< OOO | Fourze | Wizard >
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Re: KR Fourze Movie released

Post by harpdevil »

Even for Japanese kids shows, this was really, REALLY silly. The entire way through. That's not to say it wasn't enjoyable, I had a great time watching it. It's a great bunch of developed characters and all the plot points, although silly, were the right side of campy and out-there to be entertaining. It's a good bad movie.

Question: Did Federation X exist before W? I haven't seen many KR seasons before Philip and Shoutarou showed up.

Oh and why did it start with Federation X being given a whole bunch of switches? That ended up having nothing to do with the story at all.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

from what i understood, decade plot was about combining all universes into one (...i think...), and the series started to happen in a shared universe since W(and yes, they happen in the same universe. a few continuity problems are not enough to say it can't happen in the same universe), i mention this because it is important to understand, Fundation X appeared first in W, because W was the first one to happen in the same universe as the other series.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

dancercotillion wrote:I was pretty glad when the Chairman stepped up to flick a Switch. He's such a softie for Fourze. :3
If I'm honest, that was one part I didn't really get. All of the Switch users were people who Gentarou formed a bond with, right? The KRC weren't just giving them to the first people they came across; they were intentionally searching for people to give Fourze "the power of friendship."

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but considering that Gamou is the bad guy whose Zodiarts keep getting defeated and who is, essentially, out to kick Fourze's ass, you'd figure that would scupper the plan somewhat. Like if someone who's not a true "friend" is in the mix, it might disrupt things and prevent the Fusion Switch from being created.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

JustiFan wrote:
dancercotillion wrote:I was pretty glad when the Chairman stepped up to flick a Switch. He's such a softie for Fourze. :3
If I'm honest, that was one part I didn't really get. All of the Switch users were people who Gentarou formed a bond with, right? The KRC weren't just giving them to the first people they came across; they were intentionally searching for people to give Fourze "the power of friendship."

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but considering that Gamou is the bad guy whose Zodiarts keep getting defeated and who is, essentially, out to kick Fourze's ass, you'd figure that would scupper the plan somewhat. Like if someone who's not a true "friend" is in the mix, it might disrupt things and prevent the Fusion Switch from being created.
Gamou respects Fourze as a worthy opponent. And also, I mentioned this in my review again, but this isn't entirely unlike the ending of OOO Wonderful. The Season's Big Bad allying themselves with the Heroes to take down a common enemy is a tried and true trope that I for one happen to love.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

gamou has no ill feelings against gentarou. he pretty much let's him do whatever he wants. in some way, i think gamou respects gentarou. I think it does a nice foreshadowing for the end of fourze, where gentarou is able to make gamou a good guy again.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

The Chairman actually really likes the Rider Club. Yeah, he's Sagittarius and thus evil, but it's this weird paternal thing. His late friend, Kengo's dad, invented Fourze. So while Fourze is running around wrecking Zodiart plans left and right, he's proud of it anyway because it's a reminder of the good times. And Fourze is pretty useful being a pressure on the regular Zodiarts which may allow them to ascend into Horrorscopes, which is what he wants in the end.

He only becomes overtly hostile to the Club once he has no more use for them, and even then he's dangerous only so far as they are the Kamen Rider Club. As individual kids, he still likes and cares for them. He runs a high school! Dude likes young people, thinks of them as the future. Gamou is actually one of the most interesting villains in a long time, he's so contradictory and facetted.

Chairman Gamou :3
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Does anyone know how or where I can get more junctions?
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
maybetoby
Adventure
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: Thousand Foot Krutch
My boom: Gokaiger

Post by maybetoby »

Love this movie, Mikie Hara is such a hottie! I think the resolution looks a lil fuzzy for the 720p version, but other than that I got no complaints. Love the effects that go along with your fonts (as always).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote:Does anyone know how or where I can get more junctions?
Yeah, we'll release them with the other quiz shows.

The 720 looks fuzzy? Sorry about that, maybe I set the bitrate too low.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Thanks take. The movie was fairly good, plot and action wise. But it seems it went by a little too fast. Like there could be more stuff installed.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
TNT
7X

Post by TNT »

I downloaded and watched the movie despite not watching Fourze (I dropped the show after three eps, despising the belt sounds, shiny neon plastic attachments and Gentarou).
It was ...interesting. The movie was fairly entertaining. I really enjoyed the fight scenes with the zodiarts. The quick switching with switches was pretty sweet and made me consider downloading the show to watch it anyway.

Then ofcourse the scoobygang comes along with Gentarou's usual behaviour and like at the end of the OOO's megawar movie I remember why I dropped the show. Regardless, it was fun. Thank you for subbing. :)

Also, the girl in leather was super hot. :oops:

Did the jkrizer give a tribute to heavy arms custom in Gundam Wing Endless waltz? Both green, both with dual dubbel barreled machine guns and both entered the screen by vaulting over the enemy.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

By the way, people have been saying that those dizers were magically on the satellite. I was under the impression that they were brought on the shuttle. And the organization that funded the trip randomly decided to supply two extra dizers. I mean, there's still a bit of a "huh?" factor there, but I'm pretty sure that Miu mentioned that they were on the shuttle, not on the station.
maybetoby
Adventure
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: Thousand Foot Krutch
My boom: Gokaiger

Post by maybetoby »

takenoko wrote: The 720 looks fuzzy? Sorry about that, maybe I set the bitrate too low.
Any plans on a 720p version 2?
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Cool movie. But what made it cool? Ayumi Kinoshita!!!! And having Mikie Hara doesn't hurt either. She looks so much better with long hair compared to her stint in Cutie Honey, the Live.

I may be biased (or rather, I know I am), but Ayumi's vocal acting as Skydain (screaming, calling out moves, in pain, etc...) is actually very convincing. I enjoyed it. Heck, I enjoyed her!
Miyagishin
Humongous
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Suit Actors!
Quote: To overcome the intelligent by folly is contrary to the natural order of things; to overcome the foolish by intelligence is in accord with the natural order. To overcome the intelligent by intelligence, however, is a matter of opportunity.
--Zhuge Liang

Post by Miyagishin »

So I waited a while to post this, mainly because I have shown this movie to friends to prove my theory.

I can't lie to myself, this is one of the Best, if not the BEST KAMEN RIDER movie yet. :shock: The fact that Koichi Sakamoto directed this is shocking to me because I thought Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO Movie Taisen Mega Max was one of the worst movies ever. It's like night and day and I am still scratching my head trying to figure out entirely why this movie works so well.

The writing in this movie is fantastic, it's not over done, and the delivery matches the show's theme and style. Does this movie kind of reflect Kamen Rider ZO :?: (creates 3 androids, there is a fusion of sorts)

I admit, its hard to get a feel for the characters in a limited time, but this is the movie based off the show, so I'm guessing their main demographic was people who have watched the show and can grasp the characters. However, I showed this to people who don't normally watch Kamen Rider and they asked to watch the show, so I think the movie achieved its goal. :idea: Too compare it to another kind of series; Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy, Is a movie where you might not know anything about Ultraman but you get caught up in it and possibly want to see more of the series.

The pacing of the movie is superb, The fight scenes are fantastic and I wasn't board at any part. The choreography is some of the best in the series.

Everyone's delivery is spot on. The score is awesome as usual. I love Skydain's and Graindain's upgraded design. 8) The Villians are based on Space Ironmen Kyodain. I didn't even realise but there transformations are from the show too? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra6XXFdu5fQ

Well I could talk more about it but I am going to try some more crazy food combinations to create a new power. *snaps overalls*
Spoiler

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”