Cancers. There are two different retellings about how it ended up in the sky. One is that Hera placed it there as thanks for it's service...the other is that Heracles kicked it up there...as you can tell we're batting a thousand...
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by CeronosLive »

Lol, makes my posting about there being no one becoming a horoscope as of episode 21 even funnier. xD Didn't expect that coming.

But I kind of hope that the teacher would train Gentarou how to fight from now on. It'd be interesting to see Fourze's way of fighting changing the more he learns. xD
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Ximara wrote:There are two different retellings about how it ended up in the sky. One is that Hera placed it there as thanks for it's service...the other is that Heracles kicked it up there...as you can tell we're batting a thousand...
Well, one is honorable, the other is more comic relief in the same line as Cancer Bubble from the "Ryuusei no Rokkuman" anime.

Contains a Spoiler from "Ryuki" that seems relevant to "Fourze" thought:
Spoiler
Back on topic, first new Horoscope to be known is a crab... "first other Rider to die was a crab" am I seeing a pattern? Maybe I'm just being hopeful.

The series never ceases to amaze me. I loved how Gentarou used those Switches in tandem. Tap and Beat though... that's... interesting to say the least. Stealth and Wheel, NICE! Claw + Shield = AWESOME!

Also, did anyone else notice the extra firepower it took for Fourze's rocket pack to keep Fourze from flying back during Magnet States?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Interesting episode. funny how we learn the identity of a new horoscopes before learning all the ones we already had.

@go-on macaroni: off topic, but cool rin icon.
StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
My boom: everything...

Post by StagBeetle »

Holy crab, it's Cancer! (pun intended :)
The evolution seems kind of rushed, which I think, is what causing the confusion that all they need to evolve into a Horoscope is just to throw in the body. The way I see it, Pegasus surpassed Last One and was immediately ready to evolve to the next stage. I guess his determination is quite strong, seeing that he learns kickboxing really fast.

Meteor's one-inch punch is awesome! Thought the Jupiter punch was a KR equivalent. Didn't expect him to do it in suit. Out of suit, maybe, but in suit? Wow! That moment when Ryuusei was almost caught henshin (which was hilarious), I heard the belt's sound too, but saw that his hand was still in his pocket. I guess he didn't take it out in time (luckily). Talking of that scene, nice way of break-dancing your way out of Pegasus, JK.
archer9234 wrote:I really didn't like that Ryuusei knew what Meteor used on Peg. That blatantly screams "I'm Meteor". It could be explained away by him just watching recordings from Burger Meal.
But he WAS with the other guys, just before he transformed. Guess he can say that he saw it all from his 'hiding' spot.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Catastrophe wrote:Is there any relation between Pegasus and Cancer in any mythology like there was Scorpion and the Canus Minor? I couldn't find anything (although I didn't look very hard).
None by conventional readings. Pegasus's closest mythological connections amongst the constellations are Perseus (who slew Medusa and it was from her blood that Pegasus was born) and at a further remove, Andromeda. As has been mentioned Cancer's closest mythological relation is Hercules/Herakles.
Ximara wrote:Heracles (just to clarify in greek it's Heracles and in Roman it's Hercules so please don't jump on me about that
Actually, while I'm normally all for using the Greek version (though personally I prefer to Romanize with a K for easier visual discrimination between the Greek and the Roman) Hercules is probably more accurate in this case since the constellation uses the Roman name rather than the Greek.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
Minji
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Quote: "Whenever you see a dangerous man walking slowly towards you with a loud and looming god choir chanting in the background... just fucking run."
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Minji »

Virgo's wings are cute.

The kickboxing dudes must have been all "wtf is going on..." when Gentarou and Haruka were talking.

Haha I was waiting for JK to latch onto Ryuusei. But of course they intend to keep Meteor's identity hidden.

A pretty cool twist in my opinion. I like Kijima's motive. "Bitch took my fan!" I'll be the first one to admit that I love villains who do whatever they do just because it's fun. Haha I was just thinking about how he was probably the first Zodiarts ~evil~ enough when he turned into Cancer. I was still surprised that it actually happened, though.

Stop rejecting other clubs, Gentarou! I want to see the kickboxing club and Tomoko's rise to stardom okay.
CeronosLive wrote:I kind of hope that the teacher would train Gentarou how to fight from now on. It'd be interesting to see Fourze's way of fighting changing the more he learns. xD
This too.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

StagBeetle wrote:
archer9234 wrote:I really didn't like that Ryuusei knew what Meteor used on Peg. That blatantly screams "I'm Meteor". It could be explained away by him just watching recordings from Burger Meal.
But he WAS with the other guys, just before he transformed. Guess he can say that he saw it all from his 'hiding' spot.
You're hiding faraway cowering. You aren't going to know close up details. Can you picture JK knowing those details if he ran away. that's Ryuusei's cover.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

You know, something I've already been enjoying about this series is how not only does Fourze's assortment of switches expand over time, but Gentarou's combat ability too. You see him fight MUCH more effectively with each episode. Him getting a kickboxing teacher just adds to this.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Good episode. I was surprised Pegasus turned into Cancer (if they riffed on St. Seiya, it would have been Leo) but if I knew the name meaning I wouldn't have. By the way, the "Oni" constellation Tamahome (see: Fushigi Yuugi) is, I think, equivalent to Cancer so it might be a 2-way reference.

I really enjoyed having the teacher come out at the end and coach him. I was thinking she should be his trainer. She should definitely be a recurring character, she was cool.

The evolution thing seems to be confusing a lot of people. In Sonoda's flashback she used Last One -> her brightest star went nova -> her power went into overload with red and black energy swirling around her -> her body was sucked back into her and she evolved.

So the people who have been going past last one lately have only been going to stage 2 of the 3 steps and not going critical mass until this week's guy who (like Sonoda) went all the way directly. And, Card Captor Virgo was ready for it. (Seriously, Virgo, Kinomoto Sakura called, she wants her staff and wings back).
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Wow. Nao's really popular.

I just realized who Meteor reminds me of. He reminds me of Goseiknight, what with the english word usage when he uses his planet fists and the Tensouder.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I figured Kijima was the Switcher last week; the fan thing seemed a little too convenient.

I'm sure I would have been puzzled if I were 13, though.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

First, a puppy evolved into a scorpion, then a horse evolved into a crab?

Man, the writer should play some Pokemon more. jk.

So, Haruka Utsugi is still Gen's classroom teacher or not? The answer might determine whether she will be a recurring character in the series.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

I can help but to wonder what would have happened if anyone besides Haruka-sensei had entered the classroom while fourze was inside, i can only imagine if said person had been Oosugi sensei.... :mrgreen:

I admit i wasn´t expecting kijima to be the zodiart, the case against nao was really convincent, but i did find it really cool how he was fooling everyone copying the body languaje of the teacher. I wasn´t expecting himm to become a Horoscope either, it seems like he could be a really cool villan, specially since the KR club knows his identity, so he can´t just continue to go to school, and even if the Principal tries to cover for him, it could be really suspicious and might reveal the identity of the other Horoscopes. Or maybe they will play the "if you tell my secret i will tell yours" card, which could be lame, but then again, i am pretty sure half the school knows who fourze is by this point.

The way Fourze use the close-combat switches was really awesome, specially the claw-shield combination, i always thought that shield was to small to be used efectively against projectiles and it never occurred to me how efective it could be in close kombat. Also, invisible segway.

I kind of suspect the KR club have an idea of who Meteor is, but they are just waiting for him to be honest, or at leat that´s what i hope will happen.

Thanks for the release!!!

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”