Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Mega Max DC release thread

Post by takenoko »

Original release thread:
viewtopic.php?f=195&t=11107

So, can you spot the differences? 20 more minutes to the film!
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Mega Max DC release thread

Post by ReversedSentai »

I was surprised that the film started with the OOO portion instead of the Fourze one. Usually, the DC cuts have the newer Rider series before the epilogue of the older one.

Gentarou doing Stronger's pose after transforming into Fourze was a new scene.
The scene with Gentarou talking with Yuuki and Tomoko after realizing that Nadeshiko wasn't human was also an extended one.
The interaction between Gamou and Foundation X had an extended scene.

It has been a while since I saw the TC cut, so I don't think I spot too many new scenes.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

The only difference I saw was that they extended the scene where Aqua returns and gives OOO the super tatoba combo medals and that Fourze was trying to become friends with Kamen Rider Aqua. That's the only scene which was new to me.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ReversedSentai wrote:I was surprised that the film started with the OOO portion instead of the Fourze one. Usually, the DC cuts have the newer Rider series before the epilogue of the older one.
It would really screw up the chronology of the movie if they did Fourze first. MegaMax has a clearer chronology of events compared to 2010 and Core so altering the order is really a bad idea.

The movie additions consisted of extending most of the fight scenes, extension of Gotou and Kougami along with Satanoka and Hina, and a bunch of other scenes were slightly extended. Kannagi gets a bunch of new dialogue and even the silent black guy gets a speaking line. Also this image is a DC addition, look at the error code. Someone thinks nonhumans are devils.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them

Post by takenoko »

As usual the back cover has a list of changes. Here you go:

Adding your comments to the wiki:
http://www.wolfinspace.com/wiki/Kamen_R ... or.27s_Cut
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Heisei kamen rider novel sequels

Post by locuas »

Lunagel wrote: possibly one volume of OOO just so we finally can resolve that big plothole with Ankh in MegaMax
erm, just nitpicking here, but i think they explained pretty well why ankh was in megamax.

About working better as a manga, i agree in that... but i guess it would be too much trouble to have all those series in just one magazine...oddly enough, i think it could work if Marvel or dc were doing comicbooks adaptions...but whatever.

I'm the kind of guy that like to see what happens next. what happens with the characters. how they grow as people. That's why i'm kind of optimistic with this kind of things.
Last edited by locuas on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Heisei kamen rider novel sequels

Post by Phoenix512 »

Maybe sequels isn't the best way you can go with a novel series with Kamen Rider. Perhaps establishing back stories or go into detail of the past of other characters since those are usually glossed over in most Kamen Rider series.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

'He came from the future' is not a decent explanation in my book.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What do you mean? He was from the future. The explanation is fine. I don't see how a novel about how it takes 40 years for him to restore Ankh's Medal will be interesting to anyone.

I think it's fine when a story doesn't fill in every little detail. Like Blade or Kiva's ending were fine. It may not explain everything, but it gives you a little idea of how things will continue on. Oddly enough Faiz's ending is bullshit because the gaps it leaves are too big.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I'm sorry, I can't take the 'he's from the future!' bullshit after Den-O. It's such a cop-out explanation.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't really get that. It's not a copout explanation. That's just what it was. I mean, there's no ambiguity about it, otherwise you'd have more of a point. It just sounds like you wish the story was something else entirely.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

It just seemed to me like the thing you say when you have no idea how to explain something. It's just an overused cliche. I would have accepted them finding a quick solution to fixing the medal (with superglue or something) and then it breaking later, but the whole future thing just raises more questions than it answers.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Merged with the Mega Max thread since this is a full blown discussion about it.

>but the whole future thing just raises more questions than it answers.

Like what? I mean, they weren't explicit about it, but basically they implied that someday Eiji is going to fix Ankh's Medal. That Ankh is the one that comes through the time portal and helps out. It seems pretty open and shut to me.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

It works as a bit of nonlinear storytelling, and it honestly does it better than some of Den-O's details. Eiji has been going on adventures since the end of OOO. This movie happens. Sometime between the end of MEGAMAX and Poseidon's birth 40 years in the future, one of Eiji's adventures results in Ankh being brought back. That's a story we may or may not get to see. When the meteor rips apart the fabric of time Ankh goes back to help his old friend and give him hope for the future.

It's a complete saga with massive future story potential. It's a much better story than what happened in Fourze. If something like that happened with Ankh, it would have been a copout.
kiyominai
7X
Quote: おばあちゃんが言っていた「世の中で覚えておかなければならない名前はただ一つ。天の道を往き、総てを司る男……天道総司」

Post by kiyominai »

Ankh from the future ties in with one of OOO's theme, "Tomorrow." Eiji will find a way tofix Ankh's medals, and I think MEGAMAX saved us the trouble from accepting any explanation at all that we'd probably further analyze/argue whether or not it was a good explanation.

Accepting a quick fix, like with superglue, sounds more Den-O to me.

But uh, it seems like Kamen Rider OOO will be getting a novel that follows the tv series (not sure about MEGAMAX) so maybe we'll get something from it.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbv4g ... o1_500.jpg

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”