NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Re: Fourze Promo 1 released

Post by ShadowX7 »

Just a suggestion, rather than using a half-English and half-Japanese catchphrase translation, just use either the full English or full Japanese word.

tl;dr
Space kitaaa sounds weird, just stick to either "Uchuu kitaaa" (and leave a TL note just like "Ore sanjou"s translation) or "SPAAAAACEEEEEEE!".
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Raitaro
Post Monkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaoranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaYellow)
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: Dekaranger
Quote: Now Count Up Your Sins!-Kamen Rider W
Mind If I Reel You In?-Uratraros
F**k This Man I'm Going Into Anime-Nostailga Critic

Post by Raitaro »

I really im excited for this series. its the first rider series that takes place at a high school. have any other riders been high school students other than leangle and V3?
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
SS- Zyuranger Carranger Timeranger Gokaiger
JSoup

Post by JSoup »

Raitaro wrote:I really im excited for this series. its the first rider series that takes place at a high school. have any other riders been high school students other than leangle and V3?
During Decade, Faiz was.
gekikara
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by gekikara »

Raitaro wrote:have any other riders been high school students other than leangle and V3?
V3 wasn't a high school student.

He was a college student, but after the first episode there really wasn't any other mention of that.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

atilim wrote:And if it's bit more like a Jdrama then it might be a relaxing show to watch but a nightmare for subbing.....
>>> What do you mean about that?? As a fan of J-dorama, I don't think that J-doramas is harder to translate than Toku, since most of them is about daily life activities compared to unusual terms/words which you can easily encounter in Toku.
Ninja_Commander wrote:I think its gonna be interesting to say the least. I mean this has to be first time we get a Kamen Rider series done as a school drama.
>>> Done as a school drama, eh. This is a nightmare in regards to the likely appearance of usual beautiful supporting characters in it. Most rider series have at least one or two beautiful (with matured look) female characters, but since this is made in school environment, the best we can get is just cute girls (ones who are not beautiful and only relies on their so-called cuteness) and it's been proven if we take a look at some of the female supporting characters in fourze promo stuff. Still hope for a good looking female teacher, though. I just can hardly stand stupid cute girls.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O

Post by atilim »

>>> What do you mean about that?? As a fan of J-dorama, I don't think that J-doramas is harder to translate than Toku, since most of them is about daily life activities compared to unusual terms/words which you can easily encounter in Toku.
Well right now about a decent part of Kamen Rider and Sentai is fighting.

If the producers and writers decide to have episodes where the daily school live of the hero has a bigger part of the show then you will have allot more text. For example with the manga Bakuman you have allot of text and the translators often pointed that out when they decide to call the manga a nightmare. Also the more they talk more that they will use unusual terms.

Having more talking is a great way for the characters to grow (something I feel they missed with OOO, Lost Ankh had so much potential) but for fansubbers it will mean that they have to work a bit harder.

About the promo itself

I really loved the counting down switching to different clips and then ''Hensin'' and I'm wondering for who the two girls are cheering for. Also main character really has a stupid hear cut.

Also about the Kitaaaa translation discussion here, I'm not a translator but if I had to guess what he was saying then it would be ''I am in space'' or something in that direction because Kita is often used in animes as ''arrived'' .
But I guess we will find out in a week or 2 because the promo looks like something from the first episode anyway.
gekikara
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by gekikara »

HyperDrake wrote: >>> Done as a school drama, eh. This is a nightmare in regards to the likely appearance of usual beautiful supporting characters in it. Most rider series have at least one or two beautiful (with matured look) female characters, but since this is made in school environment, the best we can get is just cute girls (ones who are not beautiful and only relies on their so-called cuteness) and it's been proven if we take a look at some of the female supporting characters in fourze promo stuff. Still hope for a good looking female teacher, though. I just can hardly stand stupid cute girls.
Well I LOVE "stupid cute girls"! So I'm looking forward to it! Heh!

There is a "matured" female teacher in Fourze.

Whether or not she's "beautiful" is up to you I guess.
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

I LOVE cute girls :D , seriously. Well, let us hope they have a bigger role instead of just being the eye-candy or fan-service character. That will only become stupid, as was mentioned before. Again, I really LOVE cute girls.

Off-topic :
SUPERLIKE HyperDrake's Final Form lineup.
Last edited by Skull Rider on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
tzecco
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by tzecco »

I just have a hard time taking this Rider serious because with the antenna on his helmet he looks like he's comically angry all the time.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

atilim wrote:If the producers and writers decide to have episodes where the daily school live of the hero has a bigger part of the show then you will have allot more text. For example with the manga Bakuman you have allot of text and the translators often pointed that out when they decide to call the manga a nightmare. Also the more they talk more that they will use unusual terms.

