It's the year of the Playstation
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< OOO | Fourze | Wizard >
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

KR Fourze 38 Released

Post by ReversedSentai »

This was a nice continuation from last week. I was surprised a bit when they revealed that Yuuki was requested to hide the camera parts from last week to see if they had the skills to recover from that loss.

Also, this has got to be one of the most dramatic episodes ever. Eline as Aquarius & Gentarou as Fourze fighting in the rain with no background music, and with the rest of the Kamen Rider Club watching in silence.

Finally, I really liked how they tied in Yuuki's partner during the test at the end of the episode with Libra discovering that the boy is also a commander.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Fourze 38 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think Leo kinda of screwed himself later on with his childish outburst on Fourze hopefully allowing Gentarou to figure out the big bad is Gamou. Seriously Leo, that has to be the stupidest thing you could do. Sure you revere Gamou as your god but no need to get upset because someone touched your god so casually. Eline is the most noble Horoscope with her healing Yuuki after she learned that Yuuki was told to hide the camera part even though she might be hated for it. The battle in the rain was pretty good and even Gentarou figuring out that destroying the jugs on Aquarius's shoulders was the key to defeating her was very insightful.

Next episode

Spoiler
When in doubt, student council = evil. Unless the show is about them then they are good.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Too bad Eline wasn't a regular character. I really like the honorable villain type. Obviously she can't just betray Gamou or it'd be too easy. It kind of felt like they gave Eline a lobotomy at the end. It really is kind of sad because all that effort into befriending Eline has gone to waste. While she may not have literally died, the Eline they knew is sort of gone.

I like how they slowly introduced us to the student council vice president.

And a link to our wiki page on Fourze 38:
http://www.wolfinspace.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Fourze_38
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

So, what exactly did Aquarius do that made Gamou consider it a "fine job". I mean Libra helped destroy the hole around Kyoto and he had no reservations about banishing him to the Dark Nebula, but Aquarius was really nothing more than a mild nuisance to the group and he was "Aquarius did a fine job". She didn't even help them discover Taurus, since they never really interacted during either episode.

It is a shame Eline only lasted the two episodes, since she was one of the most interesting characters to come out of Fourze. The frustration of something seemingly goofing off but constantly getting rewarded for it was an interesting motivation. Not to mention the conflict between her wanting to be friends with the Rider Club, but also being loyal to Gamou, who she looks up to. Also, there were some moments when she had that insane look on her face which I thought were genuinely terrifying. It is a real shame we wasn't a major character since she could have easily stuck around for a little while. Unfortunately, with only two episodes it made her defeat come across as incredibly rushed.

Finally, I'm sick of all the non-deaths in Fourze. Shadow Realms and Memory Erasing. I want them to actually kill someone off for a change. It really ruined the mood for me how everything was just happy and cheerful at the end of the episode.

So all in all, a rather mediocre episode for me. Not bad, but not especially great either. Though I do like the fact they introduced Taurus in this story arc to lead into the next one.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

takenoko wrote:It kind of felt like they gave Eline a lobotomy at the end.
>>> To give her a lobotomy sounds too far, I think. Maybe, she and other previous Zodiarts've just been subjected to simple memory erasement or hypnosis. She doesn't have the look of someone who's been lobotomized, anyway. Take a look at Jack Nicholson's character in the ending of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" to see how a lobotomized patient looks like.
Flare Phoenix wrote:Finally, I'm sick of all the non-deaths in Fourze. Shadow Realms and Memory Erasing. I want them to actually kill someone off for a change. It really ruined the mood for me how everything was just happy and cheerful at the end of the episode.
>>> That's what's been bothering me about this show. It's pretty clear to me that Toei took a lil' concept of Dopants for Zodiarts where the monsters are simply the transformation of mere humans using tools (GaiaMemory and Zodiarts Switch). Before Dopants and Zodiarts, we've got original monsters (not previously human being such as Undeads, Grongi, etc.) and permanently human-operated-into-monsters (such as the monsters in Showa era riders) as Rider's opponent. But, at least in W, most of the Dopants still got killed. This show really has been toned down in term of death.
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

Actually its Fridge Brilliance that no Zodiart or human has died so far: Gamou can cover up monster attacks and hospitalized students but its much harder to cover up, say, a dead student.

Also I have a very strong feeling, purely on the number of this episode, that we're seeing development to Gentarou's character that might be following on rom his Movie Wars appearence. Purely hypothetical though, I haven't seen it yet, but the fact that he got so dramatic and manly tears over a zodiart he had become buds with... well it has a feeling of "Begins Night" all over again.

I actually felt that these episodes, while they developed Yuuki's character... it was more about Gentarou and Eline than it was Yuuki. Gentarou seemed to get deeper bonds with Eline than Yuuki (Who's a child hood friend) or the other Kamen Rider club girls (they weren't immediately friends). With Eline, evenwhen he found out she was a zodiart, they stayed friends, and really, to me, it seemed like something more was developing, it felt like the two were genuinely in love, Gentarou's determination mixing with hers, and their love of space binding them together. Gentarou didn't look at her in a bad light the once, even when he found out she was quite literally a monster... and yet even when he faces her in battle, having to fight with all those bonds in tow, knowing that this will be the last time he will see her like this, he still pulls through, and does what he needs to, both for the club... and for Eline. It seems almost painful, rom my point of view, when he re-meets with her, because they had a shared understanding with one another that will never be the same, a friendship that will never be the same... a love that may very well never exist again.

The closest things I think that I can remember this coming too are some of the deaths in Ryuki, The one death I dare not talk about due to being a freaking big plot point in Kiva, and the Yesterday Dopant arc, and even then the closest I've found is that last one.

