Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Go-Busters 17 Released

Post by ReversedSentai »

Nice episode! Like the new narration line before the opening.

Watching Enter dressed up like a waiter at that restaurant was quite amusing.

Anyone else laughed when Jin yelled out "Oh Shit!" in English? I had to replay that line over and over again; that was just too funny.

It was pretty funny how StagBuster was about to attack, but then Jin blocked him. He was like "We didn't do the roll call yet!" XD

Enter looks really hyperactive this episode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Go-Busters 17 Released

Post by takenoko »

Pretty fun episode as always. Kind of disappointed that J didn't do that much this time.

Kind of disappointed by a few things though. That the Megazord that Enter took so long to set up was defeated in just one episode? And the explanation for Jin's BC-04 was disappointing. The work on it was stalled for 13 years because Jin disappeared? Did Jin build 01 to 03 by himself too, since the other engineers apparently can't do anything without him?

At least some plot points were set up. I bet Ryuuji is going to build a future Buster Machine.

I liked the first scene that they added to the opening, but the rest are kinda meh.

Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

I agree about the evil Megazord. Basically I thought of it this way. The plot's been going on since episode 8, so there was an excellent buildup of tension coupled to plot advances. If the result of that was simply BC-04's plans being stolen by Jin (and hence BC-04 made), then fine, that would have been a great outcome, contrary to Enter's plans or perhaps us expecting just a single, evil Megazord that would later be turned good. The problem arises from having something extra to the rewarding, good BC-04. They pointlessly introduce an enemy BC-04 Megazord which is defeated. That is anti-climatic to say the least. If they wanted to do that, they could have kept it for 2 or 3 episodes.

Nonetheless, I definitely do like the two new Go-Busters now, and I like seeing them co-operating with the other three so early. It just gets over the problem of the Go-Busters being outnumbered, and they feel like a proper Sentai now. I still would have liked more individuality in weapons, e.g. different for each one of them, or even in the way each of them uses the same weapon.

Overall, very pleased with Go-Busters.
Behold the Emperor!
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

- I'm glad they cover the plot hole of why Vaglass don't just kill Jin in the subdimension, since he's all alone over there

- Nice continuity of Hiromu training hard because he lost to Jin last episode

- Lol at Beet stopping Stag from charging before the roll call

- Lol at the new footage in the ED theme, like Kurorin dropping his cup

- Ever since Jin came back (Ryuuji's only connection to the transported Center), I've been wondering about his fighting motivation. Glad they address that here.

- Who was Enter talking to? He was using codes on screen like when he spoke to the creators, other than that head of Messiah

- I agree the new Megazoid is anti climatic

- So we have a Jin x Hiromu and Jin x Ryuuji episode, so the next one will be of Youko's?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

"Oh Shit."

I love you Jin Masato.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Slowking wrote: I still would have liked more individuality in weapons, e.g. different for each one of them, or even in the way each of them uses the same weapon.

While that would be neat, I gotta respectfully disagree. If you're a fan of Linkara, and watch his History of Power Rangers episodes, he mentions in Light speed rescue that the zords, fighting style, and overall theme was very military like.(Even though they had there own weapons as well, but that was PR, not sentai)

Go-Busters in my mind is very much like a military structure, the uniforms look military, the zords look military, and even though the weapons are camera guns, they look military in design. Besides the Camera aspect is also apart of the motif of being part of a reconnaissance group of a military structure.

On the episode itself, LOVED IT!

I nearly fell out of my seat laughing when Jin exclamed "Oh Shit!" in english.
Yeah the build-up for the zord was a bit a let down, but it does make sense for it to be a let-down. Enter REALLY DID thought that this megazord would be his grand masterpiece of defeating the Go-Busters. He has spent time throughout the show just studying and observing the Go-Busters, noting the Zords weaknesses, and figuring out all the loop holes to get through it order to even defeat Gattai.

But then Jin came along. While he's been studiying the main three, Jin was a complete inigma. Not knowing what his background was, or his own zord's machines weakness, he overestemated his Zord, and was defeated. You can even tell that Enter really did not expect this to happen. Even if Enter's zord was a 'Bootleg', Jin may have upgraded his own designs when he was still in the Sub-Dimension.

Wow this was a long post.

Btw what are the buster swords again? I'm thinking flashlights but I Cannot remember atm.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunchboxx wrote:
Slowking wrote: I still would have liked more individuality in weapons, e.g. different for each one of them, or even in the way each of them uses the same weapon.

