Go-Busters is a pretty good, so why aren't people liking it?

Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Re: Go-Busters is a pretty good, so why aren't people liking

Post by Ivanhobe »

True, i guess J Stag reminds me of Deneb because his relationship with Jin reminds me of Yuuto, not only the beatings but also the way he embarrasses his partner.

And Gorisaki´s personality might be more like Deneb´s, but Deneb is way more over the Top in his antics.
takatomon
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by takatomon »

In all honesty, I don't understand why there is so much hate for Go-Busters. But I can say that because of Gokaiger/Akibarangers that the fanbase really got spoiled and now expect something of that magnitude. Gokaiger was filled with fan service, nostalgia and a trip down memory lane, how can you possibly expect a season to follow up with that much momentum? While I don't want to use Gokaiger as the scapegoat as in why people don't like Go-Busters, admit it, Go-Busters was left with a huge disadvantage. Not to mention, yes, Gokaiger characters were immediately likeable but they didn't really get a whole lot of screentime (due to jam packing of Sentai-nostalgia) and the clear obvious influences from One Piece. As mentioned before, Go-Busters really is working with a clean slate.

I'm seeing a lot of people saying that people don't connect with the characters. But isn't that really true with most Sentai series anyway? I mean my goodness sake, Shinkenger, one of my favourite Sentais EVER, it took me MONTHS to even like Ryuunosuke, I simply did not understand his behaviour as well as couple of characters who initially started off with very bland characters. It takes time for characters to develop and I think Toei is doing an excellent highlighting the characters as it is very much intermingled with the story itself.

I personally love the characters and the age differences that reflect their personality. Yoko, acts like a relatively naive but with attitude teenager, Hiromu is fairly young, straightforward and blunt and Ryuuji is a father figure with a slight denial of his old age. I find these characteristics are perhaps not so much in your face but they definitely do have characters.

All in all, I find that Go-Busters is a series that you need to put your thinking cap on and enjoy the small nuances that make the series all the more better. This season to me, content and story wise is better handled than Gokaiger (in my opinion) and I find myself enjoying the episodes a lot more than ever.

Definite candidate for top 3 Sentais for me.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takatomon wrote:Not to mention, yes, Gokaiger characters were immediately likeable but they didn't really get a whole lot of screentime (due to jam packing of Sentai-nostalgia)
Wha? The Gokaigers got lots of screentime. :?
I'm seeing a lot of people saying that people don't connect with the characters. But isn't that really true with most Sentai series anyway?
I dunno. I connected well with the Kakurangers and the Megarangers.
takatomon
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by takatomon »

I'm referring to the number of standalone episodes that each ranger has.
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

I'm really enjoying the show and I'm kinda surprised that it's not that popular. The action's great, I personally LOVE Enter as a villain since he's actually pretty competent and still manages to do what he wants to, and I kinda like the semi-real treatment for the mecha.
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

I think the mecha like they'd be in real life was a great move. My favourite was the Gavan 2-parter. I like 2nd openings because they're exciting. I think the glasses motif of the show is great,it reminds me of Men In Black more than anything. [Maybe they made it now because of MIB3?]

I think people don't like it because of the in-scene henshin. But we're the year after the anniversary series,so of course it's gonna experiment. Hurricanger had the split team,Gekiranger had it's debate over who counts as the Gekirangers. Don't know if any others did anything.

It could just be that people don't like change.
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Post by Glutinus »

To be honest I really enjoyed myself since the beginning.

A lot of people among you think that the show became way better thanks to Jin. Of course, the actor is a more experienced than the younger ones (for me only Ryuji is ok... and not very well-played), but the character did not bring a lot more, except the 4th and 5th ranger to complete the traditionnal team.

What I like : the screenplay is very different and more dynamic, in episode 1 I feel like not watching a Super Sentai at all. It also made me think of Gaoranger which begins immediately with action (I know, I did not watch a lot of Super Sentai series...).

I dislike the mechas scenes in general in the Super Sentai I watched, but it's only matter of 2-3 minutes. It's the same about Go-Busters, but in this series, Megazords are the real threats since, since Metaloids are minor threats, just here to get the momentum against Go-Busters.

I like the fact that Metaloids are not necesserly made to directly destroy their antagonists, they are a lesser part of a plan from the Avatars; the action-spy works very well.

In general I hate Mascots in Super Sentai, just here for a marketing reason, and Buddyroids are also parts of them.

I like the statu quo : sometimes Megazords get just enough Enetron... so that the next week the Avatars come up with another plan. And it gets less manicheism, since finally Varglass was created because of the EMC incident. Even if Messiah's objective is to dominate the world, the first step is to steal enough Enetron.

Well, for me it's more oriented to teenagers than children, not because of / thanks to "darkness" but more evoluated episodes constructions.

