Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Fourze 31-32 DC, Deleted Scenes, Evolvin' Storm released

Post by takenoko »

So I wrote out a whole bunch of stuff for the wiki for these two episodes, but the wiki is down. So that sucks.

Anyway, didn't notice any major new stuff. The little bits of minor additions were interesting. Like noting that Shirakawa was in the literature club and that she gives Ryuusei a book in the first episode. Or that after giving the Rider Club permission to tour the school, he personally visits Aries. Aries sees through the ploy and confronts Hayami, who only responds with this great smug look on his face. He's the best principal, being hated by all the students everywhere.

What else was there? I noticed that when Gentarou was dead, he was standing in the Sanzu River while Kengo was on the shore. (There's a Sanzu River scene several times in Twin Spica as well).

I noticed that Ryuusei's school uniform has the Subarubu School logo on it. It has 6 dots to represent the six star cluster that the Japanese refer to them by (In the west they're referred to as the seven sisters, so there's some east/west disparity there). And of course the center kanji is the kanji for Subaruboshi.

And Luna noticed this in the background, which is pretty good. Looks like they recycled it from Go-Onger.

Edit:
Also, while I loved the Shooting Star music video, the Evolin' Storm video really sucks! I mean, singing in the rain while a fight goes on sounds pretty awesome. But having the video game thing and fighting CGI cubes was dumb. It just felt like wasted potential. Plus the song was repetitive to me too, so that didn't help.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Fourze 31-32 DC, Deleted Scenes, Evolvin' Storm relea

Post by Phoenix512 »

One of the things I noticed was when Libra met with Aries on the rooftop that Virgo was there as well. Virgo wasn't there in the initial cut and was interesting to know that Aries was meant to keep the other Horoscopes under control with his sleep power.
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

I didn't notice much different in the Director's Cut either. I thought the deleted scenes were interesting though.

The Evolvin' Storm PV was weird! I mean CGI cubes say pure evil.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

dunno if it's cause of Engrish, but "Evolvin' Storm" when they sing that I mean, it always sounded like "Ever looming Storm" but well... all the rest of reality says other wise <<; so likely just me.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

No, not just you, their English is pretty bad ^^
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

When I heard they were going to do a Director's Cut for episode's 31-32 I was shocked. Then a few months after Fourze ended I hear they're going to do another director's cut for Fourze's last two episodes. Can anyone tell me why they decided to do something this stupid?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Take a guess.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Actually, this director cut, in my opinion, Changed one thing for the better. Genta saves Aries after he uses his finisher. The first time i did not gave too much tought to it, but now i realize that this makes more sense. I mean, Genta is not the kind of guy who would let a person die. genta saving him makes more sense than having Virgo doing it.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

takenoko wrote:Take a guess.
money? :o
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I liked this. The little extra things that were added in made things make a lot more sense.

The ending part though. Oh hey we have all these random clips from the opening, lets just play Giant Step over them.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I forgot about the ending of that and wanted to talk a bit about it earlier. It was nice to see scenes from the opening creditless which you don't get for KR for some reason. Sentai tends to have creditless OP/ED but not KR, I don't quite understand why Toei have creditless OP for KR.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

I am actually surprised of how good my memory is since i noticed all of the changes. It is surprising because generally my memory is so bad that it kind of becomes a talent.

I liked most of the things that they added but it seems to me that many of the little added scenes during the final battle messed with the pacing, like the extra lines from kengo or how we see Gentarou switching off the switches before changing them. I could have lived without those 2 extra seconds.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”