< OOO | Fourze | Wizard >
zombierave
Adventure
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Inga Blink

Re: Super Hero Taisen released

Post by zombierave »

So going into this movie, I was full expecting a real KR vs SS movie with Fourze and the Go-Busters having to defuse the situation. But alas, such was not the case and therefore I can't say I fully enjoyed the movie. But anyways I'll give my thoughts on some things which is based a lot on my own assumptions...

I assume that when Tsukasa "killed" a sentai, Marvelous regained the use of their power and was thus able to travel back in time using Timeranger's grand power. OR Owner really was in on the entire plot and had Marvelous in another train car the entire time.
MarcosPMA wrote: So, they went back in time to find AkaRanger, then went into the future to where Riders vs. Sentai started, right?
No, he made a short speech on how riders and sentai need to work together and then to take him to the future. He didn't say to take him to the beginning of the "war".

At first I was rather confused by Kaito's decision to become the bad guy but after having read
Revorse wrote: But Kaitou...what the hell man? I understand Tsukasa is his only friend and he actually cherishes that but to go wild the way that he did? It's a might much.
I realized that Tsukasa really is Kaito's only friend. Or at least the only person Kaito actually trusts. And then to find out that the entire situation that caused all that emotional confusion was a lie...can really send a person over the edge. And I'm saying this from personal experience. With that feeling of betrayal, it's no wonder he regressed to being in it all for himself [much like how he was in Decade]

I'd like to think Narutaki is actually a good-guy-turned-bad-guy much like how Tsukasa himself is a bad-guy-turned-good-guy. Assuming they're both from the same world, Narutaki could have been the good guy fighting against Dai Shocker leader Tsukasa. And even now, 3 years later, he still assumes that Tsukasa is the ultimate evil that he must defeat, not realizing that he has become the bad guy.

Admittedly, I do think Natsumi would have worked better story-wise. But I like Hina more. So that didn't bother me.
toni2212 wrote:DarknessRanger, I also find it amusing that Yoko easily slips out of her cockpit while Red and Blue can stay.
A giant robo that probably cost millions yet they didn't think to put seat belts...no seriously, they don't have anything strapping them in to the seat.

A did like the interactions between Joe and Kaito. That was probably the only thing that I actually really liked in the movie. And Hina.

I hate how when Kabuto's clock up is used in these movies, there's always someone who can move at the same speed. I understand why it's done but still, to me it's just...eugh. Light speed's no joke and while Red Buster's speed isn't defined to my knowledge [I've never watched Go-Busters] it's slightly annoying that he was just "He's just moving at the speed of light" like it wasn't a big deal.

Still don't understand Tsukasa's hair and makeup when he's doing the bad guy role. Does he make it a point to have a weird hairstyle, put on makeup, and wear tight leather?
Ximara wrote:Ergo, Sentai and Kamen Riders are from two different realities.
with everything, Decade is kinda his own island. If Decade is originally part of the main KR reality that would actually mean Natsumi and Eijiro [Natsumi's grandfather] aren't. Or since in Decade's series, he only traveled to alternate realities, then he could have traveled to an alternate Shinkenger reality. Or it could've just been Narutaki being a dick and trying to convince the other characters that Decade was trouble. Honestly with Decade it's hard to tell what was or wasn't part of the main rider realities unless they were specific.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

I liked this movie for what it is: a movie set to entertain the mass of children and young teenagers.

The idea of Super Sentai teaming up with Kamen Rider is a great entertaining idea that Toei has been thinking about for a long time, sprouted with the DecadexShinkenger cross-over episodes *idk for sure, only been watching SS since Deka and KR since Kabuto*, and came to fruition here.

I will just say this: Gentarou is by far the most accepting Rider I've ever seen. Gets into Yellow-Buster's cockpit and meets Usada and doesn't freak out, just calmly accepts it, says hello and begins to pilot like a badass. Even so far as just to call him usagi when they 'fly to the moon'. I know my knowledge of culture is very limited, but I think there is some sort of joke/pun with bunnies and moon in Japan, Idk. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

And of course, I really would have liked more from W, he's my favorite Rider. And Second Fave is Zeronos.

Speaking of that series, Owner being evil and eating the pudding in front of the Imagin was just hilarious and slightly disgusting with the rice. I was actually expecting the flag to go down and for Owner to do that little thing with his hands and face when it does.

