Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Re: Super Hero Taisen released

Post by Lunchboxx »

This would be to damn long for me to post my Random Episode Movie Thoughts, so I'll try to make this short.

I've never watched Decade, so the Bits revolving him and Kaito confused me, but that was ok.

I dont get the dissapointment with this movie to be honest, It was a anniversary movie to celebrate Super Hero Time (10 years I think?) So what would be the obivous match up? the anniversary teams of course!

I also dont understand the gripe of not seeing enough Fourze and Go-Busters. When this movie was released in theatures, Go-Busters and Fourze was airing at the same time correct? So why would you want to see the guys you've been seeing each sunday morning already? The anniversary teams made more sense to focus on.

But aside from me defending this movie from everybodies gripes, I'll put my thoughts in.

IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! I loved every minute of it, Joe and gang was actually a pretty good idea for the movie, and I loved the interaction between him and Kaito.

The Rider and Sentai teams that aired together at the time was also a nice touch. Seeing BioRed giving Gai encouragment was also a nice little scene. You gotta appreciate the small things from these movies.

Those Riders (Don't know who they were, not a Rider expert) Fighting with GekiRangers was pretty amusing to watch. I especually loved the scene where that one Rider was hitting on Ran, 'Cause I can relate, Ran is cute as hell. :mrgreen:

I can forgive the obvious plot holes(WHY is Long not in his ball??) because as a Anniversary movie, you REALLY gotta put no stops in this one and just go all out.

The complaint about the time travel thing completely makes sense if you know Gokaiger, it's pretty obvious on how Marvy went to the past. He had subtle help from TimeRanger. How is that hard to NOT understand? Maybe I'm just a guy who ALWAYS find explanations to things.

Overall, Loved it, leave your brain outside the door, and enjoy the fangasm that is Kamen Riders fighting along side with Super Sentai.

9/10, 4.5/5 etc etc.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

Movie didn't disappoint in the "cool" factor, so I can't say I'm not disappointed after seeing the movie. The writing was loose, but you can't expect perfect writing from Toei, which is a shame.

As stated by others, this definitely felt like Decade Vs. Gokaiger with misc. extras thrown in as a bonus.

Possible major plot hole: So, they went back in time to find AkaRanger, then went into the future to where Riders vs. Sentai started, right? So at this point all the Riders and Sentai members would still be alive, minus the ones that died during the fight between AkaRanger and Ichigou. But then you have Dai Shocker and Dai Zangyack come out and say that everyone's dead and whatnot. The only way this makes sense is to assume after they went into the past, they went into the present day and not when Rider vs. Sentai started. Of course, logic and Toei never get along, so I guess there's no point in trying to make it make sense?

I personally loved Joe when Gokaiger was airing, so having him get a lot of screen time was a huge plus for me, although I can see why it would bother some people.

Kaitou, why are you such a jerk? I can't ever tell if him and Tsukasa are friends, enemies, or trying not to admit they're into each other.

At the beginning it felt like Fourze and Go-Busters would play a major part in the movie, but they didn't so that bothered me. If it seemed like they were just gonna have bit parts, then I would've been fine with that.

Anybody else think of Gurren Lagann during the mecha fight?

Overall, not a bad movie, but not an amazing movie either. I'd prefer Gokaiger vs. Goseiger over this.
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's Red One not BioRed. The naming conventions for the earlier Sentai series aren't as obvious.

Let me explain why people are annoyed that Fourze and Go-Busters didn't get a lot of screentime. The way the previews were set up and such, it look like they would have a significant role but that wasn't the case. It would be nice to see the casts of Fourze and Go-Busters to interact with each other even the supporting casts and then they would team up with Gokaiger and Decade. It's like Climax Deka where the previews show Kiva have a significant role but in the end it was Den-O cameo Kiva and similar to Chou Den-O Decade where it was Den-O cameo Decade.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Phoenix512 wrote:It's Red One not BioRed. The naming conventions for the earlier Sentai series aren't as obvious.

