It's the year of the Playstation
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< OOO | Fourze | Wizard >
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

KR Fourze 45 Released

Post by ReversedSentai »

So we see Ran back in action. Kinda happy that the writers didn't just forget about her character like they did with a lot of others in this series.

Libra betraying Gamou was quite expected. He's been questioning Gamou for a while now so it's kinda obvious that he'd switch sides.

Anyone else felt a bit disturbed when Leo switched into Aquarius?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Fourze 45 Released

Post by takenoko »

I'm making a soup for you. The secret ingredient is betrayal!

They're really hammering the philosophical divide between Gamou's "I'm a loner, so I'm a villain" and the good guy's "friendship is magic". So you can't feel comfortable unless you do things alone? You do realize that as chairman you're overseeing a whole staff of people and as head Horoscopes you're going to be surrounded by 11 other people, right? Maybe Gamou is just feeling jaded because Emoto betrayed him, but he was still relying pretty heavily on Leo and Libra for stuff.

Libra was surprisingly honorable in this episode, despite his "self-preservation is justice!" speech. At least he didn't say his body was falling apart. That said, I was hoping he was secretly working for Gamou still and was lulling the Rider Club into a false sense of security.

So did Gamou brainwash Fourze at the end? It's kind of hard to tell since he's wearing a mask.

What do you suppose Ran's inbetween form is? I see chains and stuff that aren't in the final Pisces form. The stars don't seem right, but Andromeda maybe?
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

Hmm for that inbetween form, I was thinking it might've been her super nova form.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I will say I was amused when Hayami was describing Gamou's plan and he goes "It will destroy all of Japan!"

Usually these shows try to go something along the lines of "The world {that happens to look like Japan} is being attacked!" so, it's nice to see someone being honest about it. :lol:
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I get the feeling the tension at the end of the episode is Gentarou just barely holding himself back from slugging Gamou. Insulting friendship once was bad enough, but twice in one day? Well, the opening is probably a different day than the rest of the episode, but close enough. The point is that even an easygoing guy like Gentarou has his limits, and badmouthing friendship is his trigger.

Fourze has been pretty good at remembering the supporting characters. Ran being a Horoscope doesn’t have quite the same impact on the Club as it did when it was Yuuki, but it’s close and definitely better than introducing a new character. I’m not so sure Ran learned the lesson from Haru’s arc. Didn’t he also initially take a switch to protect someone, namely Ran?

Speaking of people learning from their experiences, all the talk about the beginning of the episode about how much Kengo has changed was fun. I guess it could just be because the season is coming to a close, but to spend so much time on it in one of the final episodes has me suspicious that it’s foreshadowing for something important. (Especially when they evidently cut an entire scene explaining Hayami’s backstory.) Plus, Rider usually likes to keep at least one twist up its sleeve for the finale, and just about everything else was revealed this episode.

Not too fond of the Pisces design, but its land shark attack was pretty cool. Nice use of multiple Horoscope switches this episode by Leo. The use of Aquarius’ whip was especially clever, as were the Club’s attempts to “kill” it before they realized what it was.

Hayami was lots of fun this episode. Yuuki inadvertently helping him abduct Ran (even if he did have borderline-good intentions) did have me shaking my head. I was amused at the plain white sedan he was driving when he picked up Ran. Quite a change from the convertible he was driving in his debut episode. Guess he was trying to stay under Leo’s radar. He’s been kicked around and belittled for so long that his flying tackle on Leo near the end (even though he was quickly overwhelmed after that) was a pretty cool moment for the character.

Meteor...how could you just drop the Libra Switch?

I think that was the shortest playing of Cosmic Mind so far. Kind of pointless too. You could barely hear it over all the sound effects.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

> I’m not so sure Ran learned the lesson from Haru’s arc. Didn’t he also initially take a switch to protect someone, namely Ran?

Yeah, the shoe being on the other foot was pretty good. But in a way, the hypocrisy fits Ran's character. She never wanted to be the proctectee, she always wanted to be the protector. So she hasn't learned her lesson in many ways XD

>Especially when they evidently cut an entire scene explaining Hayami’s backstory.

What's this now?
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

Unno why but within the past episode or two, Tomoko has been looking a lot cuter. Maybe just me.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I don't think Gamou is brainwashing Gentarou. I think he's just showing off his red eyes. I kinda figure Emoto would leave something behind to explain anything that he couldn't before he was killed.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Now, I'm not a physicist, but given the angle, trajectory and speed of the jump seen here...

Hayami totally faceplanted into the ground.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I completely forgot to mention the leap that Hayami made. It totally wouldn't make it in real life.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

The laws of physics does not apply in the world of Tokusatsu.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Sure it doesn't apply when you're powered or super awesome but no powers or lame, you're bound by physics.
samelf
7X

Post by samelf »

Leo has to be one of the most uninspired characters ever or is he dun dun! Any way he just seems to be there the be the hired strong man and nothing else.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

There's nothing wrong with being a hired gun. Not everyone needs to be interesting. Leo is there for one thing: to kick as much ass as possible.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

A very good episode, and a good welcome back for Ran. I kinda missed her.

As for Hayami's jump, I say he had a rocket up his ass that allowed him to be pushed forward to land on Leo.
Unno why but within the past episode or two, Tomoko has been looking a lot cuter. Maybe just me.
Nope, it's not just you, she's gotten much more cuter these past episodes. Might of been just me, but it seems like she's wearing a little less make up, which shows off her cuteness.

Overall, a good episode leading up to the finale.

Next Episode:
Spoiler
SHIT'S GETTING REAL!

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”