It's the year of the Playstation
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< OOO | Fourze | Wizard >
Flare Phoenix
7X

Re: KR Fourze 38 Released

Post by Flare Phoenix »

dancercotillion wrote:Oh no, guys, this show isn't slaughtering teenagers left and right. My blood-thirst! :qq:
That's a very nice strawman you have there. Is people offering criticism to a show you like just too much for you to handle?
dancercotillion wrote:Eline did a good job because Gamou has yet another Switch and a lead on the next Horoscope. That's all. She's more useful than Cancer or Scorpio were, obviously, hence why she and Capricorn get to live on with just a memory wipe.
So basically you're saying it would have been far more effective for Gamou to just ask Aquarius for the switch and be done with her? I don't know what episodes you were watching, because Aquarius did absolutely nothing to help them get a lead on the next Horoscope. She never interacted with Yuuta in any meaningful capacity, and certainly never did anything that would push him to the point of it making his inner constellation easier to see. He was never even aware Aquarius existed.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

takenoko wrote:I also kind of feel like old man Gamou has a soft spot for his students. Remember that it wasn't his orders that had Cancer eliminated, that was all Libra's doing. I kind of don't remember how Libra explained that to Gamou. Maybe he didn't?
True enough. I couldn't remember any other Horoscope names, hurf.

Gamou may sit in his egg chair, scheming about... whatever he's scheming about... but he seems like he's actually kind of a good person still, especially toward kids. He's always friendly when students approach, and even though he knows Gentarou is Fourze he never takes any action against him for it. The Horoscope commanders are a different story, but Gamou seems like actually not a terrible villainous type, though we don't really know what his goals are leading to: he wants control over the Hole, and to awaken all the Horoscopes (though he seems ok to merely possess their switch, the actual commander seems less important overall).

Perhaps Eline's line about Zodiart bodies being what humans need to survive in space is part of it. Maybe Gamou wants all the switches and the Hole so he can turn everyone into a Zodiart and Evolve The Species? Pretty soon, he'll be crashing an asteroid into Earth while screaming about the Newtypes being better equipped for the stars.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Dengar wrote:I don't think Miu has any feelings for Gentarou per se. At least not that advanced. It's more like, Gentarou was the guy that made the biggest impact on her life. I thought the episode made that pretty clear.

Unless you think it's impossible for a girl to be impressed by a guy without falling head over heels for them.
In a school anime/manga/whatever it usually is. I'm not writing that is pretty clear that she likes him or anything. But what's shown is pretty much how things normally start in japanese pop culture. And it's something that could've been explored if the members of the club had some screen time out of "their" episodes.
Skeith
7X
Quote: I'm.....right here.

Post by Skeith »

m4rc0 wrote:
Dengar wrote:I don't think Miu has any feelings for Gentarou per se. At least not that advanced. It's more like, Gentarou was the guy that made the biggest impact on her life. I thought the episode made that pretty clear.

Unless you think it's impossible for a girl to be impressed by a guy without falling head over heels for them.
In a school anime/manga/whatever it usually is. I'm not writing that is pretty clear that she likes him or anything. But what's shown is pretty much how things normally start in japanese pop culture. And it's something that could've been explored if the members of the club had some screen time out of "their" episodes.

If this was a school anime/manga/whatever, then Gentarou would be going after the girl from the school trip.

But you know him. Anything beyond friendship= Does not compute.
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

Actually... in a school anime/manga/whatever... Gentarou would either end up with the most popular girl in school, or have all the prettiest girls running after him whiel he has barely to no interest in any of them whatsoever.

As for Eline... I liked the tension in battle, but truth be told, I didn't like the ending much either, it was a little too light hearted. It's not that she has been dumbed down, feels more like she was a friendly person to anybody to begin with given how fast she developed such friendship with gentarou...

I really would have preferred for her to at least fall in a coma, who knows maybe that would have served to increase Gen's resolution on beating out the main baddiest with more feeling.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I feel sorry for Eline at the end. That she just, lost all that growth she went through, all that change. Heck that even makes her becoming Gentarou's bud feels self defeating. Really hope her memory comes back by the end.

Have to admit, when Libra found Taurus I was half worried it was gonna be one of the club... But I'm still not convinced one of the club isn't some part of their plan. Heck they might even be the one with the 'core switch'.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

ok yeah, just finished the episode myself and this is bugging me. How did Gentarou figures out the pot on her shoulder is the key? While this point was pointed out during Meteor's fight with Aquarius, even Ryuusei didn't notice the fact itself.

Overall, a good development story for a Horoscopes, shame they played Eline's ending like that. I thought at the least they will give her a Libra's or Queen Fangire's ending. Heck, even a Sagark's ending would be better than this one.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

dancercotillion wrote:
takenoko wrote:I also kind of feel like old man Gamou has a soft spot for his students. Remember that it wasn't his orders that had Cancer eliminated, that was all Libra's doing. I kind of don't remember how Libra explained that to Gamou. Maybe he didn't?
True enough. I couldn't remember any other Horoscope names, hurf.

Gamou may sit in his egg chair, scheming about... whatever he's scheming about... but he seems like he's actually kind of a good person still, especially toward kids. He's always friendly when students approach, and even though he knows Gentarou is Fourze he never takes any action against him for it. The Horoscope commanders are a different story, but Gamou seems like actually not a terrible villainous type, though we don't really know what his goals are leading to: he wants control over the Hole, and to awaken all the Horoscopes (though he seems ok to merely possess their switch, the actual commander seems less important overall).

Perhaps Eline's line about Zodiart bodies being what humans need to survive in space is part of it. Maybe Gamou wants all the switches and the Hole so he can turn everyone into a Zodiart and Evolve The Species? Pretty soon, he'll be crashing an asteroid into Earth while screaming about the Newtypes being better equipped for the stars.
I myself feel that Gamou is a slightly more mellow Sonozaki Ryuubei. They're villainous through and through; but minus their evil/evil with good intentions plot, they're actually amicable people.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

toni2212 wrote:ok yeah, just finished the episode myself and this is bugging me. How did Gentarou figures out the pot on her shoulder is the key? While this point was pointed out during Meteor's fight with Aquarius, even Ryuusei didn't notice the fact itself.
I think, though it was hard to tell graphically, that the healing water originated at the shoulder pots, not to mention that Aquarius's whole thing is she carries water over her shoulder, so that might also be where they got the idea that it was from her shoulder jugs.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Boooo!! The Eline-saga has already ended. Too bad because in these last two episodes, I've grown to like the character. She's shown her loyalty, passion, and devotion in such a short time.

And.........she still reminds me of Natsuki Kato.
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

Fidchell wrote:Actually... in a school anime/manga/whatever... Gentarou would either end up with the most popular girl in school, or have all the prettiest girls running after him whiel he has barely to no interest in any of them whatsoever.
Actually, this does seem to be the case, especially in the Prom episode. Miu and the two ex-Zodiarts both wanted to ask Gentarou to the prom. Gentarou was completely oblivious to Miu's hints, as well as to the intentions of the girl on the school trip. Overall, Gentarou does seem fairly popular with the ladies.

For a minute, I actually thought Eline had died, with her disappearing like that. That was actually quite shocking and emotional, with Gentarou sobbing in his suit. It was still kind of sad when she was like "Who are you?", but not on the same level.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”