Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Dude. Megumi. So hot
Favorite Band: Daft Punk right now
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Tube

Re: KR Fourze 48 released

Post by DwightSteel »

locuas wrote: CGI...when done right, it can do great things, even in a show with limited budget.
I agree, but only insofar as that CGI should only ever be a (forgive the food metaphor) spice and not the main course of the meal. I think Special Effects can be a highly effective means of adding to a story, but they should never be the substance of any piece.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote:I guess it's because Gamou is more misguided than malicious. He wanted something and took the most sociopathic means of accomplishing it. To him, his enemies are just people who get in the way of his plans and destroying all of Japan is an acceptable side effect of his long term goal.
That's true, I could understand that being it then.
Gottis wrote:(I just wish I could have felt more for Mio
She was mostly an indecisive twit so, don't feel bad.
DwightSteel wrote:(I have an unfounded theory that they took all the romance that never happened in previous KR series and just dumped it into Kiva, and then everyone ended up falling in love with each other...and it was awesome).
Uh, no, it wasn't awesome..
DwightSteel
Gao

Post by DwightSteel »

Yeah, it was melodramatic and far from sophisticated, but, at least, on a subjective level, it was engrossing and affecting, and thus I thought it was awesome.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

DwightSteel wrote:
locuas wrote: CGI...when done right, it can do great things, even in a show with limited budget.
I agree, but only insofar as that CGI should only ever be a (forgive the food metaphor) spice and not the main course of the meal. I think Special Effects can be a highly effective means of adding to a story, but they should never be the substance of any piece.
that's true, in any work of fiction, story is first, effects second...most of the time(just go to youtube, put "thief and the cobbler recobbler" and you'll know what i mean). But a great story can be made even better with good effects
For example, "sin City" has some glorious special effects that melt perfectly with the great stories. The spirit...not so much. Transformers has great special effects. But i either hate the characters or i feel insulted at some point.
Evangelion's movies, on the other hand...i...feel confused...
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

This ending fit so well with the overall series. I was worried that Fourze would somehow mop the floor with Gamou. Instead it was a pretty believable fight (aside from the portion where he fought as Gentarou) with Fourze never giving up. The graduation kick was pretty awesome as well.

The only thing that I'm disappointed about? The lack of a "passing of the torch" type pic on the front page. :-P
DwightSteel
Gao

Post by DwightSteel »

And speaking of passing the torch, the Wizard cameo was a nice little wink to next week. Miu is awesome.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

It makes me wonder if Miu is gonna actually appear in Wizard trying to seduce him/steal his ring. because that would be awesome xD.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I feel sorry for daimonji. But then again, he's like "Here". He sucks at proposals.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

This episode felt equal parts epic... and trolling. I loved the all out all forms brawl with Gamou, Leo, and his troops. Kengo's letter was just, heart breaking, the Ryusei and Tomo ship is just adorable, and I'll never get enough for last episode suit-less beat downs. It was nice that Ryusei, after Leo said just said how much he hated his catchphrase, changed it up... And of course, there's that Miu is still, for lack of a better word, still a terrible person XP
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
DwightSteel
Gao

Post by DwightSteel »

locuas wrote:It makes me wonder if Miu is gonna actually appear in Wizard trying to seduce him/steal his ring. because that would be awesome xD.
Fake prediction for Wizard: After Miu relentlessly pursues the ring, Daimonji mistakenly believes that she is in love with Haruto Souma, the new protagonist, and goes into a downward spiral leading to him becoming a Dark Wizard Rider.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

I don't think they even explained the Red eyes Gamou and Emoto had, but i guess at this point it's pretty much to show that they were the bad guys. Just like how in the Showa toku shows they had the bad guys wear black eyeliner to signify that.

Other than that i'm very satisfied with Fourze overall. Great cast, pretty decent plot all round, and i love that Foundation X was brought back in to tie the shows together so far. And the Horoscopes designs definitely are some of the best Kaijin's we've seen thus far imo.

Only thing that we sadly never got to see was Shun use the Dizer one last time. Oh well i guess he has other chances in the near future.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:I don't think they even explained the Red eyes Gamou and Emoto had
I think they just sucked in a LOT of "Dark Powah" from their switches. They were pretty top tier. Leo should probably have had an eye glow at some point too.

It was great seeing the teachers.

I'm a little weirded out that all the post-Decade riders are in the same universe. They must have just looked at all the AU of Decade, thought about Kuuga and Agito and said, "Screw it, shared universe and Organization X can just keep stirring up trouble every movie..."
Infinius
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Dreamy: Akiba Yellow
Favorite Actor?: Mark Musashi
Favorite Band: Flyleaf
Quote: I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Post by Infinius »

That was a fun (and emotional) finale. I wish I could have seen the movie before it, because Fourze really feels over now. Thanks TV-N for all the hard work.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Fourze's main character is whoever's life is being changed by Gentarou during that episode.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So in the end no one gets to meet the presenter? That's a letdown.

And Gamou you nimrod, why would you give Gentarou back the Fourze Driver?

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”