Go-Busters is a pretty good, so why aren't people liking it?

Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
SuperSentaifan4ever
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Go-Busters is a pretty good, so why aren't people liking

Post by SuperSentaifan4ever »

So some people aren't liking Go-Busters because of the fact that they don't like Youko or that they don't like the English that Jin uses periodically?

EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

JT515 wrote:
HW-DiEnd wrote:I think the worst thing in Go-Busters is Youko. She's the worst Sentai Ranger i've ever seen. She's pretty bad in action and normal scenes,and in almost 50 episodes,around 10 or 12 are episodes with a plot trying to force the spectator to like her.
ya youko is probably the biggest joke for a sentai ranger like i like her not for a ranger but just someone to laugh at .
Idk, personally, I reserve that for Rin from Dairanger lol
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

I dunno, am I the only one who LIKED Youko?

I seem to be in the same situation with Shunpei from Wizard.

<- Pro Shunpei fan
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

I don't have a problem with her.
JT515
Infinity
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: mao ichimichi
Favorite Band: M.O.V.E

Post by JT515 »

Lunchboxx wrote:I dunno, am I the only one who LIKED Youko?

I seem to be in the same situation with Shunpei from Wizard.

<- Pro Shunpei fan
I like Youko now she makes me laugh i dont know why and also her robot buddy it reminds me of my dong for some reason lol.
HW-DiEnd wrote:Idk, personally, I reserve that for Rin from Dairanger lol

now i like youko when i finally understood her character as for rin l like her . so i like rin and youko and i also like them as rangers as well .
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Favorite Actor?: Hiroya Matsumoto
Favorite Band: D'espairsray
My boom: Toku and Visual Kei
Quote: "The only way to get away from loneliness is to love it" - Moi Dix Mois

Post by KisekiRed »

Youko to me had no character. I felt nothing for her but annoyance, but that alone won't make me hate a series. Every show is probably going to have that one character that isn't very likable. I am not going to lie, but I was one of those people who said They were going to hate it for x reason. For me, it was the suits that rubbed me wrong. I hated the original three. I started to watch the episodes and hated it until Jin and J entered. Then I kept saying, "The only reason to watch Go-Busters was for Jin and J." Then slowly, Hiromu and Ryuuji warmed up to me. I began to actually like them. Slowly, Red's suit grew on me, but not Yellow or Blue. I thought Beet and Stag Buster's suits were cooler than the original's from the start. Now, Go-Busters is a season I highly recommend. It does break Sentai Convention, but in a good way. I thought the moment Jin and J entered, the way the plot progressed moved beautifully.

Enter on the other hand, is THE smartest Sentai Villain I've ever seen. I loved him since I saw him eat Pizza in the middle of the road. When his plans failed, he didn't blame it on some lackey or grunt. He just was like, "Whelp. time to move on. No use crying over it." Even when his plans failed, he seemed to succeed in some degree. Towards the end, he became smarter and smarter with the Messiah cards. He didn't carelessly create metaroids like Escape did once. He stored on card in Hiromu to preserve himself and put other Messiah cards in him for data gathering. He even was against his "master" from the beginning and planning on becoming the new Messiah. This dude deserves my respect.
Completed Rider Series: Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze
Completed Sentai Series: Dairanger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters.
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Post by Glutinus »

I feel the same about Enter. I love his suave and condescendant behavior. Hopefully Yoko's gag when he says "Ca va ?" just occurs in the two first episodes.

For me, Enter succeeded in some ways becuse a lots of his Megazords finally took enough Enetron before being defeated so he keeps continuing creating other Metaloids or summon other Megazords. It's always a statu quo.
He is also a tactician, his purpose is to get rid off the Go-Busters with different approaches. It changes about other Sentai who almost try to use brute force.

The problem of the three main characters are that they lack of charisma. Blue and Red busters sure have interesting backgrounds, blue finally has his nemesis in the character of Escape. Usually it's Red. But well the actors were so bad...

Spoiler
Shinkenger : Takeru vs Jyuzu ; Gokaiger : Marvelous vs Basco

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Favorite Actor?: Hiroya Matsumoto
Favorite Band: D'espairsray
My boom: Toku and Visual Kei
Quote: "The only way to get away from loneliness is to love it" - Moi Dix Mois

Post by KisekiRed »

I think Enter would be considered Hiromu's nemesis considering the ending
Completed Rider Series: Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze
Completed Sentai Series: Dairanger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters.
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Post by Glutinus »

Yes of course, but Enter was also the main villain and the enemies. But I agree the opposition between Hiromu and Enter grew a lot by the end, and Hiromu had a real reason to defeat him.

Considering the duels in my spoiler, they were "minor" threats (though they were key characters for the main purpose of the main villain / organization). The other rangers have a minor reason to defeat them.

Oh, I forgot something which is important : at the beginning I thought that their costumes were really nice, it was something more realistic but there is a lack of something. I do not like too flashy costumes (for me too flash are : Goseiger, Go-onger...) but too minimalists are bad too (for me minimalist are : Shinkenger, Gaoranger... if you do not look at their helmets which are very goods). Go-busters helmets were a bit ridiculous, they are supposed to be spies and they have animals helmets :-/ (of course, if there were really spies they would not have so colourful dresses... I know, it's sentai).

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

JT515 wrote: I like Youko now she makes me laugh i dont know why and also her robot buddy it reminds me of my dong for some reason lol.
:shock:
bowspearer
Go Go!
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by bowspearer »

I'm upto ep 13 and personally I've never gotten the hate. I love Gokaiger but anyone expecting it to be the norm was always going to be bitterly disapppointed. Gokaiger is the answer to the question of how a Sentai series looks when every second episode is the equivalent of a Super Sentai crossover movie. In many ways Gokaiger has spoiled sentai fans.

One thing Go-Busters has done well is make this fantastic concept very scifi. One thing I love for example, where Boukenger failed to go for example (nothing against that series though - it has a very special place in my heart as the first sentai series I watched), was the realities of how you maintain Sentai mecha that aren't some kind of magical apparition. Not only has Go-Busters gone there by openly stating there;s a team of 50 techs working on each mecha, but they even had an entire episode dealing with that side of things.

To me Go-Busters is the perfect example of a darker, more scifi based series (Dairanger would have to be my favourite series when it comes to a darker mystical series though) and to me it gets far too much of an ujustly deserved bad rap.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I don't think anyone really expected Gokaiger to be the new norm for sentai; some people just went in expecting to like Go-Bus and some people just felt it wasn't for them, is all.
bowspearer
Go Go!

Post by bowspearer »

Let's be honest though, many people went into it with Gokaiger being where they set the bar. The reality is though that no regular Sentai series was ever going to be able to compete with Gokaiger though.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I'd say it's more "some people" than "many".
bowspearer
Go Go!

Post by bowspearer »

The fact that the official word appears to be that Kyoryuger went in the complete opposite direction because the show went that poorly that toy sales suffered, suggests that was more than just "some" people.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”