Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Fourze Movie Director's Cut released

Post by takenoko »

JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Fourze Movie Director's Cut released

Post by JustiFan »

Was great to see this film again. I couldn't really tell from memory everything that was added in for the DC, though I have a feeling the training montage probably got some new scenes. A couple of minor random things I happened to notice this time round though:

- During Wizard's fight, "Life is Showtime" was playing. Like I said I can't really remember too clearly but I wouldn't have thought the song was included in the theatrical cut (and it's not listed on TV-N's wiki so I guess not.)

- When Fourze activates his Rocket Drill Kick in Meteor Fusion States at the end of the movie, that's definitely the Clear Drill Switch from the HBV he's using. Wonder why they put that in there as opposed to the standard Drill Switch...
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

JustiFan wrote:During Wizard's fight, "Life is Showtime" was playing. Like I said I can't really remember too clearly but I wouldn't have thought the song was included in the theatrical cut (and it's not listed on TV-N's wiki so I guess not.)
I just wrote a podcast on the other version, they play the stock music choir. But I'm sure the director's intention was to use that theme. Even and especially if that didn't wind up being used in the show.

....I JUST wrote a podcast on the other version, what the hell, I have to go back and see if there's extra crap worth mentioning now....
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Yup! It's quite longer than W Forever movie (+3 minutes).

Now I've ever heard of a Wizard OP theme song during the fight. Oh! I've already watched the teaser of Movie Taisen Ultimatum last year. But that's okay if you sub the teaser.

Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

This movie sums up pretty well my main issues with Koichi Sakamoto´s Director Cut´s versions.

On one side we get extended fight scenes and expanded scenes that certainly improve the movie, but at the same time all the added material throws out the pacing.

I know its a silly complain but during the climax of this movie, when they are distributing the switches, in the TC version you have an intrumental version of "Switch On" that syncs perfectly with every beat of all those scenes and its quite an emotional moment, in the DC version this scene is like 3 minutes longer and the songs does not match anymore, which results in some odd pacing and makes the final sequence when everyone is about to press the switches quite awkward since the music stopped like a minute ago and it just doesn´t have he same impact.

Also, is it just me or the music volume is lower than the voices and sound effects in this version when compared with the TC?

But anyways, this was a nice DC but i think i prefer the TC, it may be shorter but it has better pacing.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I recently released a 720p version of the movie. Sorry for waiting so long to release it.
Razrael
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Razrael »

Emm what's this:
Additionally, in the original cut of the movie, Wizard only appears transformed, as Double did in Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker; however, the director's cut adds a scene at the end where Haruto introduces himself to Gentarou, as Gentarou himself did with OOO during his own cameo.
From kamen rider wikia. Before it was edited there was even a screenshot of it, is it wrong? Because i didn't see it :?:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Man, that phrasing is super complicated. It could use a period or two to break it down to separate sentences.

There's a scene at the end of the DC where Wizard and Fourze do the handshake, but Haruto never appears unmasked as far as I know. And I don't see him saying his name.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Wizard appear unmasked to Fourze in Ultimatum not in Fourze's movie.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”