Having more talking is a great way for the characters to grow (something I feel they missed with OOO, Lost Ankh had so much potential) but for fansubbers it will mean that they have to work a bit harder.
>>> Well, you've a decent point there. So, it's a matter of 'quantity' (more lines to translate) over 'quality' (difficult terms/words) in terms of the possible nightmares in subbing the show, right. If that's the case then I'd say that they'll still enjoy translating it coz it seems that they're not the kind who put quotas (the number of translated projects as their top priority) over the qualities of it (hopefully so).
gekikara wrote:There is a "matured" female teacher in Fourze.
>>> Well, I guess I have to bet all on the teacher then (and the cheerleader perhaps), coz the others are out-of-the-question in regards to my personal taste.
Beauties in Kamen Riders (in my personal definition) >>>
Ryuki >> Momoi Reiko; Faiz >> Sonoda Mari, Abe Rina, Kageyama Saeko/Lobster Orphenoch;
Blade >> Yoshinaga Miyuki/Orchid (queen) Undead, Jo Hikaru/Tiger (queen) Undead;
Hibiki >> Tachibana Kasumi, Takizawa Midori, Hime; Kabuto >> Kusakabe Hiyori, Misakinu Yuzuki;
Den-O >> Nogami Airi, Hana, Naomi; Kiva >> Aso Megumi, Suzuki Mio, Maya; Decade >> Hikari Natsumi;
W >> Sonozaki Wakana, Sonozaki Saeko; OOO >> Satonaka Erika, Mezool (human)
Let's let us hope this cycle of beauties continue in Kamen Rider
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

"Dad, are you space?" "Yes, son. Now we can be a family again."
ImageImage
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

KickHopper wrote:"Dad, are you space?" "Yes, son. Now we can be a family again."
No..nononononononono. the quote is "Dad! I'm in space! I'm proud of you son. Dad, are you in space? Yes, now we are a family again."

Oh and for the record, ONORE LUNA for frying my brain with that annoying Core and its SPAAAAACE ;_; -falls over-
Now back to topic, Fourze I can't really say whether it's bad or good since it hasn't aired yet. The design still gets to me though, bu I'm sure it'll pass over time (tbh, I never hated W or OOO so yah)
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

If only Fourze's eyebrows were longer, like Double's. Those were cool. His bike mecha looks cool, if a bit blatantly CG.

I'd prefer it if the catchphrase had a floating translation, changing based on context. Almost all of us can hear "uchuu kitaa" with our ears, so it can be recognized as a catchphrase even if the context changes from "Space has come to the palm of my hand" to "Space is soooooooo cool!"
ScatterBrain
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen rider Faiz
Dreamy: Yuuto
Favorite Actor?: Yuichi Nakamura
Favorite Band: AAA
My boom: Everything Japanese!
Quote: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

Post by ScatterBrain »

NeoStorm wrote: Now back to topic, Fourze I can't really say whether it's bad or good since it hasn't aired yet. The design still gets to me though, bu I'm sure it'll pass over time (tbh, I never hated W or OOO so yah)
I never hated W or OOO's design, infact i thought the ideas behind both (the combo switching gimick) was a great idea both for the fight scenes and for making a profit with the toys.
However the character portrails in W were a real turn off for me, though again the idea of the story was good. I did watch it all the way through but by the end of it all I just wanted to strangle Akiko for making the series too goofy.
OOO for me has no problems, the Story is really good, the characters and especially the villans were interesting and the rider systems themselves are really good (though proto birth seems like a lousy way to try and sell another toy).
Fourze however was a turn off for many people, myself included, because of that ridiculas head. However, with this promo and the first trailer which will probably be subbed soon I will admit Im really interested to see how this series goes. Okay the suits a bit weird and the food droids are INCREDIBLY ridiculas but the idea of the switches is at least enough to make it somwhat different whilst still keeping the mix and match combo W and OOO has been doing.
The highschool setting should provide a good aray of characters aswell, hopefully without making them to Doubly. By the way i thought the cheerleader would be the Libby of the series but by the look of the promo shes cheering on fourze with his friends, so thats different from having the cheerleader be the bitch of the school.
Oh and one more thing shown in the promo that has changed my mind: FOURZE HAS A FREAKIN ROBOT!!! Thats gota be the first one since Faiz! sure den o and kiva had denliner and castle doran but Faiz's robot was the best for me, it was a transformer for crying out loud! and this one already looks like its gona be a pretty cool adition.
Nothing else to say really except SSSSPPPAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCEEEE (kita)
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, there is an idea and ideas are bulletproof!
Nova
7X

Post by Nova »

Nice!
Looking forward to the first episode! :)

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”