Jiminy Crickets, that belt is a mess!
dinosaurus
Number 6
Number 6
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Revenge is best when it served cold... like ice-cream

Re: Kamen Rider Fourze

Post by dinosaurus »

" Don't judge the book by the cover " 8)

Though, I do agree that a triangle-headed kamen rider seems kinda weird.
Judging by the pics one of his signature attacks probably called Rocket Punch.(Rokettopanchi).
What, he used action figure to henshin too? (Like Gokaiger?)
However, I hope this Rider will be as good as the other Riders. :mrgreen: :lol:
ICHIGO,NIGO,V3,X,AMAZON,STRONGER,SKYRIDER,SUPER-1,BLACK,BLACK RX,SHIN KAMEN RIDER,ZO,J
KUUGA,AGITO,Ryuki,FAIZ,BLADE,HIBIKI,KABUTO,DEN-O,KIVA,DOUBLE,OOOZU
FAINARU ATTAKU RAIDO DE,DE,DE,DECADE !!
Uncontrol
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Uncontrol »

ENOUGH ANNIVERSARIES. WE GET IT, TOEI. We had Decade, we had an Anniversary special in OOO's and movies and stuff already. We get it. There are years.

That said, yes, I thought OOO's looked "weird" at first but it wasn't at all the same as the gut-reaction to the pure ugly of the Fourze design. I know that KR fans don't want to admit that the next year of their lives is going to be terrible but, I mean ... this is just really, really bad. And the other things I've heard about this series don't excite me either.

I'll still watch, because it's absolutely possible that it could be a decent series despite the terrible design. But it's going to sour me off the whole thing going in.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Well, I guess I didn't like OOO's suit at first. A lot of us can say we didn't like a certian riders suit at first. Maybe it is something that will get better with time. After all, blade has a pointish head.... .... Anyways can it be as bad as one Kamen Rider we know? knock on wood.

Yes, and enough with the aniverseries, you obvously can't do the whole celebration thing right.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

That suit is going to be a bitch to keep clean.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

dancercotillion wrote:That suit is going to be a bitch to keep clean.

Well, at least Kamen Riders stopped playing in every puddle they can find... And space is cleaner; right?

Stain removal companies gonna love them
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

DrowningFishy wrote:Yes, and enough with the aniverseries, you obvously can't do the whole celebration thing right.
Gokaiger says "Hi don't forget me!"
Spinster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
My boom: Survive Forms

Post by Spinster »

In space, no-one can hear you henshin.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

On a closer look, the belt doesn't look that impressive (and it's still too huge, record holder for the biggest Rider Belt?)

Oh well, can't wait to see how it works and what cool sounds they'll be using for the belt

Also, that Rocket Punch looks ridiculous
There are better designs for a Rocket Punch, usually smaller and more compact so it looks cool and doesn't look ridiculous, but they did it literally by attaching a Rocket to his arm -_-
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
ScatterBrain
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen rider Faiz
Dreamy: Yuuto
Favorite Actor?: Yuichi Nakamura
Favorite Band: AAA
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Everything Japanese!
Quote: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

Post by ScatterBrain »

His head is Buzz Lightyears packaging box from the movie toy story only repainted with a kamen rider face. It is so lame looking.
With the early kamen rider suits (showa) you can think that some of them look silly now, but understand that at the time they would have looked cool to that generation. THIS is almost embarasing for any of the previous riders, even stronger with its huge head looks better than this. I realise KR is "for kids" but that form and that attack looks like its from a show aimed at toddlers, like the teletubies or something, im expecting one of his limbs to have a noonoo atachment.
And isnt it a bit to much like birth anyway; having those switches/buttons/whatever on his belt cause his limbs to get a different weapon?
Points to who ever made the David Bowey joke, was wondering when that would show up.
I just hope this series has some interesting characters and MOTW or this series will suck so bad so quickly. And is it me or does the rider look like he is trying to do a hair style from the musical Grease? Thats not what his actors haristyle is normally, so why go for somthing weird like that? are they hoping it will distract us from his rider forms rocket head?
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, there is an idea and ideas are bulletproof!
TrueZero
7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
My boom: Detective Conan

Post by TrueZero »

Admittedly, I was hoping against the 4 parts setup, OOO managed 3 parts OK, but four may prove to be overkill.

As for the appearance of the suit, I would have preferred it to be more of a Kabuto-style system, a more streamlined and manouverable suit for ground battles, and a blockier, more spacesuit styled look for space battles.

Either way, I'm hoping we get a large amount of the fights happening in space. It would make the suits better designed, and much more appropriate, if that doesn't happen, I'll fall back on the story if it's good, maybe Fourze's going to have some form of Space Opera style epic?
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
SeonArikale
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: Mecha

Post by SeonArikale »

There's something about this year for me where a lot of franchises are being met with a, "...I'm gonna have to wait and see." Gundam AGE, This, inFamous 2 (which ended up being awesome btw), among others. Honestly, my first thought when I saw Fourze was, "So...he kicked an Eldar, from 40k, stole his helmet, grabbed a suit, stuck some Playstation buttons on it, and has a rocket punch?" This isn't necessarilly bad, but in stills it's looking awkwards, especially without any context for all of it.
Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Doguso »

I usually give a series a chance, and the suit design isn't too bad... until I saw the belt... and the giant rock fist. They both look really awkward... either this series will be REALLY good or a little odd. At least we have OOO for now, I'm a little scared to see the new series.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
DrowningFishy wrote:Yes, and enough with the aniverseries, you obvously can't do the whole celebration thing right.
Gokaiger says "Hi don't forget me!"
Gokaiger is Sentai not Kamen Rider, last I checked two differnt writers. If they were just as talented as they are in the Sentai region decade would not have been a crash and burn for some fans.

Either way, I'm hoping we get a large amount of the fights happening in space. It would make the suits better designed, and much more appropriate, if that doesn't happen, I'll fall back on the story if it's good, maybe Fourze's going to have some form of Space Opera style epic?
Space Opera, well you never know. If the plot is good who cares if the suit looks like crap. But with how OOO is being dragged out do you really thing they could pull off anything epic?
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I don't know what to think. I think the suit is ugly as sin and the belt is waaaaaay too big. But then, I remember not thinking much of W when I first saw pictures and that's turned out to be my favorite series.

I'll have to watch it before I reserve final judgement, but as of now, I'm not very keen on it.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”