Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Best from Fourze?

Post by Lunchboxx »

Now that Fourze is over, what would you say is the best thing about the season in your opinion? it can be anything really, from actors, characters, driver belt, suit, story, girls, etc etc.

Mine is definatily Tomoko Nozama. I've never been a fan of goth girls, but when you have a cute asian(my favorite ethnicity) girl being goth, it changes my whole perspective.

Runner up favorite thing is the concept of enemies being Zodiac signs.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Best from Fourze?

Post by ReversedSentai »

I felt that the last episode with Kengo and his farewell letter to the Kamen Rider Club was definitely one of my favorite parts. It was very emotional and definitely made me tear a little.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

My husband and I always joke that the best part of Fourze as the theme song. For us, it's definitely up there, though I know Switch On! wasn't as popular with everyone.

Other than that, definitely JK, with a runner up in Cancer Zodiarts. I loved him so much, my least favorite part of the ending was that plot hole :(
Spoiler
Poor Crab Cakes, stuck in space sleep forever.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Post by Lunchboxx »

hopefully that will be resolved in the Fourze x Wizard movie.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Spoiler
Poor Crabby nothing what about Scorpio? Bad enough that she's also stuck in the satellite but her form has smaller breasts then Gemini or even a guy with a female Zodiart form.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

definitely the best part of ALL fourze was...
Spoiler
OOO's part in megamax...kidding, kidding xD.

But seriously. I think the thing i liked the most was Nozama. I don't know why, i just like near every scene she is in. I mean, i think she is the only thing i don't have any problem with in the entire series, not even nitpickies ones. Hell, my problem with the Ryuusei x Nozama is more because of Ryuusei than it is Nozama.
i joke when i said that maybe Miu was gonna appear in Wizard, trying to get his ring, but i wouldn't complain if Nozama appeared in that series too, as Wizard's apprentice or something.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander

Post by Lunchboxx »

locuas wrote:definitely the best part of ALL fourze was...
Spoiler
OOO's part in megamax...kidding, kidding xD.

But seriously. I think the thing i liked the most was Nozama. I don't know why, i just like near every scene she is in. I mean, i think she is the only thing i don't have any problem with in the entire series, not even nitpickies ones. Hell, my problem with the Ryuusei x Nozama is more because of Ryuusei than it is Nozama.
i joke when i said that maybe Miu was gonna appear in Wizard, trying to get his ring, but i wouldn't complain if Nozama appeared in that series too, as Wizard's apprentice or something.
That would of been cool, and put a stop to all those who think all seasons are in their own universe theory.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Best things?

Cosmic States' debut and Ryuusei killing Leo.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Lunchboxx wrote:Mine is definatily Tomoko Nozama. I've never been a fan of goth girls, but when you have a cute asian(my favorite ethnicity) girl being goth, it changes my whole perspective.

Runner up favorite thing is the concept of enemies being Zodiac signs.
Tomoko and Horoscopes/Commander Zodiarts, eh. Same here. Those were the main motivations of mine to successfully endure Fourze TV series. I like some of the fightings too, though.
Lunchboxx wrote:That would of been cool, and put a stop to all those who think all seasons are in their own universe theory.
Why do you need to go to such lengths in order to confirm all seasons are in the same universe theory? New monsters appear in the form of Phantoms. Is that not good enough reason for Fourze to help Wizard in Wizard TV series?? Why wait for another movie to help Wizard?? W is too busy investigating that white-shirt organization and OOO is too busy looking for a way to revive Ankh. Now that the Zodiarts are no longer exist, so what Fourze is currently busy at?? School extracurricular activities?? Study?? Or is it because they don't want to invade Wizard's turf?? :lol: .
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander

Post by Lunchboxx »

From what I understand, Each kamen rider is based in a different part of japan. If there is another Kamen Rider in that area, the others would leave it to them to deal with the threats. It's not a turf thing at all, it's meerly a hero passing the torch basically.

Besides, you can't be a hero forever. You might be able to pick up the cape(in this case, the belt) again when it REALLY calls for it, but sometimes you just gotta let others shine.

At least that's how I feel about the whole thing.

