Wiki Link

< OOO | Fourze | Wizard >
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: KR Fourze 09 released

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Random Observations

Fire States, especially the gun, is way too bulky for my tastes... much like almost everything else about Fourze.

Am I the only one, or does the activation for the Gatling Switch seem awkward as well. I foresee problems for the props department in making sure that it spins freely.

The Zodiart kept me guessing this episode but I've actually got to hand it to the writers on this one. Its a creative use of a rather obscure constellation. Also the design, specifically the long, bulb shaped staff, makes me wonder if there allowing a bit of traditional Chinese astronomy to sneak in since part of Ara is the Chinese constellation the Pestle.

Finally, more Yuuki/Tomoko personal space invading subtext. Yay! (I've got my yuri goggles on tight for this and I'm not taking them off any time soon)
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Fidchell wrote:Heat putting out fire does not really seem too out there... the facvt that the switch controls heat shoudl mean that it can "take it away" by making itabsent, therefore shooting out... um.. cold?
>>> If there was any Chill/Water switch in Fourze and using your logic >>> Chill/Water putting out ice/water does not really seem too out there... the facvt that the switch controls chill/water shoudl mean that it can "take it away" by making itabsent, therefore shooting out... um.. hot/heat?
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

That's not how physics works. You cannot remove cold because cold is itself the absence of heat energy. You would be removing nothing, therefore leaving... nothing.

It's why (I'm simplifying here, before any actual physics experts kill me) the air fans blow seems colder - not because they have an actual cooling effect (the opposite actually, inefficiencies in the mechanism will generate heat energy as a byproduct) but because it is only acting upon the air itself, and not the energy within it. The air is not being cooled, merely temporarily seperated from it's heat.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

Fire-1 is called Fire-1, but he doesn't shoot flames. He puts them out. Why is everyone so surprised about Fire State then? Not everything has to be literal.

Really, guys, you're all speaking too soon. The form just debuted, it may have other things it can do. And that is where my gripe with multiple forms come from. They have so many forms that they don't have time to show the full potential of each form. OOO even skipped several combinations (but who's keeping score of that, anyway?)
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

I really like Fire States. It's very "fire-department issue", simple and bright. It'll probably have a fire-spewing Limit Break as well, but that foam should come in handy against pyrokinetic Zodiarts. I don't see why people don't like it. If you were building a space suit for generic use, wouldn't something that can stop a base-wrecking fire be better than a dangerous weapon? Fourze already has enough weapons, in any case.

I hope Nozama becomes a Zodiart. Kamen Rider is all about using the powers of evil for a good purpose. The "purified" enemy powers of recent series just don't feel the same.

So far, Fourze has been better than Double plot-wise. The lack of a detective motif lets them get to the good parts, which is what all high school teens want. It's a pretty subtle thing, but I think it really adds to the feel of the story.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Therm_Kitty wrote:I really like Fire States. It's very "fire-department issue", simple and bright. It'll probably have a fire-spewing Limit Break as well, but that foam should come in handy against pyrokinetic Zodiarts. I don't see why people don't like it. If you were building a space suit for generic use, wouldn't something that can stop a base-wrecking fire be better than a dangerous weapon? Fourze already has enough weapons, in any case.
Exactly. you guys are forgetting that, In-universe, Fourze was probably designed for space exploration and to solve any emergency during a mission. it IS very effective in combat, but it isn't his primary function.
about the trailer
Spoiler
i REALLY expect an explanation for ankh's return, but i'm very happy to see him
NeoSef
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: KR Ryuki
Dreamy: Yuzuki Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Hiroshi Fujioka
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Spaaaace!
Quote: 'Now we're living on the edge, more like living on a prayer!'

Post by NeoSef »

locuas wrote:
Therm_Kitty wrote:I really like Fire States. It's very "fire-department issue", simple and bright. It'll probably have a fire-spewing Limit Break as well, but that foam should come in handy against pyrokinetic Zodiarts. I don't see why people don't like it. If you were building a space suit for generic use, wouldn't something that can stop a base-wrecking fire be better than a dangerous weapon? Fourze already has enough weapons, in any case.
Exactly. you guys are forgetting that, In-universe, Fourze was probably designed for space exploration and to solve any emergency during a mission. it IS very effective in combat, but it isn't his primary function.
about the trailer
Spoiler
i REALLY expect an explanation for ankh's return, but i'm very happy to see him
Kengo mentioned in the second episode that Fourze was 'emergency gear', so I can only assume that it's a quick solution for whatever may go wrong in space exploration. Probably also explains why it's a henshin device rather than a regular old suit as well. In any case I really like the idea that this is not some combat made suit of armour like the in some previous Rider shows (555, Blade, Ryuki, Kabuto etc).
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

boys can't be witches? That's sexism! XD

I like Yuki better with black hair.

So, 20 is hot/cold hands. We still need super and power hands.

I like Tomoko, so I'm liking this arc.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”