Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 22 released

Post by takenoko »

So Escape's entrance! What kind of implications does this have:
http://www.wolfinspace.com/wiki/Go-Busters_Mission_22

I like her character, although the forced laugh is a bit annoying. I kind of wonder what the deal is with her guns. Oh, according to Mag they're a reference to some Bible names: Gog and Magog
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gog_and_Magog
Something about them being referred to at end times or giants or something? I dunno

Also, Escape's fight scene with Red buster was pretty good. She'd give Ban's JuuKunDo a run for his money.

This is also pretty cool since maybe this will mean more toku roles with Misaki Ayame in them? She might be the next Nagasawa Nao.

The unavoidable kid's subplot was okay. I guess you have to put up with these things as a kid's show. I guess not basing one's value on others is a pretty valuable lesson. I liked the "the episode is ending, so everyone strike a pose" unnatural arm wrap at the end.

So the Subdimension can be created at will now. It'll be neat to see how that fits into the villain's plans in the future.

Hopefully Escape and Enter will be working together to torment the Go-Busters instead of totally being at odds.

Edit:
Oh, I totally forgot to mention that the mecha fight really should have ended with the Great Go-Buster stomp. Seeing the Megazord fly into the camera and only have his key broken was pretty disappointing. Even though it's only our second time seeing Great Go-Busters's finisher, it would have been more interesting to let that stomp be the finisher since it's something they probably won't do again.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Go-Busters 22 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

This was a good episode. Escape's laugh is just annoying though. I really want to see her speak another language.

Also, if Enter and Escape were to have kids, I'm sure their names would be: "Shift, Control, Insert, Delete, Alt, etc." Oh wait, robots can't reproduce....can they?
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

From the book of Revelation: (Rev 20:8) And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

In the end times, it is predicted that Christ will come and reign a thousand years on this earth. During these 1000 years, Satan will be chained in the "bottomless pit". After the 1000 years are pass, Satan will be let loose for a while and will gather the unbelievers for the battle of Armageddon. Some believe "Gog and Magog" to refer to people from two specific nations, while others believe that it refers to the unbelievers in general.

Odd that her weapons are named after the two cities. Wonder if that's supposed to be significant later on. Furthermore, the enemy is called "Messiah" at that...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them

Post by takenoko »

Who else should be in the Vaglass?
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

takenoko wrote:Who else should be in the Vaglass?
[ Image ]
Nice play on the ambiguous meaning of "space". I'd like to see Natsuki return though; it's been a while since we saw her actress in toku.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote:Oh, according to Mag they're a reference to some Bible names: Gog and Magog
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gog_and_Magog
Something about them being referred to at end times or giants or something? I dunno
Huh.. really? :?
'cause I heard from Lynxara (on HJU) that it'd be ala "Goku" or "Magoku"; something like that, I screencapped it here.

Adds emote in to not come off as rude
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them

Post by takenoko »

I checked back with Mag and he just says they're named after Gog and Magog, but not actually named them. It's pretty confusing because there are some Japanese pages that spell it as Goku and Magoku, but they're so few that we can assume they're spelling mistakes or just user created stuff that doesn't refer to anything else.

I don't know if there's any further wordplay going on here. Goku with a kanji can mean "very" and Magoku can be "demon country"?

The wiki I usually check for monster references don't have any etymology stuff yet:
http://www31.atwiki.jp/sentai-kaijin/?c ... 4%E3%83%97

No, it is Gog and Magog. It's a reference to Anne of Green Gable's China dogs
Gog and Magog are two dogs (like the dogs on Escape's guns) http://www.lucymaudmontgomerymuseum.com/

Goku and Magoku:
http://happy.ap.teacup.com/itijikurin/319.html

http://hirosbook.exblog.jp/17513422/

http://ameblo.jp/ayapaca/entry-11288723 ... umb_module

http://suk2.tok2.com/user/sweet44/?c=011

There's a lot of evidence for Gogu and Magogu too, probably because those people did some research or something got corrected later on. The going theory I have is that they mistranslated Gog and Magog into Goku and Magoku when they brought Anne of Green Gables to Japan. The fact that Escape's guns are a reference to that (and that is probably a reference to Gog and Magog from the Bible or whatever) probably means that Gog and Magog should be used for the English translation, I think?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

And thus we welcome the newest villainess and her bangers breasts bazookas to the show. Jin's subtle reference was pretty amusing as well.

They really shouldn't have done such close up shots of Gog and Magog's triggers, it's pretty obvious in the closeups that those don't move.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

It needs to be said because it hasn't been said yet; the child actors for this episode were quite good. Not excellent, but they work well. The moral in this episode is something I want to live by, and was really well delivered. It worked perfectly with Hiromu's character.

Kudos to Jin and the production team for getting crap past the radar. It's times like this that I really appreciate characters like Jin.

I was grinning ear to ear when Great Go-Buster was doing my favorite finisher from Dairanger. It's a shame it didn't finish the Megazord off. Because it totally should.

Since I'm a mythology geek, and the main villain of the series is "Messiah", I'll go with Gog and Magog. Also, I don't know why anyone would name dogs Gog and Magog.

I'm really intrigued by Enter's last line. May be nothing, but it hints at Messiah's nature and how it 'learned' pleasure.

Preview
Spoiler
Mid series upgrade? Looks cool, along the lines of Gekirangers' Super Modes.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Awesome episode.

Escape is HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT. Her Boobs Guns are awesome as well.

Youko in Pigtails? YES PLEASE!

The child actors were pretty good in this one. Most of the time they can be annoying.

Escapes laugh does sound forced, but I think that's her way of taunting the Busters. Makes her sound obnoxiously evil.

Sooooo........Guess Enter is gonna make a Heel turn? No wait, is it a babyface turn? Or maybe a Heel-Heel turn? Ah forget it.

Great shots of the movie during the credits, but I miss the dancing. :(

Next Episode:
Spoiler
I don't think they look like upgrades. they gotta be shown morphed with the upgrades on, and from what I saw, they did not.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Predicting it right now. The last of the commanders will be Delete and somehow Messiah inserts himself into Delete.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

WHAT THE HELL?! child actors who can act?! what bizarre world IS THIS!?

yeah, keep laughing, shouta, you will need it for when you go to trial for risking national security.

computers? what a loser. what can you do with a computer anyway? it's not like you could use them to create monsters or get some cool superpowers or...oh, wait...

i liked how escape is different from enter. Enter is the kind of guy who is ploting from behind, always searching from an objective different than just defeating the busters. But escape seems a more active kind of general. she is the first to go into combat and is very effective in that. But her plans don't seem to be as well tought as enter's.

I'm saying this now. escape's guns are gonna become metaroids before the end of the series.

Also, i liked when hiromu used his super speed, it was very well done.

about the laugh...i think it was done on purpose.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Wow, just when Jin's influence is slowing down, they give us another avatar who's smokingly hot in that uniform? Although judging from certain angle, her stomach is bulging out much. Oh yeah, I really mean her STOMACH. Although it's hard to focus entirely on her whole.

Hiromu, you forgot your Morphin Brace. So please let Youko receive that call.

"Looks like something amazing is here!" Oh Jin, with that hand gesture? Control your orgasm. And the return of "Oh, Shit!"

A rare episode of GoBusters that's surprisingly entertaining.
Yunnlong
Adventure
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Sleep is God, now go worship.

Post by Yunnlong »

Huh, new commander. Seems like Messiah decided to bring out the big guns.

Enter, has ulterior motives. Enter, isn't a mindless drone. Huzzah! Complex villain!
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

Wasn't Hiromu's disguise a throwback to the Cutie Honey live action show?

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”