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.
JT515
Infinity
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: mao ichimichi
Favorite Band: M.O.V.E

Post by JT515 »

I think its because over the past year there is a lot of new sentai fans that the only ones they seen was either Shinkenger or Gokiger and since it was their first series as epic those were what do you think they are going to expect? its kinda like what i like to call is the Final Fantasy 7 effect its kinda happening with the sentai community . lots of people who has seen most of the sentai series are saying its pretty good,ok,or they like it or some love it . it just seems that the people that says it sucks is the people that were spoiled with shinkenger and gokiger or people that only seen those two.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

JT515 wrote:lots of people who has seen most of the sentai series are saying its pretty good,ok,or they like it or some love it . it just seems that the people that says it sucks is the people that were spoiled with shinkenger and gokiger or people that only seen those two.
I've seen a decent amount of sentai so far and, I didn't exactly turn out to be the biggest fan of Go-busters. :V
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

I've recently had a good talk with a friend who doesn't like Go-Busters as much, and his main 'argument' so to speak, is something along the lines of not liking how much he's rooting for the bad guys to win. I thought it was funny, since that's one of the exact reasons why I like Go-Busters so much.
HW-DiEnd
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Luka Milfly
Favorite Actor?: Anna Nagata
Favorite Band: Motörhead
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Yorozuya Gin-Chan
Quote: "The world is a lonely place,you're on your own..."

Post by HW-DiEnd »

I think the worst thing in Go-Busters is Youko. She's the worst Sentai Ranger i've ever seen. She's pretty bad in action and normal scenes,and in almost 50 episodes,around 10 or 12 are episodes with a plot trying to force the spectator to like her.

I swear that i would speak Go-Busters, but near Episode 19-20,a friend of mine said that 2 new rangers have appeared,so i decided to give it a try. The first 14 episodes were pretty terribles wihout Jin. He's the soul of the series.

Go-busters also show that Sentai Cliche that the burden goes all to the Red Ranger,and i like it.

I won't talk anything about Enter and Escape(Except the part she's hot,i got beat by my girlfriend while watching a video of her actress dressed with a bikini),i'll let BurYouMight,the Jinnai Sho fangirl,probably she would have too much mor to say about him to us,but i think in my opinion,the Vaglass in general are the second best villains in sentai history(I have a crush on the Zangyack Empire and i prefer those,even if they are childish).

Near Kyoryuger,my overall is that Go-Busters is a pretty good series,but Toei could do much better.The characters are pretty good,the Mecha Fights are awesome,especially with the Buster Hercules(Those fights remember me of Kuwaga and KabutoRaijers,from Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger),And it's always good to see Matsumoto Hiroya on screen,and Jinnai Sho too.
JT515
Infinity

Post by JT515 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
JT515 wrote:lots of people who has seen most of the sentai series are saying its pretty good,ok,or they like it or some love it . it just seems that the people that says it sucks is the people that were spoiled with shinkenger and gokiger or people that only seen those two.
I've seen a decent amount of sentai so far and, I didn't exactly turn out to be the biggest fan of Go-busters. :V
I didnt say ALL and you dont have to be a die hard go-busters fan im just saying if you go back to the beginning of what i said lots of the people that has seen a good amount of the sentai series some are huge fans and some are not they think its ok but most i repeat MOST people who says go busters sucks is people who i like to call sentai noob's these people only seen Shinkenger or gokiger and they make complaints that are invalid and at the end of the day there basicly complaining the show sucks because its not those shows. dont get me wrong i love both shinkenger and Gokiger but it seems like there getting both the final fantasy 7 effect and i can tell probably you seem to have legit complaints with the show but most people who are complaining are sentai noobs or fanboys that never moved on.i understand its not perfect but its seems there too much bs complaints.
JT515
Infinity

Post by JT515 »

HW-DiEnd wrote:I think the worst thing in Go-Busters is Youko. She's the worst Sentai Ranger i've ever seen. She's pretty bad in action and normal scenes,and in almost 50 episodes,around 10 or 12 are episodes with a plot trying to force the spectator to like her.

I swear that i would speak Go-Busters, but near Episode 19-20,a friend of mine said that 2 new rangers have appeared,so i decided to give it a try. The first 14 episodes were pretty terribles wihout Jin. He's the soul of the series.

Go-busters also show that Sentai Cliche that the burden goes all to the Red Ranger,and i like it.

I won't talk anything about Enter and Escape(Except the part she's hot,i got beat by my girlfriend while watching a video of her actress dressed with a bikini),i'll let BurYouMight,the Jinnai Sho fangirl,probably she would have too much mor to say about him to us,but i think in my opinion,the Vaglass in general are the second best villains in sentai history(I have a crush on the Zangyack Empire and i prefer those,even if they are childish).

Near Kyoryuger,my overall is that Go-Busters is a pretty good series,but Toei could do much better.The characters are pretty good,the Mecha Fights are awesome,especially with the Buster Hercules(Those fights remember me of Kuwaga and KabutoRaijers,from Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger),And it's always good to see Matsumoto Hiroya on screen,and Jinnai Sho too.
ya youko is probably the biggest joke for a sentai ranger like i like her not for a ranger but just someone to laugh at .
vick86
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
My boom: Supernatural

Post by vick86 »

I've only seen the first episode when it came out. Go-Busters was clearly an attempt at doing things differently and I'm all for trying new things with old franchises but Go-Busters may have taken that too far away from what makes a Sentai series a Sentai series. Personally what really turned me off the show was the amount of Engrish. Sorry but I'm not going to torture myself with 50 episodes of that.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The Engrish is annoying at first but they get much better about it. Honestly, you're passing up a really good series. Try the first 5 episodes first before you decide to give it up.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”