....Soo.... what's with Kamen Rider Nigo now?

It's the year of the Playstation
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< OOO | Fourze | Wizard >
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

....Soo.... what's with Kamen Rider Nigo now?

Post by CeronosLive »

So after seeing the previews for the Super Hero Wars.... I kind of noticed that he had a new look. Which he also sported in Megamax.

....Did they just up and changed his look? D:

Edit:

Don't worry about if this is spoilers, since from what I've read it has no impact on either movie. It's just... new look all of the sudden.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: ....Soo.... what's with Kamen Rider Nigo now?

Post by OOOKaiser »

Well... in Kamen Rider Spirits (Manga) Kamen Rider Nigo had a black helmet too... sooo I don't know.
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

I remember reading/watching somewhere the reason why Nigou's helmet is painted black is because it got damaged during production (I think the Decade Net Movies? *can't remember*). Lack of another helmet with the correct color had the production team having to improvise with the black paint. I could be wrong.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Spoiler

This shows Kamen Rider Nigo's BLACK helmet on the right
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by CeronosLive »

I think that was from the original Kamen Rider show? I'm not entirely sure.

But I'm just wondering the real reasoning behind the switch back. In the Decade movie and the 40th Anniversery movie he didn't wear it, but he's wearing it now. Did they decide to change it so that it's easier to tell him apart from Kamen Rider 1? xD
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Different production teams. The current people working on Kamen Rider are actually fans of the franchise. They remembered that Rider 2 had a black helmet during the 7 Legendary Riders era that ended with 8 Riders vs Galaxy King and used it again.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Therm_Kitty wrote:Different production teams. The current people working on Kamen Rider are actually fans of the franchise. They remembered that Rider 2 had a black helmet during the 7 Legendary Riders era that ended with 8 Riders vs Galaxy King and used it again.
that makes sense. I thought they changed it because of the manga... LOL
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

To all of you ignorant people out there, the first time Kamen Rider Nigo's black helmet was used in live action was in Kamen Rider ZX movie/special titled "Birth of the 10th! Kamen Riders All Together!!"
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

HyperDrake wrote:To all of you ignorant people out there, the first time Kamen Rider Nigo's black helmet was used in live action was in Kamen Rider ZX movie/special titled "Birth of the 10th! Kamen Riders All Together!!"
Sorry for not know everything about Kamen Rider. Geez.
ImageImage
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Whoa, don't provoke him further, Gunzy. His greasy, cheeto-stained fingers are gliding frictionlessly enough across his keyboard when not through his elegant neckbeard, would you really have him add angry sweat to the concoction?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

If the point of the (awesome) ZX special was to keep track of what every rider was wearing then huh... I guess I did it wrong. :lol:
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

lonegamer7 wrote:I remember reading/watching somewhere the reason why Nigou's helmet is painted black is because it got damaged during production (I think the Decade Net Movies? *can't remember*). Lack of another helmet with the correct color had the production team having to improvise with the black paint. I could be wrong.

I herd this to awhile back, that in filming one of the movies the helmet got damaged and the only thing they had avaliable was black spray paint. Forgot where this little tidbit came from. But yes I have watched soemthing and read something like that to.
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by CeronosLive »

Why can't people who know a lot more ever just be helpful and informative instead of just pretending to be high and mighty? = .=;

So tell me this, if it was in ZX, why did it change back for their team up with Black Rx?
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

I am not sure but i think the black helmet did appear during the original kamen rider, during the second half of the show when Takeshi hongo returned as the main character and Ichimonji only made guest appearances.

During the first 2 episodes of KR V3, both tider 1 & 2 wore the same helmet, basically the same look they had in Let´s Go Kamen Rider, but in episodes 33 and 34 were they gloriously reappeared, Niggo wore the regular green helmet while Ichigo wore the black one, i am not sure why.

Niggo wore the black helmet in the 8 riders versus galaxy king movie and the ZX special.

I guess they only use that helmet to help distinguish Ichigo from Niggo even further when they are together and the black helmet became and alternate appearance for him, the regular green helmet he wore in RX is his main appearance from the original series, we have to remember that Niggo was upgradded before Ichigo, so that look was originaly his. Probably the switch between appearances was made out of convenience during those first years and later both looks became distinctive of him, they probably still use the black helmet look because it´s easier to tell him apart from Ichigou.

That´s pretty much all i know about this issue, if you want a definitive answer, you may to have to ask Igadevil.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”