Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Tendou <3
Favorite Band: Modestep
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Me woman.

Re: Fourze 01 released

Post by Solidarity »

Me and the missus thoroughly enjoyed that, made us piss, it's like the Japanese Glee....

Thanks guys for an excellent job :).

SD and HD up on me server now, enjoy!!
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

Phoenix512 wrote:Man that was a trip. Nothing like being in high school where everyone is separated in groups in the cafeteria. I hope Shun broke his shoulder while beating up Gentarou for kidnapping Yuuki.

I think the secret base is a TARDIS. Gentarou is like "I'm going to beat you up, monster. As soon I figured how to use this thing." It was rather funny for Yuuki to tell Gentarou to do a Henshin pose when it wasn't necessary at all. Also when he use the rocket, I'm surprised he didn't say, "How I'm supposed to turn off this thing?"

I'm feeling a crazy anime high school vibe with Fourze which is a good thing.
I'll have to admit, for the first episode it really blew me away. Combining the action and coolness of Kamen Rider, with a high school drama setting may prove to be a big success. Too early to say however, but I'm liking it already ^^. Overall, keep those episodes coming! And on one little side note, who loves Fourze's Rocket Drill kick, which leaves him spinning like a top after the blow?
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

the helmet still looks stupid though!

And calling it now....our 2e rider will be Utahoshi Kengo. He is almost like Gotou who really wants to be a hero but can't be.
I was a little disconcerted by how much Yuuki smiled during her explanation for the belt, but I decided in the end that I liked it. She's kind of the fluffy schoolgirl and while the situation would be dangerous in real life, it really didn't seem like it was meant to be overly serious. I'm sure the Orion guy was glad to wait for them to do their explanation and transformation. It's in their contract as villains.
I also had the same impression when seeing that girl Yuuki small the entire time. If this wasn't part of her character I would think that she was mocking our hero.

Also when she just left Gentarou after being knocked out to go their secret base it was kind of cruel of her...(at least I assume they just left him since non of those 2 would be able to carry him to the nursery)

The kick of Fourze was kind of cool and even if it looks like he has toys stock to his arms and legs the rocket really makes it cool..

First episode overall was decent, you got a better impression of our current hero then all of the older rider. Usually you don't really get to know the Rider during the first few episodes.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

takenoko wrote:Bums: Kenzaki is a freeloader, Takumi is some wandering weird guy, Shouichi freeloader, Yuusuke freeloader, what the heck does Tendou do in his free time?, Wataru introvert, Tsukasa freeloader, and finally Eiji is a freeloader.
>>> I wonder why this fact never crossed my mind before.
m4rc0 wrote:I mean, they could name the principal Terror Macro and the organization Dogma.
>>> Or Terror M4rc0.

About this eps.
>>>

- Storyline >> School life and space theme. Well, haven't an opinion yet.

- Characters >>
1. Gentarou >> I expected him to be more of a bad ass than a wanna-be-friends-with-all type. Too bad. But, let's see him in the next eps.
2. Kengo >> Ass face. He doesn't have a handsome face as a guy who treats her junior fan like that. Is his role like that of Ankh-type or Gotou-type?? He's definitely Fourze's sidekick for sure.
3. Yuuki >> Not my type but her curvaceous figure deserves my props. Her personality is more lovable than Hina, though. Anyway, do you guys have any idea why they arranged for her captured pose to be that way? I mean, that thug who subdues her must be having a good time of his life.
4. The cheerleader leader >> The rightful successor to Satonaka Erika. She's a beauty but a lil' too skinny, though. I've watched her before in "Maria-sama ga miteru" together with Mezool's actress.
5. The American football ace >> Oh yeah, finally, a douchebag. Apparently, the actor does have the talent and the look in portraying a douchebag role.
6. The female teacher >> I had a lot of expectation for her, but I'm not that into her. She's a decent gravure idol as far as I know.
7. The Goth Girl >> What happened to the most beautiful girl in Fourze?? Well, for the sake of the role only, it's okay, I think.
Spoiler

8. The mysterious man in the end of eps. >> He's an astute actor in J-dorama tv shows. I watched him in period dorama where he acts as one of Taira no Kiyomori's sons.

Overall, I am quite satisfied with most characters in Fourze story. Let's hope for the actors/actresses to do a good job in the next coming episodes.

