Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Fourze Net Movies

Post by takenoko »

This was a pretty fun batch. But first...

Why did the Blu-Ray split each segment into its own thing?! It was so much extra work encoding 30 pieces three times! I almost wanted to dump the SD version, but figured people would ask for it anyway so I did it anyway.

But yeah, all the segments were pretty enjoyable. I was either being entertained by some antics or learning some Kamen Rider background thing in almost every part.

Speaking of which, I mention this in this week's Wizard thread, but it's really sad to see Eitoku hosting here. Since he apparently got hurt back in August and has been out of commission (He doesn't do the suit work for Beast, which is how I found out). I just hope he recovers soon, since he really stands out in the Net Movies.

It's pretty great to see them do more Garren jokes.

I didn't know Morota-sensei was the director Morota Satoshi. That was a weird thing to find out.

Anyway, check out the trivia section on the wiki for it if you have time:

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Net_Movie_ ... aa!#Trivia
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kamen Rider Fourze Net Movies

Post by Lunagel »

My favorite part was definitely the suit actors. It's great to see their dynamic and how they work together. It's clear they really enjoy their jobs.

Poor Hayami.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I do think the bits with Fourze!Tachibana were the best parts.

"We will study using top-secret information that I have uncovered!!"
*30+ year old footage comes on*
Last edited by Go-On Macaroni on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myman88
Gao
Location: Closer to Japan than the common TVN person, but still so far away.

Post by myman88 »

Like Lunagel, my favorite parts were the Suit Actor bits. It's always fun to hear all the neat stories they have that go on behind the scenes. It also helps that their chemistry is fantastic, since they've obviously known each other for a long time. I especially enjoyed the bit of Takaiwa Seiji promotion. It's his acting that helps bring about half of the show's enjoyment in all the shows he stars in. I was also surprised that he's had the same bus seat ever since Kakuranger. Also, which part of Kabuto is he talking about for his "I'm terrified of heights" moment?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Just thumbing through it right now. I'm not sure if this is a source error or an encode error, but at least the 1080p version hasn't been properly decimated. It's 24fps material running at 30fps, with the 5th frame being a duplicate of the 4th. The duplicate frames were never dropped.

Anyhow, the suit actor sections are absolutely hilarious. "What's it like to have explosives strapped to you while you're running through burning napalm" is always going to get good responses. Though now I must admit I'm curious as to what Hitomi Sanae did against the advice of her sempai. When stories like this are told, they usually have similar endings...:o

And the matter of Eitoku brings up a good point. For as dangerous and injury-prone the job is, I'm surprised any of these guys are able to continue doing the job into their 40s.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah, that explains it. The net movies are usually pretty funky since they are actually interlaced still. Seems weird that they didn't fix that when they changed it to Blu-ray.

>myman88

I'm almost certain they're talking about Kabuto 3 when he's on that roller coaster track.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

These Net Movies were very well thought out and everyone had their own little segment which was nice. I really like the Sonada ones as they actually add something to her backstory. All the Garren jokes were good. The only part I didn't really care for was Yuuki singing parts as they just fell flat. It's clearly obvious that Toei puts more thought into their summer movie Net stuff compared to their anniversity Net Movies.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

I'm not done watching yet, but they're pretty entertaining so far.
I'm liking the segments with Gentarou and Tomoko the best so far. The segments with the suit actors is also pretty interesting as well. I think just talking about suit acting in its own could get a small documentary or something. The swimsuit girl was kinda cute. and seeing clips of Blade makes me wanna watch it again. Maybe TOEI should give that the HD treatment. Just for me.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Wait.... Suit Actors go to the bathroom in their suits.... o.o

The Quiz show was hilarious. I found myself laughing pretty hard at Shun's answers.

The Suit Actors need to be in more scenes out of costume.

Tomoko looked hot as Lara Croft, I know it was probably meant to be something related to the guy who turned into Shin but I think she looked more like Lara Croft. Her Shoutarou was pretty good too. I love the Garren Joke they did and how they pretty much made fun of the Virgo plot twist. I love how they pull canon and Accel corrected himself with the whole Chief thing.

Really could do without the songs....It even looks like she doesn't even want to do it.

Glad they included the delinquent from the first episode, he was one of those minor characters I actually remembered. Wasn't he in like three or four?
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

Ah... Uchuu Tetsujin Kyodain. Anyone else know the show from Konata's rendition of the theme song? (^.^;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Bo7Zui-u8
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
Miyagishin
Humongous
Favorite series: Den-O
My boom: Suit Actors!
Quote: To overcome the intelligent by folly is contrary to the natural order of things; to overcome the foolish by intelligence is in accord with the natural order. To overcome the intelligent by intelligence, however, is a matter of opportunity.
--Zhuge Liang

Post by Miyagishin »

Hey is there any more stuff on suit actors? I just watched the fourze net stuff, and that was by far the best part.

I could of watched a whole special on it, I was truly interested in the history and stories of the suit actors.
Spoiler
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'd check out the other Net Movies since that's where I tend to notice them stand out the most. The only other thing that really comes to mind is the Den-O Talk Show where the stunt actors came out and did a talk.
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

This was beyond delightful! Thank you for the wonderful release, and omg how I've missed my Fourze babies T~T

This was really great. ♥

(I also love the suit actor segments. I could watch that forever - not to mention Eitoku's *HOT*)
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

This was an awesome Net Movie. The suit actor segment was the best part for me. I actually get to see more behind the scene, well at least imagine the behind the scene when they start to talk about their job. The suit actor segment were the one that stand out more then the other for me. That and libra interviewing that one hot girl?woman? Who can't see her in her school uniform but in her swimsuit. At that point, I fell in love lol. I wish to see her more in the future.
Dienz217
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
My boom: NERF-ing
Quote: Just passing through~

Post by Dienz217 »

Watched it again for the LuLz when I realized something that was bothering me. Tomb Raider!Tomoko's guns are holstered wrongly. Lol, she still looks cute no matter what outfit she wears though.
______*If you're reading this.....You have too much time*______
________________*Proud To Be A Lurker*_________________

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”