*** Youth Switch On!
11%
** Make a wish upon a star.
10%
* Last One?
5%

Total votes: 82
Sakas
Quote: What a wee little part of a person's life are his acts and his words! His real life is led in his head, and is known to none but himself.
Mark Twain

Re: Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Fourze

Post by Sakas »

As much as I enjoyed the series I have to give it a 4 out of 5. The ending just killed it for me I understand that it all goes into the theme of friendship and all that but it all seemed so very anti-climatic to just say we forgive you now that we've run out of opportunities to kill you out right. Still one of the better seasons I've seen overall though.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Sakas wrote:As much as I enjoyed the series I have to give it a 4 out of 5. The ending just killed it for me I understand that it all goes into the theme of friendship and all that but it all seemed so very anti-climatic to just say we forgive you now that we've run out of opportunities to kill you out right. Still one of the better seasons I've seen overall though.
The hell are you talking about? Did you think they weren't trying to kill the last boss when they blew a hole through his torso with the power cosmic...? Now, I'll grant that they could've kept a closer eye on him during his week-long death period, but that's just nitpicking. And if you're gonna do that, look no further than the moonchild who only came back to be in future crossovers...

Fourze could be very repetitive, and it had a lot of filler spruced throughout. But I loved the eclectic ideas, the energy of the characters, and core concept of it. It was a show about friendship, yeah, but more about empathy and keeping a positive attitude in the face of adversity. What better message could there be than that? Also there was golf nazis, pit-fighting fast food robots, and a secondary hero with no reservations about lifting up a teenage girl by sticking his head between her legs (never forget). And a main hero who fell in love with a robot slime girl that only ever mimicked him. It's those types of characters that anyone can relate to...
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

A 2. The main problem is that I didn't like Gennousuke and with Kengo limited in development due to major revelations late in the series that just left me... unsatisfied.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Sakas wrote:As much as I enjoyed the series I have to give it a 4 out of 5. The ending just killed it for me I understand that it all goes into the theme of friendship and all that but it all seemed so very anti-climatic to just say we forgive you now that we've run out of opportunities to kill you out right. Still one of the better seasons I've seen overall though.
I agree the Fourze finale was anti-climatic and it ruined the whole awesome fight that happened. I don't agree with how the writers handled the last episode.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

KITAAA!! I once said that I didn't think Hibiki could be de-throned from my list of favorites, but it has been demoted to 2nd place to make room for Fourze. Loved it from start to finish, even the final episode that you guys didn't seem to like that much :( .
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

I liked how Fourze was funny a lot of the times, but I would have liked for the back-up cast to have some more time to shine. Still, a good series.

I know this is very out there and is probably very insane to think of crossing this, but what if sometime in the future after the events of "Fourze", Gentarou got stuck in a worm hole type thingy and ended up as the "Space Dandy"?
RiderJustice
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by RiderJustice »

I have to say I've been really, really disappointed with this one.

There's some good things in it : I like the intro, the main character is nice but a bit goofy, Meteor has a sweet design...But there's clearly a lack of good plot. I mean a REAL one. This one is a bit like the Wizard, it's nice to look at but you could see the episodes in a shuffle way, it's the same. All the highschool stuff is a bit annoying, the 200% shonen style was really getting on my nerves toward the end. But where the show fail really for me in a point of no return was when Gentarou died.

For 30 episodes, like nothing really important happens and then, BOUM, Meteor killed Fourze. So I was like "Oh...cool, now things are getting serious, Meteor is going to be a villain/mild villain, big changes are going to happen..." And then...No. Next episode Gentarou is alive, he's like "Oh you killed me, please be my buddy, some stuff like that happens..." And everything is back to normal. Plus the rest of the Kamen Rider Club (which I don't like, I feel like watching a Rider version of Buffy) is NOT EVEN STUNNED to see Gentarou alive. That's cool ! HE FUCKING DIED HOURS AGO IN FRONT OF THEM ! But no, no surprise.

And the end was...how to say...not even surprising considering the overall season.

2/5, because the Intro song kick ass and Gentarou is fun to watch (sometimes). But it's far, far from OOO, W, Blade, even Drive was way better than this one.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”