- Action >> Looking at his gears especially the switches stuff, he must have a lot of those things waiting to be unveiled. Fourze's type of equipment resembles that of Birth and Super-1 from the looks of things. So, this time we have a technological-based rider as the main rider?? I believe that's the case.
1. Mystical based >> Kuuga, Agito, Hibiki, Kiva, OOO
2. Technological based >> Faiz, Decade,
3. Hybrid >> Ryuki, Blade, Kabuto, Den-O, W
TN_Rock_Lee
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO

Post by TN_Rock_Lee »

Loved it!! As soon as OOO finished my anticipation for this series exploded in the past week (can't believe the year went by so quick), to the point that I dreamt I was Fourze last night... And I rarely ever dream about this kind of stuff hehe

Really loving the high school setting even if it is over the top, can't wait to see how they handle his identity as Fourze with the chance any student can walk past while he transforms. The characters are over the top but I'm sure they'll lower the level as the series goes on.

The suit and driver have completely grown on me, and I thought I had a year where there would be less toy buying too... Loved the chainsaw leg, and the booster on the back of his suit reminds me of Accel Booster, thus we have a Birth + Accel Booster fusion going on. Based on when he was grabbing the switches to put them in the driver you can see that there's a total of 40 switches (wallet overkill :( the 24 Core medals were hard enough to get...), so looks like you guys have your work cut out for you with the subtitle graphics.

The monster designs are rather interesting this time, although they fall short of W and OOO, but still good. Not a fan of the food droids, feels like they just traded cans for food, the candroids from OOO at least fit in with the Core Medal animals and looked cool, these just look pointless and stupid... Probably the only disappointing thing for me in the series so far.

Lastly the theme's great, already caught on like WBX and Anything Goes did. Will be interesting to see what other songs they bring out as I love all of OOO's form themes. Also Goth girl = Apple Ipad product placement haha

Can't wait for episode 2!!
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

Most of the stuff I was gonna say has already been said, but that doesn't stop me.

I'll say this, Gen's hair looks a lot better on him than it did on Satonaka. Yeah, the pompadour does take some getting used to, but his overall bancho look (I love those shoes, but he's really only just missing some wooden clogs) is unique enough to work and he pulls it off. His personality is a bit more high-strung than I was expecting, but he totally makes it work. That motion of slicking back his hair at the end while in the suit was priceless.

Kengo, I think I can understand why he's a dick. If you were involved in Rider stuff, had the belt, had the equipment, had the secret moon base, had more than enough reason to want to get in there and wreck stuff, but had such a bad Constitution roll that just using the support mecha completely wipes you out, you'd hate everyone too.

Yuuki is a godsend to me after OOOs, end of story. A female lead who jumps in there, gets involved with things, gives actual advice during the fight, AND tells you that posing like a badass is part of the henshin whether you think it is or not is a female lead I truly enjoy seeing, and I only hope they don't end up angsting her out somehow later on. And the fact that she got to do a secret handshake with a guy in a Rider suit damn well oughta be on the girl's acting credits from here on out.

For the stereotypes, not a whole lot to say just yet. The cheerleader girl practically melted into thin air the moment Shun walked into the room, Shun himself is an appropriately written asshole jock (And I think I heard from a friend that his actor is actually half-caucasian. It does explain why he looks better as a football player than I was expecting.) and the party dude and otaku girl got no screentime yet, so not much to say. As for the teachers, they're probably just there to be teachers and give tests and homework on occasion and generally give the illusion that we're actually trying to learn stuff at school, instead of just doing Rider stuff the whole time.

As for the suit, I like it. It ends up looking a LOT better in action than it did during the promo stuff. Even the rocket helmet is less painful to look at. As for his equips, they look like they're going to get used more like W's forms did, which is really good and means we'll see most of them on a pretty regular basis. And that chainsaw leg, oh my god. My first thought of that thing was "That thing looks badass." immediately followed by "Holy crap, he actually landed hits with it."
Inferno_Angel
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Decade, Kiva, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIP
My boom: HENSHIN!!!

Post by Inferno_Angel »

Thanks for the release....
:D
zeta_gundam wrote:[ Image ]
So last year it was "GREEED", this year it's "Roket"?

[ Image ]
"Radar" became "Rader"... Gosh...

Someone get the producers a dictionary.
Well, i think the producer want to combine word Radar + Rider = Rader....
But why Rocket became Roket?
Kinda weird....

I think they really need dictionary....
:lol:

Spoiler
Looking forward for their action in space.. :)
通りすがりの仮面ライダーだ、覚えておけ!
Tōrisugari no Kamen Raidā da, oboeteoke!
Just a passing through Kamen Rider, remember that!

