2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Re: KR Fourze Movie released

Post by StereotypeAsian »

Got a random question though: When Fusion State is flying up, there are jet steams like Base State, but there is no jet pack on the back of Fusion State, so where are the steam coming from? The shoulder pads?
zombierave
Adventure
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Inga Blink

Post by zombierave »

chcoman123 wrote:I'm sorry, but I feel like I'm the only person here who downright HATED this movie! I really liked Fourze, but I felt that this movie does NOT do it justice!
as I posted I'm basically the opposite. Despite watching all of Fourze, I didn't really care for it and thought the movie was much more entertaining than the series. And don't take this the wrong way, but because you're so against the movie [nothin' wrong with that, you are entitled to your opinion], I feel the need to discuss your points...
chcoman123 wrote:First, way too many action scenes. This is a major problem because, though these scenes are entertaining, it allows for NO time to build characters, or to really care about the events going on. I didn't give a crap when we found out about Inga's father or her past because they give us time to build her character.
I think takenoko's quote there really sums this bit up.
takenoko wrote: Actually I heard this line recently that I think is relevant. "Action scenes aren't just about the fighting. They're also about motivations."
As I see it, the end justifies the means. What I mean is that the action scenes were Inga's character building scenes. Once you learn her motivations, all the action scenes beforehand are given more meaning and you realize why she was constantly trying to stop them.
chcoman123 wrote:Second, stupid, stupid, stupid, STUPID premise! Why immediately turn to the Kamen Rider Club? Hell, HOW DO YOU KNOW THE KAMEN RIDER CLUB?! None of it is ever explained. Also,
Spoiler
If they wanted to destroy Earth with XVII, then why go to the Kamen Rider Club, the only people on the planet who COULD defeat you? Just hire some Army-dudes, then dispatch of them later!
They're the bad guys who obviously have the resources to take information from Foundation X, the group that as of late has been a secondary antagonist to Riders since Double. Also, it doesn't help that while the KR Club is "secret", the entire school knows of Fourze's existence. As for your spoiler tagged stuff,
Spoiler
keep in mind that Inga had Black Knight, whom is also a fully functional Uchuu Tetsujin, while Groundain and Skydain didn't have their abilities meaning they couldn't fight back. So logically it's not too big a stretch to get the help of Fourze to deal with Black Knight.

chcoman123 wrote: Also, I know Gentarou wants to be friends with everyone, but a SPACE STATION?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You can't be friends with machines, sentient or non-sentient! It's SO stupid!
So you're saying you can't be friends with sentient beings? Then by that logic
Spoiler
Gentarou shouldn't have been able to become friends with Nadeshiko. Or Kengo for that matter since they're both sentient energy beings.

chcoman123 wrote:Third, predictable and weak plot twist.
Spoiler
If you didn't see this plot twist coming a mile away, ever since the moment that the founder of that organization said you can't be friends with a machine, it basically gives away that he and that girl are Groundain and Skydain. It was so predictable and weak.
Then I guess I'm just stupid, but in my defense I thought the way they went about it was at least clever.
Spoiler
Considering that:
Black Knight is not shown in a human form.
The KR Club is told that Black Knight, along with Skydain and Groundain, are robots trying to destroy earth
or in other words, the Club [and viewer] is never told of their opponents having a camouflage ability. So logically one can't assume they have a human form since up until the reveal, they weren't shown in any other form other than their robotic ones.

chcoman123 wrote:Fourth, the entirety of the battle against the Twelve Apostles. I know they are just dummies made of energy, but Pisces wasn't even in the show at that point, so they would have no experience with it! Not only that, but they aren't even shocked that it's all twelve, and even the harder ones, like Sagittarius, they have NO problem with! It makes NO sense!
the Pisces and Sagittarius point has been answered already.
Phoenix512 wrote:You guys have bad memories of recalling stuff because Sagittarius kicked both Fourze and Meteor's asses in episode 42 and Pisces show up in episode 45.
FangTrigger wrote:This movie occurred between episodes 44 and 45, and came out in Japanese theaters the same day as episode 45, so although Sagittarius wasn't revealed to the Rider Club yet, Pisces was.
chcoman123 wrote:Fifth, world's most boring climax. I HATE all CGI climaxes. This is no exception, considering the ESPECIALLY bad CGI in this movie. The show has an excuse on being on the budget of $2, but there is no excuse here. This climax is BORING AS HELL! The finishing blow is boring and disappointing, and Meteor Fusion States wasn't all it cracked up to be, especially with all that buildup to it with the 40 switches, which was a stupid and cheesy scene.
I actually agree with this.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Man, I love movies where they let Koichi be the action director. The writing may still be a mess, but he really spices up the action scenes with his wire work.
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

I pretty much loved the movie, like everyone else, the only thing I'd like to add is that I think Ryuusei seems to be a bit overprotective/overconcerned when Gentarou is getting the crap kicked out of him, perhaps he feels guilty from having killed him once?
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
myman88
Gao
Location: Closer to Japan than the common TVN person, but still so far away.