While that would be neat, I gotta respectfully disagree. If you're a fan of Linkara, and watch his History of Power Rangers episodes, he mentions in Light speed rescue that the zords, fighting style, and overall theme was very military like.(Even though they had there own weapons as well, but that was PR, not sentai)

Go-Busters in my mind is very much like a military structure, the uniforms look military, the zords look military, and even though the weapons are camera guns, they look military in design. Besides the Camera aspect is also apart of the motif of being part of a reconnaissance group of a military structure.
Eh? I sort of don't get what you're trying to say. What are you disagreeing with and why do you suddenly start talking about military groups? The previous poster makes no mention of any such thing, so your quoting that is baffling.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Another good episode. Jin really made the difference. This kind of character suits the actor more than Tsubasa did. Or maybe he got better at acting. Either way, I didn't like Tsubasa, but Jin is very cool. I LOL'd when he said maji de ikuze. And the way he changed the dynamic between the Go-busters was pretty awesome. Yoko and Hiromu didn't interact with Ryuji like that. I hope things remain like that.

Some development for Ryuji, who needs a haircut ASAP. Let's hope he gets more fired up now and becomes less boring.

Go-buster Beet is an ok mecha. I wonder where J's fighter will fit. It doesn't look like just a projectile.

Next ep looks like it'll be cool again.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Oh yeah, when the crane/arm slid through the torso, did anyone else think GGG?
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Catastrophe wrote:Oh yeah, when the crane/arm slid through the torso, did anyone else think GGG?
^Awesome. Didn't Mike swear too?

Loved the episode.
Last time I heard English swearing in a japanese show was Panty And Stocking With Garterbelt.
Lol at Ryujii waving off the bugs.
Only thing I don't like about the new megazord is the finisher. That, and how they shot it. It kinda looked like the jet flew a few miles while on the arm.

Overall: Episode was good. We can tell something about the impending fusion between the two megazords from the jet.
Dax
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokai / Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinken / Kabuto
Quote: Avatar by me.

Post by Dax »

It was a pretty good episode. Had a little technical problem with it though, will put it in spoiler tag so it doesn't clutter the message.

Spoiler
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
What Enter says right after "We should avoid fighting Beet Buster in the subdimension." at 4:29 was completely unreadable on the version I got (sendspace link).

Here is a link to a screen cap to show you what it looked like.

http://i49.tinypic.com/11uzq6d.png

I'm using VLC and I didn't have problems with the other episodes.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Loved Jin and J's finisher, both on foot and with Go-Buster Beet. Speaking if which, the crane/arm/launching strip is an interesting concept
Completed
Sentai: From Deka to Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider: From Ryuki to Zi-O
Other: GARO, Cutie Honey, Sh15uya, Tokusatsu GaGaGa
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Dax, double check the CRC with RapidCRC to make sure it's not corrupted
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Looks fine on my end
Dax
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokai / Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinken / Kabuto
Quote: Avatar by me.

Post by Dax »

Lunagel wrote:Dax, double check the CRC with RapidCRC to make sure it's not corrupted
Thanks for the info, and yes it is corrupted apparently

Here is the result of the check

So what's the solution, redownload file ? Redownload it from a different source ?
Completed
Sentai: From Deka to Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider: From Ryuki to Zi-O
Other: GARO, Cutie Honey, Sh15uya, Tokusatsu GaGaGa
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

takenoko wrote:
Lunchboxx wrote:While that would be neat, I gotta respectfully disagree. If you're a fan of Linkara, and watch his History of Power Rangers episodes, he mentions in Light speed rescue that the zords, fighting style, and overall theme was very military like.(Even though they had there own weapons as well, but that was PR, not sentai)

Eh? I sort of don't get what you're trying to say. What are you disagreeing with and why do you suddenly start talking about military groups? The previous poster makes no mention of any such thing, so your quoting that is baffling.
I think what's he's saying is that it made sense that the GoBusters have standardized weaponry, given that they are a special tasks group. It fits their motif of 'special agents'/'super spies'. GoGoV/Lightspeed Rescue had the same vibe and they also have standardized weaponry.
Catastrophe wrote:Oh yeah, when the crane/arm slid through the torso, did anyone else think GGG?
Me too :D . I paused the video and stared at it, and mumbled "LinerGao?" Then again, the energy wall surrounding Ace as they combine reminded me of how GaiGar/GaoFar formed a barrier before executing Final Fusion.

I really like that GoBuster-Oh's only purpose is to execute Dimension Crash, not for combat. It justifies its bulk and limited mobility. Who needs mobility when you can kill your enemies with one shot? Them running out of power after Dimension Crash is a great additional detail.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”