Same thing with power rangers basically, each team was in a different city. You cant expect them to move to a different city and be away from your friends, family and life when you know that there is another team IN that city fighting the good fight.
HyperDrake
Gabu

Post by HyperDrake »

Lunchboxx wrote:Besides, you can't be a hero forever. You might be able to pick up the cape(in this case, the belt) again when it REALLY calls for it, but sometimes you just gotta let others shine.
Cape? Batman? Why the hell are you using Batman's theory in Rider TV series universe?? The retirement theory works in Batman universe because his adventure fighting criminals spans years or even decades. Batman's very tired. I can understand that he wants to retire and gets replaced by other heroes (Robin, Nightwing, new Batman, etc.). I can understand why the so-called Legendary Seven (Ichigo, Nigo, V3, Riderman, Amazon, Stronger, X), only returns in some movies. They're old geezers now, why would they come back again in TV series, right. But, where are the other young ones like Kiva, Agito, etc.?

Most riders only fights for a year more or less in their respective TV series.
Facts:
1. In certain Kuuga episode, people can see the year was 2000; and in certain Agito eps. it was shown that the series took place in 2001.
2. In certain W eps. in W TV series, it was shown that the year was 2010; and in certain eps. in OOO TV series, it was 2010 too.
3. In Fourze, the series starts with Gen in 2nd year in High School and it ends with Gen still in 3rd year. Just another fact that the heroes only fight for a single year more or less.
The point is, why do they wanna retire already after just a single year (more or less) and only come back in movies?? The heroes are still young so it's really up to you if you wanna continue ridiculing yourself by comparing them with old Bruce Wayne who fought for years or even decades.

Anyway, how do you determine when the situation REALLY calls for it?? Can you be more specific?? There are much much point of events in certain eps. in some previous riders' TV series when the situation REALLY calls for it but not even a single rider from different TV series gave a hand to any particular currently-airing-on-tv riders.
Lunchboxx wrote:Same thing with power rangers basically, each team was in a different city. You cant expect them to move to a different city and be away from your friends, family and life when you know that there is another team IN that city fighting the good fight.
Are you serious? So, what about Hibiki?? That guy and his friends defeating Makamou in one city to another (multiple cities) so long as there's Makamou appearance in any given cities. Takeshi Organization deploy Onis to most cities in Japan, you know. How come the Onis don't see Greeed, Dopants or other monsters from other TV series as a threat??
Kuuga has more than one city too (Nagoya and Tokyo). The fact is: most Kamen Rider TV series took place in Tokyo. Only W has declared their own exclusive (fictional) city, that is Futo.

Anyway, your one-city-exclusive-for-every-single-rider-franchise-in-one-single-universe theory only serves as an insult to the legendary name of Kamen Rider. The Kamen Rider that I and every other fans know dearly of, are the ones that will go to any city/town in Japan to defeat any monsters and protect (Japanese) humanity. Turf theory :lol:

All right. I am a man who is open to any possibility. I agree that the all-rider-in-a-single-universe theory is valid IF we use kamen rider Decade's other riders Alternate Universe as the sole reference. For example, OOO/W/Fourze may exist together with (Decade's) Alternate Universe Kuuga (Yuusuke Onodera) and not the Original Universe Kuuga (Yuusuke Godai). Okay. Good deal to everyone. Peace.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

HyperDrake wrote:Most riders only fights for a year more or less in their respective TV series. [..] The heroes are still young so it's really up to you if you wanna continue ridiculing yourself by comparing them with old Bruce Wayne who fought for years or even decades.
I do wanna add that the Showa riders couldn't retire since well, being turned into a Kaizo-ningen doesn't just pop off whenever you want.
Anyway, your one-city-exclusive-for-every-single-rider-franchise-in-one-single-universe theory only serves as an insult to the legendary name of Kamen Rider.
How the heck are theories insulting the franchise? I can understand if people simply don't like it when others try to unite everything but, bluh, I could make jokes relating to the First/Next movies that would be more relating than those are.
HyperDrake wrote:There are much much point of events in certain eps. in some previous riders' TV series when the situation REALLY calls for it but not even a single rider from different TV series gave a hand to any particular currently-airing-on-tv riders.
That would imply effort from Toei.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

HyperDrake wrote:
Are you serious? So, what about Hibiki?? That guy and his friends defeating Makamou in one city to another (multiple cities) so long as there's Makamou appearance in any given cities. Takeshi Organization deploy Onis to most cities in Japan, you know. How come the Onis don't see Greeed, Dopants or other monsters from other TV series as a threat??
Kuuga has more than one city too (Nagoya and Tokyo).
Hibiki is like the garo of kamen rider, i think they can't deal with things besides their own MOTW.
HyperDrake wrote: The fact is: most Kamen Rider TV series took place in Tokyo. Only W has declared their own exclusive (fictional) city, that is Futo.
did ANY of the post-decade said that they were in tokyo? if not, it isn't Tokyo.
HyperDrake wrote:Anyway, your one-city-exclusive-for-every-single-rider-franchise-in-one-single-universe theory only serves as an insult to the legendary name of Kamen Rider.
yeah, we don't want them to be inferior to say, superman, who DOESN'T focus in only ONE city unless there is some big threat that makes him do a crossover...
Spoiler
that was sarcasm