Post by myman88 »

I'm actually slightly disappointed that they didn't bring back Nadesico back for a slight cameo or anything. But I did enjoy the movie on my first viewing. I think that if I view it multiple times, I'll find things that will start to bug me.
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Favorite Actor?: Hiroya Matsumoto
Favorite Band: D'espairsray
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Toku and Visual Kei
Quote: "The only way to get away from loneliness is to love it" - Moi Dix Mois

Post by KisekiRed »

Finally got around to watching this movie. Well worth my time. Really good Kamen Rider Movie in a long while, since the Accel Movie in my opinion.

I really really enjoyed the fight between Fourze and Black Knight. I loved how little details brought Black Knight to life with out having him say a word. The suit actor did a splendid job making him feel very robotic with clunky moves versus the human dexterity that Gentarou has. Over all the movie had wonderful choreography. Every fight in my opinion was engaging. A lot of people have issues with the fight with the Apostles. Its been cleared up that they have at least been seen by the KRC. With all the switches in the beginning, I'm sure they are just copies. In the series, didn't the switches change when someone evolved into a Horoscope? It's probably the same idea. When they use a regular switch, it evolves and they put it in the case. Who exactly knows? It was mainly used as plot device for Fourze and Meteor to fight all twelve at once. I didn't get the whole Ryusei had to hide to transform still. That's probably due to poor communication with the staff of the TV series or some other mishap.

I read this thread during class and noticed someone complained about all the fighting. I'm going to have to agree with takenoko and add a little bit of my own opinion on that. Through fighting, you can learn a lot about a character. They don't say any words because their bodies are doing a ton more speaking. It's one thing to actually deliver a line, but its another to add body language to it. With body language, the line can take on numerous amounts of other meaning then what it is written down. Same goes for fighting. You can determine how hard a person is fighting; whether they are playing around or if they have something at stake.

As for the 40 switches thing, I really enjoyed it, except maybe a couple of parts of it. It was nice to see returning characters and they weren't forgotten. The only parts I would have taken out, was then just running. It rubbed me a bit wrong with those little clips. Them just running looking for people. I would have been satisfied with them just running in frantically handing the switches to everyone.

chcoman123, I think you're about the only one who saw the plot twist. From the trailer, I noticed Groundain and Skydain, but I didn't see them as the people who recruited the KRC. I was waiting the entire movie for them to show up corrupted and fight Fourze. Then when it turned out to be the two, I didn't see it coming. The only thing that confuses me was Skydain. I thought Skydain, from what I read about the Space Ironmen, was a guy.

The Powerdizer was loaded onto Exodus. I think Shun in the background runs back to the spaceship to go grab it. I thought that when I saw him get in it. What bothered me was the Queendizer and JKDizer. Way to pull a Deus Ex Machina on us. Oh well, it happens.

Wizard, Love how they haven't even gotten the actor for him yet. It's weird to hear someone else voicing him. Though, we did have Gentarou with his proto pompadour in OOO Wonderful. So they really don't have characters worked out during the filming. Wizard's fighting was pretty sweet. I liked it.

I wasn't really fond of the Fusion Design for Fourze, but after watching this movie, I don't think it's that bad. I enjoy how Gentarou acted much like how Ryusei would in the states. I really enjoyed the Rider Kick that came with it. Showing both Fourze and Meteor superimposed behind him was a nice touch. Depsite the CGI, I really enjoyed the scene. There is Bad CGI and good CGI. It takes a lot to get things to look very realistic. So budget gets in the way of that sometimes. I don't think the CGI was bad.

Gentarou is a boss. He befriended a giant transforming sentient space station. Not many can say they've done that. Though at the end when they ask who Gentarou would befriend next, I found it funny that he broke the 4th wall and referred to us. But it makes me feel like we weren't his friends despite watching all the episodes up to this point.

I love how Inga Blink just planted one on Ryusei at the end. Ryusei's facial expression really made it hysterical. I found it even funnier that Nozama was hiding behind a pillar. I think she bumped up to stalker status instead of just crushing on him.

overall, I really enjoyed the movie. The only real quirk I had was the powerdizers just lying around. This is atleast going into my top 5 favorite Kamen Rider Movies.
Completed Rider Series: Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze
Completed Sentai Series: Dairanger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I just rewatched it with a kid I babysat.