Let me explain why people are annoyed that Fourze and Go-Busters didn't get a lot of screentime. The way the previews were set up and such, it look like they would have a significant role but that wasn't the case. It would be nice to see the casts of Fourze and Go-Busters to interact with each other even the supporting casts and then they would team up with Gokaiger and Decade. It's like Climax Deka where the previews show Kiva have a significant role but in the end it was Den-O cameo Kiva and similar to Chou Den-O Decade where it was Den-O cameo Decade.
not to mention how much screentime the imagins have in this one...now that you mention it, i wouldn't be surprised if the time travel thing was just an excuse to have them in the movie, considering it was kinda pointless.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Phoenix512 wrote:It's Red One not BioRed. The naming conventions for the earlier Sentai series aren't as obvious.

Sorry if I do not know EVERY proper sentai name. I've never even watched Bioman for that matter. :|

I dont wanna argue the point with Fourze and Go-Busters, I thought it was fine the way it was, It was a anniversary movie, lets just enjoy it for what it is.

Agree to Disagree.
HW-DiEnd
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Luka Milfly
Favorite Actor?: Anna Nagata
Favorite Band: Motörhead
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Yorozuya Gin-Chan
Quote: "The world is a lonely place,you're on your own..."

Post by HW-DiEnd »

Screw that,it was awesome,and that's what matters.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

It was meh. My question: why was Gai the only sixth sentai in the entire movie? Where were the other sixth sentai and additional sentai? Wouldn't they have to be destroyed for all Sentai to be destroyed and, if so, are they still stuck somewhere in the dimensional rift?
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
DarknessRanger
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by DarknessRanger »

This being the second time i've seen through it, it makes it all the more clear how shoddy the writing was. Upon Daiki's reveal i'm just like "Um, guys... just shoot the thing. You know, like you just did not 20 minutes ago? Guys? Any day now. ANY DA- oh for the love of..." And they seriously couldn't find some way for Fourze to tag-team with the Go-Busters without chucking Youko out of her cockpit? Every other collab power in this movie was magically done with no explanation, you couldn't just jam the Power Dizer onto the chest or face of Go-Buster-Oh?

This movie itself aside, i'll say this: The novelty of these gigantic franchise-wide gatherings has begun to grow stale. If the supposed statement of trying to make new SHT movies every year hold true, then unless they're really gung-ho about outdoing themselves for that Guinness Suit Actor record, they need to scale back. I did some thinking a while back, and I found a decent compromise. Take the summer movies for both franchises out and replace it with a format similar to Rider Movie Taisen. Part One for Sentai, Part Two for Rider, Part Three is Super Hero Taisen 20XX. Since it's the summer flick, all rangers for the Sentai team will be present and the Rider will have all or most of his toys to play with too. And if you really feel like putting other warriors in, get some alumni cameos of some sort. That would work and would generally be better fanservice.
Lunagel wrote:I don't really understand Daiki's motivations here. Did Tsubasa dump him or something?
The funny thing is that's what one of the directors or writers thinks of them too. No, really.
redfarmer wrote:My question: why was Gai the only sixth sentai in the entire movie? Where were the other sixth sentai and additional sentai? Wouldn't they have to be destroyed for all Sentai to be destroyed and, if so, are they still stuck somewhere in the dimensional rift?
Suit actors. That's really the only excuse. One can make the argument that they should have CG'd in more mook copies to compensate, but really, it's another situation where the writing was kind of crappy. You can even see GekiViolet and Chopper in the background of the Geki/Den-O scene, though they aren't in the lineup.
Ximara
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Marvel
Quote: "Where'd you get the name Ximara?"
"It's my nobody name."

Post by Ximara »

I liked it, I mean, it's one of those movies I can watch while sick (ie now) and not have to put too much thought into it. I was a bit confused when Eiji transformed, I could've sworn that his Ankh coin was still broken at the end of Mega Max. It's possible I guess that he fixed it at some point between now and then but then where was Ankh? I could go rewatch it to see if maybe when Ankh magic'd himself back to the future (lol unintended 80's movie reference, sweet) he left Eiji with some coins but it's late, I've got a fever, and work at 7am so...not tonight lol.