AND WHY IS THERE STILL NO INFORMATION ON THAT FREAKING PAIN-IN-THE-ASS NARUTAKI!?!? I am betting Tsukasa is getting tired of seeing his face after dealing with Shocker every time... wait...... Okay, this needs a spoiler... Do not read if you don't want to, just me trying to put strings the size of Gamel's attention-span together with hands the size of a giant monster.

Spoiler
If Tsukasa/Decade are always spoiling Narutaki's plans and Narutaki is somehow or another involved with Shocker/Dai-Shocker, would that mean that Narutaki is the Great Leader of Shocker that should have been defeated in the 80s or early-90s? I watched a thing that had a history of Kamen Rider and there was something like that, I think.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

for what i know, a bunny sacrificed to feed a homeless guy, the homeless guy was buddha, and sended the bunny to the moon to be happy ever after...or something like that.
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

Netto no Zen-Aki wrote: Even so far as just to call him usagi when they 'fly to the moon'. I know my knowledge of culture is very limited, but I think there is some sort of joke/pun with bunnies and moon in Japan, Idk. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
Well there is a connection between moons and bunnies. That's how Sailor Moon got her name xD.
locuas wrote:for what i know, a bunny sacrificed to feed a homeless guy, the homeless guy was buddha, and sended the bunny to the moon to be happy ever after...or something like that.
Actually the rabbit was the Buddha's past life. The homeless guy was just a brahmin who gave teachings.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/j3/j3017.htm
The Bodhisatta is what the Buddha who hasn't awoken is usually addressed as.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:AND WHY IS THERE STILL NO INFORMATION ON THAT FREAKING PAIN-IN-THE-ASS NARUTAKI!?!?
Gonna be waiting a while, dude.
DREWdesu wrote:Well there is a connection between moons and bunnies. That's how Sailor Moon got her name xD.
Yep.
Tsukino Usagi
Tsuki = moon\Usagi = rabbit.

Someone better-versed in this could prolly give better specifics on the whole legend, though.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Mabe is awesome, but defeating the legendary 7 alone? Not cool, Toei. Was that Ryuki's mirror monsters signal SFX?

Gen, you sly bastard. Taking two girls to see Earth at hte same time. Gen you can tell if he's a rider or not by the suit's eyes.

Nice battle between Mabe and Gen. Fire vs fire, electricity vs electricity. And man it was nice hearing Gokaiger's theme when the crew showed up. Spaceship kitaaaa.

I know Akiba taught us that revived kaijin are always weaker, but Meteor calling Doukoku a weakling was too much.

As usual, everything is Decade's fault. ONORE DIKEIDO!

LOL @ Yoko's comment about Shocker's clothes. Toei, you should've updated them. The movie is from the time when the Busters still threw their glasses away everytime... LOL @ the guy introducing Decade. It reminded me of Cake Boss. I wonder when they'll give Decade a normal haircut...

Gil is funny as usual. Couldn't they have made that scene between Kaito and Tuskasa more gay? I mean, I know they want to hook the fujoshi, but that was too much. Again. Just like they did in the series.

Oh, 1st time Rina's strenght was useful. So, the blue sidekicks that like treasure will team up to save the day. Plus Doc and Rina.

Onore Marvelous! LOL... Oh shit, Doc G is Narutaki!

Oh, Ace vs Ace, sticks vs sticks, tiger vs dragon.. They really thought it through.

MOMO! Nice to see the Imagin and Naomi again. And Owner is creepy as always. Imagin Sentai hahaha

What? No lines for W? Hey, Decade shouldn't be able to turn into Showa riders.

Accel showed up. I wonder why they didn't bring all the Heisei extra riders. I mean, they brought Black and RX together, even though they're the same guy...

I liked how they paired the sentai with the riders of the same year.

Big Machine looks cool. But Kaito's betrayal was lame.

Oh man, i wanted to see the Gokaigers fighting as OOO's forms. The trailer deceived me big time. Maybe in the DC version. Silva fell too quickly. The card riders using Goseiger cards was a better. And we still don't know what the hell Narutaki is.

Oh, tsukasa with normal hair! Man, that scene was too gay. Again.

LOL @ gay doing 4z's pose in the background.

