Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 24 released

Post by takenoko »

A filler episodes, but an okay one. Hiromu's reaction to Youko and Ryuuji makes me wonder if the uniforms are more conspicuous than Nick. I mean, just how common are Buddyroids in this world?

Pretty good mecha fight today. It's like they heard my wish for more Ace and Go-Buster Beet.

I thought it was pretty funny how the teacher kidnapped Hiromu into joining her club.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: Go-Busters 24 released

Post by Slowking »

A classic sentai summer episode. I always liked these, and this one was no exception.

It might be a filler episode, but we get to know a little bit more about Hiromu and his past - and that's the part of his past not that related to Vaglass.

I love how Enter is still sticking to his own way of doing things - it might end up being what leads to his own undoing, but I prefer him to stay the way he is. Cool outfit, lovely Metaroid.

Great Youko/Ryuuji finisher.

The mecha fight was cool although the Megazord didn't do that much.

The teacher realising Hiromu was RedBuster reminded me of
Spoiler
Kai Ozu/MagiRed and Yuka Yamazaki in Magiranger, when she discovered MagiRed's identity

Next week:

Spoiler
Escape will be back with more of her hysterical laughing. Hopefully the scenes with the Go-Busters trapped in the graveyard will be serious enough.
Behold the Emperor!
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

A decent episode, I must say. It's good that we're seeing Hiromu's past.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I thought both the Metaroid fight and Megazord fight were both equally good in terms of action.

Hiromu's special ability may have played a part in why he was a natural at juggling.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I really liked the Metaroid fight finisher, but also thought it was really weird at the same time. I missed the dialogue bit so I was surprised when Youko was pointing the gun at Ryuuji's back. For some reason it reminded me of Shining Gundam's Shining Finger Sword attack.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I like the Metaroid fight finisher as well. It's nice to see that Special Buster gives a boost to the sword. I swear that the Sensei in this episode looks like Sonada from Fourze but I know they aren't the same.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Cheetara-sensei? Where in the world were those performances something japanese? Very lame episode. Since the characters aren't good, most of the episode focused on them tend to suck.

Nice finishers.

And is it just me or lately the metaroids are getting silly skills? That wasn't the case before, though the energy cotton candy was cool.
samelf
7X

Post by samelf »

I wonder if there was even enough enetron gathered to cover the making of the the metaroid and the summon of the zord. Im thinking not becuase it didnt get to do much and the zord got none at all but then again they havent been able to properly gather in a while at first they were getting a ton. I guess it's just to show progession and that the go-busters are working together better.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Slowking wrote: The teacher realising Hiromu was RedBuster reminded me of
Spoiler
Kai Ozu/MagiRed and Yuka Yamazaki in Magiranger, when she discovered MagiRed's identity
My thoughts exactly.

Great filler episode I must say.

Guess Kengo Enter sometimes just wants to mess with the Go-Busters rather than get Enetron. At least that's how I interpreted it.

No Escape this episode.... :(

I had a chuckle when J's cockpit screen appeared over Jin's, and he swiped it away in a rather comedic effect.

Hiromu's Sensei is pretty cute.

Some great backstory with Hiromu, makes me like him a little bit more.

Next Episode:
Spoiler
MOAR ESCAPE!!!!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Well we don't know how many festivals it hit or an idea how much Enetron were at the festivals. So saying it didn't get much is rather an uninformed statement.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

The whole Megazord teleportation gimmick is starting to lose its consistency. This episode implies that the Megazord ends up within 3KM of the Metaroid at the time of the Megazord's arrival. In which case shouldn't blowing up the Metaroid before the Megazord's arrival have some kind of an impact on the Megazord? We've seen the Megazords arrive on-target even when the Metaroid has been toasted ahead of time.

On that note, if a Megazord ends up 3KM from the Metaroid, Hiromu may want to consider going more than 3.01KM away from a location in the future. Good job landing it right on top of the festival, bonehead. :P

Also, I don't remember my middle school teachers being nearly that good looking.:(
Last edited by ViRGE on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote:On that note, if a Megazord ends up 3KM from the Metaroid, Hiromu may want to consider going more than 3.01KM away from a location in the future. Good job landing it right on top of the festival, bonehead.:p(
What can you do? The guy spent his school life reading about Megazords instead of learning math!
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

ViRGE wrote:Also, I don't remember my middle school teachers being nearly that good looking.:(
Maybe your school doesn't have much of a trainee teacher. My school's practically doesn't have any, but the trainee teacher is on par with Hiromu's Sensei. 8)

So, is Jin's act of swiping J aside in this episode considered a 'breaking the 4th wall'? I can consider it as a no if Jin says "Don't interrupt me!", but "Don't cover me!"??? :?:

Another development in the future of rivalry Jin vs Enter maybe?

J seems like a big bully in this ep, asking the Metaroid for a cotton candy really like a scene I encounter in my childhood.
qedins
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Riisa Naka
Favorite Band: L'arc en Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: "Where's our eccentric?"
"I'm right here!"
"No. I mean sempai."
"Oh."

Post by qedins »

I just realized something funny

It's morphine time! (its drug time)
Let's morphine! (let's do drug)
:lol:
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

ViRGE wrote:The whole Megazord teleportation gimmick is starting to lose its consistency. This episode implies that the Megazord ends up within 3KM of the Metaroid at the time of the Megazord's arrival. In which case shouldn't blowing up the Metaroid before the Megazord's arrival have some kind of an impact on the Megazord? We've seen the Megazords arrive on-target even when the Metaroid has been toasted ahead of time.
That bothers me as well. But since this episode wasn't written by the series' main writer, I guess these things happens. This guy also wrote that Hiromu can get out of freeze mode immediately when the chicken is destroyed, which contradicts with Nick saying Hiromu will freeze for 5 min no matter what.

I'm just happy that Enter got some hands on fighting again.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”