How I disliked Go-Busters at first, but came to love it

Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >

Do you like Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters so far?

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 37
ookamiryuujin670
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Actor?: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Favorite Band: Exile
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: The Great Outdoors
Quote: "Dreams tend to be the kind of thing that vanish if you think you can't reach them" - Captain Marvelous
Type: INFP Healer

How I disliked Go-Busters at first, but came to love it

Post by ookamiryuujin670 »

So after watching the first episode, I was severely disappointed in the show, to the point that I honestly considered just skipping it altogether and waiting for the next series next year (I never skip a series; I even watched [and came to love] Goseiger). Just everything about it was wrong. It didn't manage to captivate me in the first episode, as most other Sentai seasons did. The characters are not all that good-looking (compare Luka Millfy to Yellow Buster girl). The suits were too plain. The actors looked way too young. Etc, etc, etc. I did like, however, that "It's Morphin' TIme" and "MegaZord" from MMPR is being used, and the storyline nod to PRRPM.

But then I decided to watch the next episode, and it had me laughing at some parts, so I decided I'd keep on going and see if the season gets better with age. I'm currently on Episode 8, and I can say that my initial impression of this show was horribly mistaken and premature judgement on my part. I think what I love the most about this show, is that it answers so many questions about Super Sentai that I didn't even know I had! For example: How do the weapons magically appear for the Super Sentai out of nowhere? Go-Busters' answer: they have a command center and full team working to transport the weapons when they need it. Another one: Where do the zords come from and where do they launch out of when the Super Sentai needs them? Go-Busters' Answer: They come from the underground command center, and the teams work on checking all systems before launching them. Things like that, you know what I mean?

I know it's probably not what the producers of the show had in mind, but I like to now think of Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters as a "training sentai" that exists to answer all these unasked questions for the fans while at the same time training the young warriors into a role as a full-on Super Sentai in a few years. This is the only explanation I have for why on earth the Super Sentai are so young this season; they are in training for a few years (it would also explain the lackluster suits) until they fully grow into their full-on role as a next upcoming Super Sentai team.

Anyway, that's all I got for right now. It's probably the most off-kilter outrageous thing you've ever heard, eh? lol :lol:
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: How I disliked Go-Busters at first, but came to love it

Post by ReversedSentai »

You really shouldn't compare Sentai seasons with each other; that's like comparing apples with oranges. Each Sentai has its own ups and downs. That's one of the main reasons why people really didn't like Go-Busters at first; they had a high expectation set from last year's Gokaiger.

Besides, Go-Busters does have its good points. The idea of a French-Japanese villian seems interesting to me at first and even now.
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by CeronosLive »

...I do hope that when you're talking about 'answers so many questions about Super Sentai that I didn't even know I had!', you're just talking about Go Busters and not Super Sentai in General. o no;
AndyChanglee
Secretly a Robot in Disguise
Favorite series: Dekarangers
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Arcee
Favorite Actor?: SideSwipe
Favorite Band: Mr.Nagasaki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Computer Science
Quote: Damn, i'm good - SideSwipe

Post by AndyChanglee »

A friend recommended this show to me because he knew I liked robots, transformer references, explosions, good action and collateral damage. I'd have to say that since those were my expectations, they were met very well.

I would agree that the main characters are a bit one sided, but I see a lot of potential for development. Other characters like Enter were thought out well though. French robots are always cool.

Anyways, I think the main thing that affects a person's opinion of a show is their expectations of it. Gokaiger has indeed impressed many, but too many people are comparing Gokaiger with Go-Busters it seems. Go-Busters has been thought out well, evident with the cool stunts, choreography and animations. There was also a change in the costume trend: the visors are colorful!

Go-Busters is full of new things that people should appreciate more while they watch this series. Not everything is dependent on last year.
Watch Go-Busters for the action, the giant robots, the cool animation and the entertaining storyline! Not to sate your thirst for another Gokaiger!
No trees were felled in the sending of this message, but some millions of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I gave up after the first few episodes.

Jin Masato has however shown me the error of my ways.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Catastrophe wrote:I gave up after the first few episodes.

Jin Masato has however shown me the error of my ways.
No one can resist Magi- err, I mean Beet Buster's wacky personality. I agree that he's quite interesting because he's bringing a bit of humor. Go-Busters have been lacking humor for a while.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I liked it before it was cool!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I like it now that IT IS cool.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

I liked it when it was announced that it would be handled by a writer I'm kind of a total fanboy for.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

Can we continue this trend?

I like after the first episode. It was a good episode. I like it even more now.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
jedimax
7X

Post by jedimax »

I have to admit that at first, I didn't like it too much. It was little things like the absence of the traditional roll call that all the other sentai teams had as well as the lack of the regular style transformations. I have since learned to enjoy the show and realize that those things changed simply because it fits the team now (If that even makes any sense. It did in my head.)
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Can I be the uber hipster and say I liked it before it even started airing?

I'm not joking either, sadly. I liked it from the moment Jinnai Sho was announced in the cast, and as a villain no less. Does that make me a raging fangirl? Yes, absolutely and unashamedly. Was I wrong? Not at all. I loved Go-Busters from the start, and continue to love it today. I started watching for Enter, no doubt, but I'm still watching it now for the rest of them, and especially for the story.

Agreed with the Kobayashi fan above too, though. :F
JT515
Infinity
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: mao ichimichi
Favorite Band: M.O.V.E

Post by JT515 »

jedimax wrote:I have to admit that at first, I didn't like it too much. It was little things like the absence of the traditional roll call that all the other sentai teams had as well as the lack of the regular style transformations. I have since learned to enjoy the show and realize that those things changed simply because it fits the team now (If that even makes any sense. It did in my head.)
ya but i now like the realtime henshin sequence pretty unique and fits well also i fell in love with their version on its morphin time with the catchy tune .

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”