You know, except for Kaito's irrational behaviour, which was incoherent with what was shown in the movie btw, the unexplained creation of DaiZangyack and the random team up between 4z and the Go-Busters (they could've added some minutes of them together), the movie was actually pretty good. The plot was better than I had imagined, the fanservice was good and the fights were ok. For a crossover movie, that's pretty good already.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

Let me say this to start, saying that this movie didn´t lived up to the Hype is quite an understatement, it wasn´t a bad movie but it certainly could have been better.

First, the things i liked:

-Narutaki as Doktor G (i believe that is the official spelling BTW), i am a big fan of V3 so the first time i saw him i squealed like a little girl. No, i am not ashamed to admit that. But yeah, his performance was quite something, i loved the design even though it was quite different from the original, and i really liked his final transformation, it was quite true to the original Doktor G.

-On a related note, i actually liked the fact that this movie is "continuing" Decade´s story, i like decade and this is a great chance to address that mess of plotholes created by the series, especially Narutaki, that line about him at the end seems to be completely intentional, also
Spoiler
since this movie is getting a sequel, it wouldn´t surprise me if the plots of the movies are connected through Decade´s Story, i believe the appareance of narutaki and those lines at the end are meant to foreshadow a bigger plot that will connect these movies. Given the purpose of Decade, that would be awesome.

-Joe and Kaitou´s performances were great, actually i am amazed how much time was given to those two, they could have easily cuted a couple of their scenes and added more fighting, but i am glad they didn´t

-I had no problem with the screen time of Fourze and the Go-busters, this wasn´t really their movie, i only wish that they had a scene midway through the movie to explain what were they doing about the Rider-Sentai war. Having them appear only at the beggining and the end is weird given how important this war is, so at least a scene with Kengo tracking down Gigant Horse or Kurorin following the movements of Crisis fortress would have been nice.

And now, the things that i didn´t liked:

-Obviously i have some issues with the plot, now i don´t think it was bad, it was kind of the same plot of all Riders versus DaiShocker with a small twist. The problem is that the plot wasn´t very well executed, the whole "Big Machine" project is actually a neat idea, but since there was barely any focus on the villains the whole thing fell flat, there was no real sense of threat coming from Dai Shocker/Zangyack which made the final act of the movie lackluster.

-The fighting is another issue, and this is actually something i expected to fail; this movie has the same problem i feel the 199 heroes movie had, that is, you can´t have a good battle if there are too many people in it. For example, of all the crossovers from recent years "All Rider vs DaiShocker" probably has the best final battle, there are many fighters but not too many and there is a proper focus on each of them, even if it only last a few seconds. In the 199 movie there are a lot of fighters squezed togheter and none of them stand out properly, i mean, i can remember the goseigers and gokaigers fighting but their opponents were unremarkable. Also, some of the effects in the final battle were kind of cheap, Sky rider and Red Falcon looked like stickers floating above the huge battle.

-This is related to the plot but i feel there was no clear focus on the main characters, the main 4 of the movie take a while to be established and Marvelous and Tsukasa just appear randomly throughout the movie, obviously the main characters are supposed to be Joe and Kaitou, and while Joe works as a protagonist in the context of Gokaiger, he doesn´t work too well in the context of the Great war. Kaitou also does a great job since he is the only one who seems to know what he is doing, but the turn face at the end ruins it.

-Also, for all of the above reasons, i feel that the final battle between Big Machine and Rocket GoBuster-oh was quite underwhelming, in paper sounds awesome but the execution fell flat.

So basically, i think that this was an entertaining movie, it has many good ideas in it but they are not properly executed, most of the battles seem to exist solely to be put in the trailers and given how much time those take the plot and the characters suffer. It had the potential to be a lot better, it could have been epic, but at the end i think that the movie didn´t quite knew what it wanted to be. It is not a bad movie, i liked it more than the 199 heroes movie but given the premise it could have been so much more.
Phoenix512 wrote:This reminds me of the recent Precure New Stage movie where it had all the Precure but a good amount of them were just there or barely had a speaking role.
I am one of the few persons who really liked the New Stage Movie, and i can say that what they did in that movie could have worked quite well in Super Hero Taisen. The whole idea is to focus in one or two characters, then you have one or two recent teams as supporting characters, and the rest have small cameos. This worked because it gave the movie a small cast of characters to focus while at the same time paying "homage" to the legendary warriors. This could work great in a Super Sentai x Kamen Rider crossover, just have a couple of generations of Riders/Rangers as the main focus and pay tributte to the previous generations by having the protagonists admit the importance of their legacy, add a few cameos and a credible threat for them to fight and you are done.

