It's the year of the Playstation
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< OOO | Fourze | Wizard >
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

KR Fourze 46 Released

Post by ReversedSentai »

Well...a betrayal. I didn't really see that coming, especially since Hayami was doubting Gamou for a while.

The battle where Fourze and Meteor each used a N-S Magnet was pretty cool.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Fourze 46 Released

Post by takenoko »

I kind of figured that Hayami was going to do that. But I was expecting it in the last episode after Ran transformed.

I liked that Kengo was expecting space food from Yuuki, only for it to turn out normal. Then Yuuki admits she was going to make space food, but didn't have enough ingredients.

What, another beach fight?

Sagittarius is way too powerful. It doesn't seem like there's any way to defeat him.

Poor Hayami.
Edit: Now I want to know more than ever how Gamou won Hayami over. Just what did Gamou understand? Was Hayami secretly a homosexual? Was his body falling apart? I really wish Libra had been given some backstory over these past two episodes.

Oh Kengo, just what are you?

The preview reminds me of something I was hoping for at the start of the series.

Edit: WTF, I just translated the lines for the preview. Come on Toei, can't you keep any surprises hidden?
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

07:23~ Did JK slip-up a bit? Stumble*

First time no "Space kitaa~" after henshin? (Or did I miss another episode, as I got too used to hearing it.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

I swear, when Kengo said, "お前の攻撃力はゼロになる"(Your attack/offense drops to zero) in Japanese, it immediately reminded me of Yu-Gi-Oh! since that's EXACTLY word-for-word in Japanese on how you'd say it in the YGO anime terminology.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Good mix of expected and unexpected things happening this episode. I’ll probably touch on this again once the finale airs, but I’ve been rewatching the series since the break for the Olympics and it’s amazing how many lines can be read as laying the groundwork for the various plot revelations in episodes 40+ in hindsight.

I’m not terribly shocked that Hayami/Libra pulled a double-cross - the way it was written, it could have been played as a genuine defection or the double-cross it turned out to be. His motive did surprise me. I never would have guessed that he would take a lethal attack for anyone. For as long as the character was in the series, we never really learned what drove him to accept the switch in the first place. Maybe we’ll get a director’s cut of the final arc(s) (a la Den-O and OOO) which can help clarify things.

I just wrote in response to last week’s episode how insulting friendship was Gentarou’s trigger, so I find it ironic that it was Gamou belittling friendship (in the form of Libra’s sacrifice) that set off Kengo to unleash the Core Switch energy against Sagittarius before Fourze could attack again. Judging by the dream/vision/hallucination at the beginning of the episode, I wonder if the fact that all of the Astro and Horoscopes Switches were gathered in the same place for the first time might have had something to do with the timing.

Sagittarius sure felt untouchable this episode. Maybe that’s why I found it so funny how he just dropped out of the sky after his ceremony got interrupted. He’s pretty lucky that it happened like that. If he really couldn’t attack while he was floating, we might not have needed another two episodes to the series if he had stayed up there much longer.

Other random thoughts:
-The turquoise of Cosmic States looked really good in the night scenes.
-I wonder if that beach is going to be an annual tradition now for Rider’s penultimate arc. If so, they might want to improve on the low angle shots so the camera lenses don’t get water drops on them. That bothered me last year, and it bothered me again here.
-“Being able to befriend everyone only exists in children’s stories.” - Oh, the irony.
-And while we’re on the topic of children’s stories, that was a pretty classic mistake Gamou made by dismissing the possibility of the Core Switch interfering with his plans and not bothering to take counter-measures against it while no one on the heroes side had a clue that it even existed.
-All that speculation about not having to willingly press a Switch to turn into a Zodiarts was doubly confirmed in the Cygnus and Gemini arcs, only to be contradicted in the final arc with Pisces. I wonder why Pisces was different in that it had to be voluntarily pressed - as well as what the difference was between Ran pressing it to save Hayami and Ran pressing it to save Haru that turned it red the second time. Somehow, I don’t think that’ll get clearly explained other than “it was special”.
-It was off-screen, but I'm glad Fourze attempted to destroy a Horoscopes Switch. That's the obviously simple way to stop the villains from gathering them all.
-Those scenes in Kengo’s apartment were hilariously domestic.
-Particularly in the scenes on the beach, Ryuusei looked a lot older than in previous episodes. I wonder if that’s the effect of the casual clothes.
-Another fashion note: Tomoko’s straight hair bothered me last episode, but I thought she looked good here.
-JK had a couple of cool moments this episode. More than anyone else, I think his character has matured the most. (And yeah, his actor definitely slipped as he was heading over to sit down. They probably didn’t want to reshoot the scene since he didn’t fall or anything.)
-Oosugi-sensei...those reactions were adorable. I don’t think she’d have anything nice to say to him, but for his sake I’d like to see him get some closure with Sonoda-sensei in the finale.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I'm starting to wonder why Gamou isn't more concerned about Presenter. If Presenter is a good entity, it will reject Gamou for doing something so evil and selfish. If Presenter is an evil entity, it is trying to trick Gamou into creating a warp gate so that it can invade Earth.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

In the end, he just wanted to prove himself useful. Kinda sad really.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I don't think the Presenter has a concept of good or evil. If it's just knowledge, then it's neither good or evil.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I wouldn't feel sorry for Hayami. I mean, he probably just fell off a cliff or something. He'll be back a few episodes later.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Isn't explosions the sign where people usually die? Falling off cliffs doesn't they're dead but explosions equal death.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Does someone else finds the kid from the commercial creepy?
Okay...how did hayami survive the first explosion? because i don't think leo had the time to transform into virgo and rescue him meanwhile he was doing the kidnapping, and Hayami didn't have the switch at hand at the time, So...
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Hayami had the Libra Switch when he took Gentarou and Ryuusei to the room. The handoff occurred when Leo was beating the crap out of Hayami shortly after Ran began to fight as Pisces for the first time.

As for the kid, if you watched the previous 4-5 CMs of the kid, you shouldn't be creeped out anymore.
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

Damn, the series is finally coming together. I had my doubt about Fourze in the beginning, thinking that it's becoming some American high school drama, but ever since Emoto's revelation, I have new lights on the show.

3rd to last episode, you'd think they'll have promos for Wizard by now.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Phoenix512 wrote: As for the kid, if you watched the previous 4-5 CMs of the kid, you shouldn't be creeped out anymore.
Yeah, i watched them, but here i found him even more.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Y'know Leo, maybe it's a good idea not to fight the water power zodiart NEXT TO THE BEACH

Just sayin

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”