- When Skydain at the start of the movie at the KRC falls and bumps her head into Gentarou there is a clank noise like something hitting metal. I like that touch.

- OSTO had multiple Powerdizers around....I believe I brought that part up before and even Miu says the line the army had them lying around. I'm okay with that explanation. Kengo didn't build the other one. He received it.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

So far this is the best Kamen Rider movie I have ever seen. It's action packed, the choreography is pretty good as well. I liked the guest stars. Especially Mikie Hara :D. I kind of liked Fourze's movie exclusive form. But why copy Ryusei's WAACHA sound? Doesn't make sense to me. But overall, this is the best movie I ever seen.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Now this was a good movie. Koichi Sakamoto knows how to make his actors/actresses look good. He's done it for years and he has managed to make Mikie Hara look badass in this film. I like her suit although it looks very similar to how Black Widow looks like in the Marvel Comics books. I didn't see the plot twist coming although they did give us clues early on. Gentarou and everyone did a great job with their performances as well. I liked that the group got to have their own action scenes as well. Black Knight's design was pretty cool although I wished we got to see more character from him. No biggie. Lastly, the movie exclusive form didn't look too bad in action either. I thought the Bruce Lee noises was unnecessary and kept for Ryuusei only. I think I will rewatch this movie's fight scenes the most compared to everything else. Overall, this was an entertaining film.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

I absolutely enjoyed this movie. Everyone had a part to play and they played it very very well. The fights were superb. Inga Blink actress could do a few more roles in a sentai or KR series. She was awesome in this movie. The fusion switch was sort of ok. I would have preferred it if Ryusei had voluntarily given Gentarou his Meteor switch/powers because he was too injured to go on fighting. But it seemed like he was caught off guard and had to just watch the driver dissolve and get fused with Fourze.
I went back and rewatched the Net movies about the Kyoudain history. Watching Ayumi is always great even though she was the bad guy here.
All in all had good fun watching this movie. Great job with the subs as always! :D
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

KisekiRed wrote: Wizard, Love how they haven't even gotten the actor for him yet. It's weird to hear someone else voicing him. Though, we did have Gentarou with his proto pompadour in OOO Wonderful. So they really don't have characters worked out during the filming. Wizard's fighting was pretty sweet. I liked it.
No, that was Shiraishu Shunya, as it is in the series. He just sounded really weird because of how heavily distorted his voice was. They seem to use the preview of the forthcoming Rider to finetune things. OOO's transformation is noticeably different in A to Z than it is in the series, for instance.
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Favorite Actor?: Hiroya Matsumoto
Favorite Band: D'espairsray
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Toku and Visual Kei
Quote: "The only way to get away from loneliness is to love it" - Moi Dix Mois

Post by KisekiRed »

dancercotillion wrote:
KisekiRed wrote: Wizard, Love how they haven't even gotten the actor for him yet. It's weird to hear someone else voicing him. Though, we did have Gentarou with his proto pompadour in OOO Wonderful. So they really don't have characters worked out during the filming. Wizard's fighting was pretty sweet. I liked it.
No, that was Shiraishu Shunya, as it is in the series. He just sounded really weird because of how heavily distorted his voice was. They seem to use the preview of the forthcoming Rider to finetune things. OOO's transformation is noticeably different in A to Z than it is in the series, for instance.
Yes, but we also saw that in both A to Z and OOO Wonderful that the actors were present, Wizard's was not. The voice even without distortion sounded much different.
Completed Rider Series: Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze
Completed Sentai Series: Dairanger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

takenoko wrote:That bothered me too. I kind of wish the Fusion Switch combined Ryuusei with Gentarou instead of just his powers. It doesn't make too much sense to have Gentarou suddenly copying Ryuusei's mannerisms.
At which point Philip and Shoutarou show up and kick both their asses for stealing their schtick. :mrgreen:
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Fourze Movie was soooooooo EXTREMELY GOOD! just like W Forever. I like it.

About Kyoudain's finishing move. Graviton X-Blast is really be the same as the old Kyoudain show?!

dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

KisekiRed wrote:Yes, but we also saw that in both A to Z and OOO Wonderful that the actors were present, Wizard's was not. The voice even without distortion sounded much different.
Philip and Shotarou didn't show up when W was revealed in that Decade movie, either. It's no big deal, maybe Shiraishi Shuya wasn't available or even cast at the time of filming, so they just had him voice it later. The movies are filmed far in advance of the release date, even moreso than the episodes. So in Sentai films, like the Gokaiger ghost pirate thing, you get the additional member shooting their stuff as if they've been around for a while, but their scenes may in fact be the first things they ever shot.

Production schedules can be a major headache.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”