I liked Joe during Gokaiger, so seeing him get some screen time was totally ok by me. I want to know what was in those barrels Hina was chucking that she was kind of struggling to pick them up when she lifted a flipping vending machine no problem in OOO's first episode.

So when my sister and I got to the whole Kaitou summons the giant machine part we both had very similar reactions.
Me: Holy pyscho ex-girlfriend Batman!
Her: What happened? Did hair-boy cheat on him with the red pirate or something, cause if so...Dude...Hell hath no fury...

Followed by:
Kaitou: You hurt me, so I'll hurt you!
Her: I've said that to ex's before.
Me: God I really hope that wasn't followed by you summoning a giant robot and attempting to wipe out all of his friends...
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

DarknessRanger wrote:You can even see GekiViolet and Chopper in the background of the Geki/Den-O scene, though they aren't in the lineup.
Of course, GekiViolet and GekiChopper are weird cases. Even though they weren't in the original core lineup of the Gekirangers, Gokaiger made it explicitly clear they're considered core members and not sixth sentai. This is even more confusing since AbareKiller is considered a sixth sentai in a five person team. And, of course, Black Knight was once considered the sixth member of Gingaman but was later demoted to additional sentai. I don't understand at all how Toei decides these things.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

redfarmer wrote: I don't understand at all how Toei decides these things.
Given that there's no clear cut definition, this kind of thing might be totally arbitrary XD But that's okay!

I also don't think Gokaiger gets to decide whether the GekiRanger characters are main or extra Rangers. I don't think anyone would argue that Beet Buster is a main Buster, for instance.
Secret Identity
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Secret Identity »

3 pages and no one's questioned it yet. I guess I'll have to...
Why does Marvelous have Ranger Keys?

All things considered, I did enjoy this. I agree that if they do this again, they should flesh it out more. I didn't really have any trouble keeping up, but with so much going on, I can see how easy it is to lose track.
Currently Watching:
Ninninger, Drive, Ghost
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander

Post by Lunchboxx »

HW-DiEnd wrote:Screw that,it was awesome,and that's what matters.
Cannot put it any better. :mrgreen:
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Wow. Fantastic job TV-Nihon. Fucking love you guys.
The movie was pretty fun. My friend who isn't really into all this stuff watched it with me. And asked questions, me being able to answer made me feel all smart and shit.

I remember on the net people were saying it was pretty bad. I liked it. It was a fun ride. Of course I'd have my complaints but nothing major.

The most major being the plot 'twist;. Like "We knew the whole time about the lie" Lol no fuck that. Actually be the case. Make it so that the Riders and Sentai struggle to find coexistance. Make it urgent, like some of them fade away, get everything chaotic, that way finding a solution would have been that much more satisfying.

I liked the mix and match of cast. But Kaitou...what the hell man? I understand Tsukasa is his only friend and he actually cherishes that but to go wild the way that he did? It's a might much.
Zeltrax541
Adventure
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Quote: Now, your crimes will be counted!

Post by Zeltrax541 »

I really liked this movie.

Sure the movie is a bit short in some areas and you can point out the blatant plot-holes with a fine-toothed crowbar, but I didn't expect a whole lot of story out of this movie and that's why I liked it so much.

Plus, you can't ignore that the sweeping shot of the Riders and Sentai Warriors together is just so bad-ass, it actually brought a tear to my eye.

Personally, I give it a 9 out of 10. It's a wonderful anniversary to Super Hero Time and I just LOVED all of the Rider and Sentai team-ups during the fight at the end: Den-O with GekiRanger, Maskman with Kamen Rider Black/AWESOME, and many others.

I do have a question: Where is the post with a DDL for the movie? I've been looking for it and haven't found it yet.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”