Go-Busters versus AkibaRangers

Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >

Which Sentai is the better one this season?

Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
35%
Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger
65%

Total votes: 79
TheXev
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki

Re: Go-Busters versus AkibaRangers

Post by TheXev »

locuas wrote:First of all, i consider myself a power rangers fan. But i have to say, if MMPR had better succes, it was because zyuuranger wasn't a great series, eiter. What i mean is, Burai was more or less the only good thing about it. the rest was average at best. if MMPR was adapted from Jetman, it would have been a failure in japan.
ZyuRanger was the Gobuster of its time.. following a highly rated show that rox0red u box0rz. Funny thing about that, Saban's first endeavor before Power Rangers was to attempt and simply dub Jetman into English and air it here.. I guess it tanked in testing. I agree though, Zyuranger is a pretty big yawn fest outside of the villains. I just feel that Sentai might actually do better here now if it was dubbed, since the plots aren't nearly as bland as that generation (I can't imagine how comical that dub of Jetman was.. that series was far from bland), and you have a few generations of people who grew up on dubbed Jacky Chan movies and have no issues with showing them to their children (some of those movies).

Toei doesn't make most of the shows money back on sponsors, its toys! And Bandai probably was like "Yeahhh, lets do this Power Ranger thing so we can break into the American market and sell these toys all over again in a larger market!!" It had nothing to do with Saban throwing money at them, doing a deal made sense for both: 1) Saban would earn royalties for the adaption 2) Sell more toys. I mean, if it wasn't for the toy sales, why would Bandai have hung in with Power Rangers when Disney was nose diving it into the ground? They must have been thrilled to see Saban approach Disney for rights again!

As far as I know, every Power Rangers series has been dubbed into Japanese and aired there since the original...? I mean, Japanese love their alternate universes. Even Kamen Rider Dragon Knight was dubbed into Japanese (and man, the theme song they got kicks serious ass).
Goty
Adventure
Favorite series: Faiz/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger/Jetman

Post by Goty »

TheXev wrote:
locuas wrote:As far as I know, every Power Rangers series has been dubbed into Japanese and aired there since the original...?
No. They just dubbed SPD last year, after 10 years without any sign of Power Rangers in Japan. And now they'll do Mystic Force.

And no dubbed PR has ever made more success than its Sentai counterpart in Japan, that's an absurd internet lie. PR airs on cable in Japan, and Toei-channel has obviously a much, much smaller viewership than Tv Asahi. Toei wouldn't ignore PR for 10+ years if it had any impact on their audience.
Banjo
Infinity

Post by Banjo »

Go-Busters bores me to tears, to be honest. None of the characters are interesting. And I can't watch 50 episodes of a Sentai series if I don't love the characters. I can usually tell in the first episode. I gave it three but quit. It does have slick production value, I'll give it that. The CGI is probably the best I've seen in Super Sentai.

AkibaRanger though... this show is everything I never knew I wanted, until I watched it. It's hilarious and I love all of the characters. It would be cruel if it only lasted about 10 episodes. I want it to go on... FOREVER!!!
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Banjo wrote:Go-Busters bores me to tears, to be honest. None of the characters are interesting. And I can't watch 50 episodes of a Sentai series if I don't love the characters. I can usually tell in the first episode. I gave it three but quit. It does have slick production value, I'll give it that. The CGI is probably the best I've seen in Super Sentai.

AkibaRanger though... this show is everything I never knew I wanted, until I watched it. It's hilarious and I love all of the characters. It would be cruel if it only lasted about 10 episodes. I want it to go on... FOREVER!!!
Hate to break it to you pal, but AkibaRanger is only lasting for around 12 to 13 episodes.
Banjo
Infinity

Post by Banjo »

ReversedSentai wrote:Hate to break it to you pal, but AkibaRanger is only lasting for around 12 to 13 episodes.
Can you confirm that? I still have not seen a credible source on how many episodes this show will have. Just a lot of speculation
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Banjo wrote:
ReversedSentai wrote:Hate to break it to you pal, but AkibaRanger is only lasting for around 12 to 13 episodes.
Can you confirm that? I still have not seen a credible source on how many episodes this show will have. Just a lot of speculation
It's been said that it's on the official website somewhere.
SuperSentaifan4ever
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by SuperSentaifan4ever »

Banjo wrote:
I keep hearing that as well but can't find the exact place on the official website where it says that, and I can't read Japanese!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I can't find it on the website, but Amazon Japan has all of the DVDs available for preorder and it lists volume 4 as the last volume, so since there's only 4 episodes per volume...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's not even four episodes per disc. Volume 4 says it's 3 episodes and that episode 12 is the last one. Sorry, guys! As in all those Akibaish, the truth is painful.
kanjitech1988
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Too many honestly
Favorite Band: coldrain
My boom: Kamen Rider Fourze

Post by kanjitech1988 »

Even though it probably won't be posted for a while...

Don't post unmarked spoilers for episodes not released

Right now, I'm trying to catch back up with Go-Busters. Its starting to get to me but its taking its time as well.
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

I like both stories, so there I can't compare, so I'm going to go with the actors instead. (Mainly, the actors who has been in Tenimyu - and other musicals - earlier.)

Akibarangers have Wada and Takagi Shinpei. I laughed out loud at the reference to GekiBlue/Takagi Manpei (and it would have been even funnier if Shinpei's character had had a twin) Wada was an okay Sengoku (Tenimyu) but not my favorite, same goes for Shinpei as Momoshiro.

Go-Busters have Baba Ryoma and Hiroya (whom I'll always first and foremost think of as Juliet in the Air Gear musicals and Chidori from Boys Love). Baba Ryoma as Tezuka (tenimyu) really REALLY grew on me, and Hiroya is GOLD.

So that said... Go-Busters! :D
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

I think both shows are good.
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

I can not choose. They both have their things that make them unique.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Gottis wrote:I like both stories, so there I can't compare, so I'm going to go with the actors instead. (Mainly, the actors who has been in Tenimyu - and other musicals - earlier.)

Akibarangers have Wada and Takagi Shinpei. I laughed out loud at the reference to GekiBlue/Takagi Manpei (and it would have been even funnier if Shinpei's character had had a twin) Wada was an okay Sengoku (Tenimyu) but not my favorite, same goes for Shinpei as Momoshiro.

Go-Busters have Baba Ryoma and Hiroya (whom I'll always first and foremost think of as Juliet in the Air Gear musicals and Chidori from Boys Love). Baba Ryoma as Tezuka (tenimyu) really REALLY grew on me, and Hiroya is GOLD.

So that said... Go-Busters! :D
Go-Busters also has Jinnai Sho going for it. Not enough hype for second season TeniMyu in my considered opinion, but second season St. Rudolph blew first season's out of the water.

Also YES! To Juliet. AirMyu is a thousand percent quality.

I also love both shows too much to pick between them, but my instinct goes towards Go-Busters, partly because it's official, and partly because as much as I love Wada Masato (my favorite D-Boy now that Channaka has officially retired), D2 will always win my vote.
HW-DiEnd
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Luka Milfly
Favorite Actor?: Anna Nagata
Favorite Band: Motörhead
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Yorozuya Gin-Chan
Quote: "The world is a lonely place,you're on your own..."

Post by HW-DiEnd »

Unofficial.Akibaranger is still the best Sentai ever.Hope we could see more scenes of Malshiina ;D

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”