besides, the showa era DID this.
HyperDrake
Gabu

Post by HyperDrake »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:I do wanna add that the Showa riders couldn't retire since well, being turned into a Kaizo-ningen doesn't just pop off whenever you want.
Damn, I completely forgot about that one. You're correct. You sound like a true rider fan.
Go-On Macaroni wrote:That would imply effort from Toei.
Well, let's just use comic book theory.
locuas wrote:Hibiki is like the garo of kamen rider, i think they can't deal with things besides their own MOTW.
That's your personal speculative theory. I respect it.
locuas wrote:did ANY of the post-decade said that they were in tokyo? if not, it isn't Tokyo.
Well, here's my personal way of thinking: If any given rider series did not specifically give us the name of the city, then I will stand on the filming location/location shooting.

- If W tv series' filming location was in Tokyo, but they gave us 'Futo' as the name of the city, then the city is Futo.
- If Fourze tv series' filming location was in Tokyo, but they didn't specifically give us the name of the city, then the city is Tokyo (at least to me).
- If Wizard tv series' filming location is in Kyoto, but they give us 'Tokyo' as the name of the city, then the city is Tokyo.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander

Post by Lunchboxx »

I'll give my thoughts about your post later drake, I'm on a Wii and typing on it can be a real pain.

EDIT: Ok I'm at a computer.
Cape? Batman? Why the hell are you using Batman's theory in Rider TV series universe?? The retirement theory works in Batman universe because his adventure fighting criminals spans years or even decades. Batman's very tired. I can understand that he wants to retire and gets replaced by other heroes (Robin, Nightwing, new Batman, etc.). I can understand why the so-called Legendary Seven (Ichigo, Nigo, V3, Riderman, Amazon, Stronger, X), only returns in some movies. They're old geezers now, why would they come back again in TV series, right. But, where are the other young ones like Kiva, Agito, etc.?
Ok first off, I NEVER made a reference to Batman, I'm talking about superheroes in general. What I said MAY have been thought tobe a reference to the latest Batman movie, but I have not seen it yet, so it was unintentional.
Second, this is Toei, their brand and views on superheroes are not the same as comic book heroes. If any given day, young riders definatily WOULD be appearing in other seasons, but for to sell new toys and get a new story going, they gotta get a new rider. So in MY mind and MY opinion, old/pass riders would give the new one a fighting chance to take the fight to the enemy. They all have their own lives to live.
Most riders only fights for a year more or less in their respective TV series.
Facts:
1. In certain Kuuga episode, people can see the year was 2000; and in certain Agito eps. it was shown that the series took place in 2001.
2. In certain W eps. in W TV series, it was shown that the year was 2010; and in certain eps. in OOO TV series, it was 2010 too.
3. In Fourze, the series starts with Gen in 2nd year in High School and it ends with Gen still in 3rd year. Just another fact that the heroes only fight for a single year more or less.
The point is, why do they wanna retire already after just a single year (more or less) and only come back in movies?? The heroes are still young so it's really up to you if you wanna continue ridiculing yourself by comparing them with old Bruce Wayne who fought for years or even decades.
This gives me reason to believe that each Rider is based in a different city. Cameo appearances in movies not particularly included, they are just there to promote the new season.
Kuuga has more than one city too (Nagoya and Tokyo). The fact is: most Kamen Rider TV series took place in Tokyo. Only W has declared their own exclusive (fictional) city, that is Futo.

Anyway, your one-city-exclusive-for-every-single-rider-franchise-in-one-single-universe theory only serves as an insult to the legendary name of Kamen Rider. The Kamen Rider that I and every other fans know dearly of, are the ones that will go to any city/town in Japan to defeat any monsters and protect (Japanese) humanity. Turf theory :lol:
As I've said before on the forums, though I doubt everybody reads EVERY forum post, Fourze was my first Kamen Rider show I watched, so my Kamen Rider knowledge is limited. I'm only going by my intuition and knowledge from watching Power Rangers growing up.
Also HOW is my theory insulting to the Kamen Rider franchise? Again keep in mind that Fourze is my first KR season.

I don't want to turn this into another one of those debate topics regarding Exclusive VS continuing Universe for KR/Sentai, so if you want to continue this, feel free to PM me, Otherwise, please stay on topic with the thread at hand.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”