Henshin!

KAMENRIDE
DECADE

markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

That was wacky and crazy and I'm not sure if it wasn't too much for me... However there were some fun parts. Not quite ready to judge yet, we'll see. Does anyone else think that the teacher looks kinda like Eri from Goseiger or is it just me...?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Daimonji Shun, the football jock, is actually half Caucasian like a few of you have noticed. His real name is Tomomori Justin, and he's half Japanese, half Australian. Apparently it was his dream to be in Kamen Rider, and his favorite series were Black and W.
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

Sounds like a good guy. I almost feel bad about admitting I can't wait to see Gen punch him in the face now.
GraveZero
Infinity
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: Nexus

Post by GraveZero »

Actually, I hestiantly say that Utahoshi's weak body makes sense. Being in space lowers your bone density, lesser gravity would make you weak cos you dont need to move much and as far as we know Kengo spends huge amounts of time on the moon so, logically, he'd get weaker as a result of the lesser gravity.

But on the flipside Kengo Utahoshi, re-arranges to Takeshi Hongou. Which is pretty neat.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

GraveZero wrote:Actually, I hestiantly say that Utahoshi's weak body makes sense. Being in space lowers your bone density, lesser gravity would make you weak cos you dont need to move much and as far as we know Kengo spends huge amounts of time on the moon so, logically, he'd get weaker as a result of the lesser gravity.
>>> The low gravity' side effect is not the main cause of his sorry state. He says,"why was I born with this body", after both Gentarou and Yuuki leave him in the HQ. It means that he's been a weakling since long ago. The low gravity' side effect only worsen his condition.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

This show seems to be an over-the-top full of cliches show.

It was a blast to watch.

I wasn´t sure about the suit design the first time saw it, but i gave it the benefit of the doubt and i can say that it certainly works, seiji takaiwa has done his magic once again.

I also had my doubts about the school setting, it certainly has everything i have already seen in every other shows with a school setting, but everything is so over the top that is really fun to watch, i mean seriusly, the Kinnikuman? since when that´s a high school cliche? or rather since when they are supposed the dress like prison immates? I think they got the wrong cliche there.

I´ve got to admit that for the kamen rider franchise, the idea of a high school rider is really fresh, as far as i recall there hasn´t been a rider in that age before (youngest rider ever?), the idea of space seems neat, kind of reminds me of Super-1, mostly because of the interchangeable parts, but it certainly has an unique feel to it.

The main lead is.......i really don´t know what to think, is a good character, that´s for sure, but is kind of hard to imagine him in the role of rider hero, maybe that´s why he has such an unique support cast, actually i thought the idea of kengo supporting him from his "base" was kind of cool, not to mention that "main female lead whose name i have yet to learn" seems more involved than any of the recent ones, kind of reminds me of hana because she is so involved in the kamen rider thing.

Anyways, it was a really fun thing to watch, didn´t make the tinyest sense but it was awesome, looking forward to see if they manage to keep this up.

Thanks for the release!!!!
Last edited by Ivanhobe on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

GraveZero wrote:Actually, I hestiantly say that Utahoshi's weak body makes sense. Being in space lowers your bone density, lesser gravity would make you weak cos you dont need to move much and as far as we know Kengo spends huge amounts of time on the moon so, logically, he'd get weaker as a result of the lesser gravity.

But on the flipside Kengo Utahoshi, re-arranges to Takeshi Hongou. Which is pretty neat.
Maybe he was born in space? I remember they went into that issue in Planetes anime/manga.
Rashef
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W, Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 2
My boom: Monkey Island

Post by Rashef »

Wow, what a... blast. :]
Strangely enough... I like the new rider already (both the character and the transformed form).
Seems it'll be an utility based rider (1 form + tools) ... prolly a mid season upgrade and a final form to boot. The charaters and their quirks seem to be quite interesting, i hope they'll get developed more than just to provide a filled background. Also... the effect on the rider's eyes was quite interesting when they got darker before the fight, makes one wonder how will they utilize this gimmick to set the overall mood. And for some reason i can't hate Kengo and his attitude of not wasting time because i've got a strange hunch he's on borrowed time already. :[
Overall, 5 Subarashis out of 5, a great start to the new series.
My Copyright Infringing folder with random assortment of ripped Kamen Rider SFX is found right... HERE.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”