Anyways, i kind of liked the movie, it wasn´t nearly as bad as some people make it out to be, it had the potential to so much more but at the very least is an entertaining flick.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Just got around to watching this, but that is an hour and a half of my life that I can't get back anymore. Jeesh, what a worthless movie.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
[kuronogantzryu]
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Mirei Kiritani
Favorite Actor?: Tatsuya Fujiwara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by [kuronogantzryu] »

takenoko wrote:Joe really blew me away this time. He was really great as the character who felt most conflicted about where his loyalties belonged.
I don't watch much Gokaiger but I think Joe is really awesome in this movie. The last scene between him and "villainous" Marvelous was just heart-wrenching.
takenoko wrote:On the flip side, Daiki had some really cool moments at the beginning, but it seemed really dumb to me that he was the one who ended up piloting the bad guy's mecha.
I gotta disagree with the last comment. The line Kaito said about wanting Tsukasa to feel the same pain in his heart satisfied his reason since the relationship between them is pretty platonic and they're a slash couple.

Overall, very action packed with decent character comebacks. Only thing lacking was the final battle scene which could've been a lot more finishers with the various Riders and Rangers.
ImageImage
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

I've been quiet, but I have to pipe up for this one.

Its another ensemble movie without an ensemble. I guess that sells, so they're gonna keep doing it...which is fine. A tiny nod in the climax to each suit is alright, even if they're summoned out of nowhere and there's no feeling of genuine respect for each show. That said, it'd be nice to at least get someone's theme song or a proper action theme playing for those parts.

What really screwed this movie up is how unimpressive the cast was all around. Not the acting, but the characters. Marv was just apeing Decade from Decade's movie, Decade was just apeing Decade from Decade's movie (being more a dick than he ever was just to steal den-o's morals in an unsurprising twist). And everyone else was just mopey, helpless, or off-screen for most of the film. Also, Decade even took a while to get his own voice right. When I first heard him speak I thought it was another actor, the beautiful irony of which could have saved not only this film but everything else that ever was or will be. Real shame they didn't go there.

What else bothered me....forced reads of crap lines here and there, screaming villain makes up for that...generic robot villain, screaming villain makes up for that....oh, right. The big fight scene between Red and Pink where they just cut forward to imply the gokaigers got bored and wandered back to their ship. What the hell happened there?

Spoiler
I'm using this tag needlessly. Also, do I have to wait for Z2 to see some damned votoms?
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

I enjoyed this movie alot.

The only problem I have and I really shouldn't be worried about it is...the fuck started it all? they go back in time and get Akaranger...only for Akaranger to end up being Captain Marvelous... The fuck? They pulled that dude from the fucking past. Did Captain Marvelous hitch a ride all ghetto on to Denliner to get to the past to come forward?

It just doesn't make a bit of sense. I can't blame this on decade seeing it's a Super Sentai Plothole.

sigh perhaps they'll fill it in later.
guyverleon
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by guyverleon »

Thanks for the sub guys, but I found a minor mistakes here

It's clear blade hold the card which has Seaick Symbol but.. the sub turn into Landick Symbol..
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

it's decade's fault...xD
samelf
7X

Post by samelf »

I liked the movie actually I assume I am in the minority there my only concern is this. How do they even plan to do a sequel to this unless its pretty much the same plot plus all of the villains are dead (again and I am getting annoyed the same few get revived for these movies) .
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

My sibling said he didn't recognize Tsukasa with his bad hairdo. Seriously, it's hilarious enough to not laugh at it at all.

The sentai+rider group is so large that they can easily mob the opposition. That's fair, right?

Suddenly, Nobuhiko and Black Sun. Too bad you are being left out, RX...

Kaitou going "Boo hoo, you played with my 'friendship'. Die, all of you." - Wait what? That's down right retarded. And this is the first movie I don't see him spamming out riders. Isn't that his strong point?

So it seems like we know who Naruturkey is. He is actually some bum who wants to rule the world, but with every one of his "brilliant" plans conveniently foiled by Decade. Hence he keeps going "This is all your fault (that I cannot rule the world)! ONORE DIKEIDO!"

So they got 4 Den-Os in this movie. Great, but where's Sieg then?

Overall, it's a rather plain movie. There are some twists here and there, but those I wanted to have screen time don't get theirs. Oh well, guess it's hard to make a movie just like the All Kamen Riders Generation 2 game.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”