Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Fourze 40 released

Post by takenoko »

Heh, got to love Shun's golfing outfit.

The episode was full of false victories. Meteor wins, but is betrayed by Sugiura's false justice. Tomoko figures out who one of the Horoscopes commanders is, but she's sent to the Dark Nebula. Sugiura is beaten, but then Virgo shows up and beats the two Riders by herself.

Looks like things are heating up.

Also, episode 40. 40 is kind of a big deal.

The real reason Emoto acted the way he did:
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: KR Fourze 40 anniversary released

Post by ReversedSentai »

So Virgo is a dude.....

We were trolled hard.
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Virgo... a guy?! It was like how we thought Scorpio was a guy too initially. Weird.

Also, TOMOKO!! =(
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I wonder if the Cosmic Switch can still function now that Tomoko is missing.

The plot point with Taurus refusing to honor the deal ended up going nowhere. Maybe this detail was cut out due to time constraints.

The Scorpio design was androgynous so it wasn't too surprising to have that Horoscopes a woman. Virgo is a different matter entirely. That Horoscopes has clearly defined boobs and high heel shoes.
Last edited by Arigomi on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't know if I agree with that. It basically shows that his justice as BULLSHIT. Leading to the explanation later that he's doing all this for SAYAKAAAAAAA.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I agree that it works on a thematic level but it feels disjointed for me in the plot. The writing seemed to be hinting that this information would be key to Gentarou getting Sayaka's aid. This lack of connection to Gentarou's solution was at little disappointing because it meant that brainwashing Meteor was inconsequential.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Not necessary, it was more like the Switch was corrupting him even further. Initially he wouldn't use the slave ability as much but at some point, he only saw presenting Sayaka's ideal for the school being more important than allowing the students to keep their individually while under the strict rules. It's ironic that I ended watching OOO 21-22 since that dealt with justice for the wiki today. Justice really does make people into monsters when left unchecked.

As for Virgo, I'm sadden that she is a man. I guess either Tanaka Rie or the show's producers didn't want her to appear onscreen. But on the other hand, it's shaping up for a nice finale though.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Fourze 40 released

Post by OOOKaiser »

I feel bad for all the people who jerked off to Virgo then saw Virgo's true identity. Although I'm not a bit surprised since Scorpion had a guy voice and it was a really a girl. Two more horoscopes to go.

preview:
Spoiler
Looks like the plot is moving fast. I expect Virgo to get her ass kicked in episode 42. And Rocket States next episode? I guess the movies aren't canon to the show at all :\
Shadowbane2012
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?

Post by Shadowbane2012 »

It's kinda disappointing now that Virgo's true identity has been revealed, however I'm thinking Gamou's red eye thing is a possession by something else (possibly from the dark nebula I dunno) so that might explain why Virgo is who she is? or am I thinking too much on the matter?

I did see a synopsis for the next few episodes but I really didn't expect what happened to Tomoko =(
Yunnlong
Adventure
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Sleep is God, now go worship.

Post by Yunnlong »

Never in all my life did I think I would say this sentence: that guy has a huge rack.

It was nice to see a Horoscope defy their masters for once... well, defy and have Gamou or any other commander be not okay with it.

Preview:

Spoiler
Rocket States. Rocket. States. *sigh. Great, I just completed the Switch collection, now I have to get that one too.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Apparently cross-dressing is in for the Fourze universe? :o

*shudder*
Ximara
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Marvel
Quote: "Where'd you get the name Ximara?"
"It's my nobody name."

Post by Ximara »

As soon as I saw Tomoko poke her head in Emoto's office and witness Virgo transform into him...I threw my hands up in the air and yelled, "Winning! Winning so hard!". Thank you Charlie Sheen, for giving me something to shout when I discover my theory about a costumed villian being a cross dresser are proven right.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

okay, i'm still watching the episode, but i had to stop when Gentarou said he couldn't fight someone who was "fighting for justice" to write this before watching the rest of the episode, because...sorry, but i just can't buy the argument. maybe it has to do with international differences, but the conflict basically is "independence means letting people do what they want no matter what" when that's not how it works, or at least how i learned them in classes. your rights or "independence" ends where the other's begins. so, even if they can do some of the things they did, most of them weren't allowed by the fact that it had a negative effect in a third party. what they did is called abuse of their rights, which is the things that should be corrected, not the rules themselves. i'm saying this just because the school DOES have rules, and i'm pretty sure barbecue and fireworks ARE against them. not to mention the delinquents physically attacked someone and that should be enough to take some legal action. this whole issue comes from the fact that the delinquents are allowed to do what they did, which i doubt.
sorry, but it just something i can't get over it. now i'll watch the rest of the episode. and sorry if my english wasn't very good.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I always knew Virgo was a guy. After they revealed Scorpio being female I just knew they'd pull the same trick. And I was right.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Dengar wrote:I always knew Virgo was a guy. After they revealed Scorpio being female I just knew they'd pull the same trick. And I was right.
Yeah but Scorpio's not one of the Zodiac signs with a defined gender. And they have played some of the specifically gendered signs right. Aries, Taurus at least are specifically male (the Ram and the Bull, not the sheep and the cow). Capricorn is occasionally identified as female (the she-goat that suckled the infant Zeus after he was rescued from his father Chronos) but that's not the only mythological interpretation and some of the alternate versions associate it with the male Pan so you could go either way.

And I'm disappointed in the revelation of Virgo's identity for one specific reason. Given that she's been voicing the transformed form up until this point, I was hoping that when Virgo's human form showed up they would be played Tanaka Rie (kind of how Park/Paku Romi make a cameo as Dayuu's human self in Shinkenger).

And poor Tomoko.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”