I highly reccomend this arc. I loved it, and I suspect I might love it more once Megamax is subbed
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Pretty meh episode. The final showdown was cool though.

The problem with 4z is that they have a pretty good main cast, but they keep doing arcs with random people instead of using the rider club guys. I really didn't like JK, but his story was one of the best arcs. And what about all that stuff between Meteor and Nozama? Also, the love triangle between Miu, Gen and Shun? They aren't even using the members to do comedy as much as they did...
Skeith
7X
Quote: I'm.....right here.

Post by Skeith »

I feel bad for the person when Aquarius went on the rampage on the street.

Boy: "Let see what my Horoscope is for today." *Check Aquarius Horoscope* "You will be hurt my your sign? What does tha.." *Falcon Punch!*

Spoiler
No! Not his hair!!!! Quick! Make a suggestion and put it in the Medaka box!!!

SKEITH THEORY TIME!!!!

Spoiler
Interesting that the last two are twin Horoscope. (two fish and two people) So my theory is that the last two are going to be Twins and they can switch between them. (Picis Picis/Picis Gemini/Gemini Picis/Gemini Gemini combos)
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

m4rc0 wrote:Pretty meh episode. The final showdown was cool though.

The problem with 4z is that they have a pretty good main cast, but they keep doing arcs with random people instead of using the rider club guys. I really didn't like JK, but his story was one of the best arcs. And what about all that stuff between Meteor and Nozama? Also, the love triangle between Miu, Gen and Shun? They aren't even using the members to do comedy as much as they did...
What love triangle?
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Shun likes Miu. Miu seems to have feelings for Gen. We don't know what Gen thinks because the series doesn't give this stuff time. Might be a strech to call a love triangle, but I didn't think I needed to elaborate.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I said it before and I'll say it again. The writers waste potential stories. Eline is one of the few useful Horoscopes. All this time the majority of them are never used. Or just defeated a few episodes later. There's really no danger with them. But if they simply made Eline's story be a continuing thread. She could of joined the KRC, with her powers. It would of been a good foil. Fighting for friendship, and suffering betrayal. But nope. All we get is villains being thrown down the drain (literately). Or happily getting their minds erased. Instead of, you know, killing them for failing. I was really hoping we were going to get a curve ball, when they located the next commander, in the group. I was seriously thinking Kengo. I hope to god Gen has a brain fart later. And figures out who the leader is. Thanks to Leo's royal screw up.
Skeith
7X
Quote: I'm.....right here.

Post by Skeith »

m4rc0 wrote:Shun likes Miu. Miu seems to have feelings for Gen. We don't know what Gen thinks because the series doesn't give this stuff time. Might be a strech to call a love triangle, but I didn't think I needed to elaborate.

Nah. The Queen dance is with the person that changed you the most in High School. That was Gen for not only her, but everyone in the Rider Club.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Is it me or eline seems a little...dumber at the end of the episode?

If Eline was killed(or put in coma), that would have been a PERFECT ending for this arc. i understand they probably want to keep things light-hearted, but i really think having her alive and fine wasn't a good choice. that said, the final fight was REALLY well done(and i think a pain in the ass to do for the actors), and full of drama and spirit.
Also, RETURN OF THE CHORUS!(it's a little hard to listen, tough)
HyperDrake wrote:Flare Phoenix wrote:
Finally, I'm sick of all the non-deaths in Fourze. Shadow Realms and Memory Erasing. I want them to actually kill someone off for a change. It really ruined the mood for me how everything was just happy and cheerful at the end of the episode.

>>> That's what's been bothering me about this show. It's pretty clear to me that Toei took a lil' concept of Dopants for Zodiarts where the monsters are simply the transformation of mere humans using tools (GaiaMemory and Zodiarts Switch). Before Dopants and Zodiarts, we've got original monsters (not previously human being such as Undeads, Grongi, etc.) and permanently human-operated-into-monsters (such as the monsters in Showa era riders) as Rider's opponent. But, at least in W, most of the Dopants still got killed. This show really has been toned down in term of death.
Also, most of the monsters of the week and victims in W had a Bittersweet ending to some extend. and when they did this with yesterday, it was done a lot better.
Leonite Rider wrote:I actually felt that these episodes, while they developed Yuuki's character... it was more about Gentarou and Eline than it was Yuuki. Gentarou seemed to get deeper bonds with Eline than Yuuki (Who's a child hood friend) or the other Kamen Rider club girls (they weren't immediately friends). With Eline, evenwhen he found out she was a zodiart, they stayed friends, and really, to me, it seemed like something more was developing, it felt like the two were genuinely in love, Gentarou's determination mixing with hers, and their love of space binding them together. Gentarou didn't look at her in a bad light the once, even when he found out she was quite literally a monster... and yet even when he faces her in battle, having to fight with all those bonds in tow, knowing that this will be the last time he will see her like this, he still pulls through, and does what he needs to, both for the club... and for Eline. It seems almost painful, rom my point of view, when he re-meets with her, because they had a shared understanding with one another that will never be the same, a friendship that will never be the same... a love that may very well never exist again.
agreed, i like Genta X Nozama, but i wouldn't mind if they ended together. I doubt it's gonna happen. But i want to believe she is gonna pull a "Back for the finale" and fight alongside Genta.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Oh no, guys, this show isn't slaughtering teenagers left and right. My blood-thirst! :qq:

Eline did a good job because Gamou has yet another Switch and a lead on the next Horoscope. That's all. She's more useful than Cancer or Scorpio were, obviously, hence why she and Capricorn get to live on with just a memory wipe.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I also kind of feel like old man Gamou has a soft spot for his students. Remember that it wasn't his orders that had Cancer eliminated, that was all Libra's doing. I kind of don't remember how Libra explained that to Gamou. Maybe he didn't?

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”