Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 25 released

Post by takenoko »

I really liked the battle between berserk Ryuuji and Escape. I'm not really latching onto Escape's personality so far, but at least her fighting is good. Enter's really good because he's weird, but also funny and relatively successful. So far, Escape just comes off as an impetuous child.

I'm glad they're addressing Jin's youth. It would have been disappointing if it were just "Hey, I made myself look 13 years young, because I'm wacky Jin".

I love J's antics in the background. He's a mechanical bug man, but at the end of the episode, he's got a bug net and catching bugs.

For stuff trivia about Japanese ghost stories and Jin's archaic phrase, check the wiki:
http://www.wolfinspace.com/wiki/Go-Busters_Mission_25

Monster of the week voiced by Nanba Keiichi who voiced Ultraman Hikari and a number of other anime roles.
http://www.wolfinspace.com/wiki/Nanba_Keiichi
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Go-Busters 25 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

So... first episode where we see Ryuuji overheating on purpose to fight a strong enemy. The battle between Escape and the overheated Ryuuji was definitely nice; the scene where Escape went "We will fight again" and the overheated Ryuuji went, "See ya" was kinda funny since the overheated Ryuuji doesn't really seem amicable enough to say that.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Well if Escape is more like Messiah, then yeah she acts like a child because Messiah acts childish as well.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So the immortal shindig is up, and now it turns out Jin might be in pretty bad shape.

Hyperspace is a a pretty scary place.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i think it is because she IS an impetuous child.
A pretty big difference i found between her and Enter is that Escape doesn't think ahead when doing something. she doesn't care for the busters, she doesn't care for winning, she doesn't even have any plan, she just wants to fight.
Enter, on the other hand, cares more for the objective than just fighting the busters, and even when the objective IS to fight the busters, he seems to preffer a different route than just attacking them.
when the busters were in the nightmare realm, she didn't care for the busters at all, she was just pissed off that she couldn't fight them, but didn't do anything to them. and later, when fighting ryuuji, she leave when Ryuuji was unable to fight anymore. In contrast with Enter, who previously tried to have ryuuji in that state so he could easily kill him. Or that's how i see it.

Speaking of Escape, i had the feeling that Escape was "happy" when ryuuji destroyed one of the things in her guns. Maybe is just her excited that she found a worthy opponent, but i have the feeling there is more to it.

I tought Youko would be the one who would fight Escape as rivals. But it seems it will be Ryuuji.

Ryuuji showing his super strenght before overheating himself: BAD. ASS.

I think J is happy that he can finally be in fron of Jin xD

Giant chicken attack...i have to be honest, if a giant chicken appeared in front of me, i think i would freeze too...
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was just cruel. They posed the question of whose image Enter/Escape are based off of, but they didn't answer it. Now I'm dying to find out the answer! :lol:
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

locuas wrote:i think it is because she IS an impetuous child.
A pretty big difference i found between her and Enter is that Escape doesn't think ahead when doing something. she doesn't care for the busters, she doesn't care for winning, she doesn't even have any plan, she just wants to fight.
Enter, on the other hand, cares more for the objective than just fighting the busters, and even when the objective IS to fight the busters, he seems to preffer a different route than just attacking them.
when the busters were in the nightmare realm, she didn't care for the busters at all, she was just pissed off that she couldn't fight them, but didn't do anything to them. and later, when fighting ryuuji, she leave when Ryuuji was unable to fight anymore. In contrast with Enter, who previously tried to have ryuuji in that state so he could easily kill him. Or that's how i see it.

Speaking of Escape, i had the feeling that Escape was "happy" when ryuuji destroyed one of the things in her guns. Maybe is just her excited that she found a worthy opponent, but i have the feeling there is more to it.

I tought Youko would be the one who would fight Escape as rivals. But it seems it will be Ryuuji.

Ryuuji showing his super strenght before overheating himself: BAD. ASS.

I think J is happy that he can finally be in fron of Jin xD

Giant chicken attack...i have to be honest, if a giant chicken appeared in front of me, i think i would freeze too...
Dude. Entire post. We must be on the same wave length cause' that's exactly what I'm thinking. :shock:

HOLY <BLEEP>! A giant chicken! That's probably why Hiromu stayed frozen for so long.

Loved the fact that Jin let J stand infront of him just so that he could not be hipnotized. Although since he's a avatar, would that not work on him anyway? Who knows.

Escape is Hawt as always.

REALLY loved the fight between Ryuuji and Escape. Definatily one of my favorite moments in the season so far.

Speaking of season, we are now half way through......It does not feel that way though does it? Time flies by for me.

Kinda cool to see the newscaster on the jumbotron warning the city of a metaroid attack. That actually gives reason for the people to evacuate the city before poodoo hits the fan. You never see those kinds of stuff in sentai. (as far as I know of at least.)

I think I can confirm my guess that her guns are touch sensitive. She holsters the guns BEHIND her, so even if they were to fire on there own, they would only fire from behind. Plus I'm guess that touch sensitivity would only apply to her finger imprint, kinda like a thumb pad sensor. But since she's not human(as far as we know), Her fingers could act like how you flash a card infront of a laser id reader. So since she's MADE of data, they would not go off when holstered because she's not touching them.

Ok I'm done for my long ass guessing work. I still think they are touch sensitive though.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Or they could just have as lazy props department. Simplest answers are usually the best XP
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

Go-Busters is redeeming itself very well in my opinion for the initial mess up and I am happy for the Shinkenger homages so far. Apart from the Busters' personal burdens (apart from J), the Escape vs Ryuuji tension is very similar to the Takeru vs Juuzo tension from Shinkenger and the part about how it might all end in a painful conclusion is also reminds me a lot of the Shinkengers' ancestral responsibilities . Go-Busters cannoot replace Shinkenger for me, but the accidental tributes are more than welcome!
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Lunagel wrote:Or they could just have as lazy props department. Simplest answers are usually the best XP
Don't diminish my reailty, let me think whatever I wanna think. :mrgreen:
TaelonZ
7X
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by TaelonZ »

I somehow keep getting the feeling that we are getting death flags for Jin. Stating that the avatar is not immortal, that he used a 13 year old form for his avatar, and other more subtle hints. Something makes me think that in the end we are going to get to the sub-dimension and find that Jin actually died 13 years ago and this is all just program of himself that he uploaded prior to dying. After all this year sees a return of two prior characters playing roles in their respective series. We saw Kamen Rider Garren return in KR Fourze, though as a villian, and he
Spoiler
died this last episode.
and we have Jin who we know played Magiyellow.

Some ways I hope I'm not right but I have a feeling that, based on similarly correct predictions in the past I just might be.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I kept checking out Youko's legs in this episode. I feel so "dirty" because she's a teenager in this series but in reality, she's an adult. Lol...Anyways, I think my favorite team member out of the group would be Ryuuji. His fight against Escape was pretty badass! I already mentioned I like Ryuuji's stunt actor and he continues to be awesome with his fight scenes. Ryuuji stood toe to toe with Escape although he had to unlock his anger mode to do it. It's gonna be interesting to see them top this battle in the future episodes. I am glad they addressed Jin's avatar image being his younger self too. I'm sure will learn more as the series goes on.
samelf
7X

Post by samelf »

I would be pissed If I were the messiah Escape has wasted so much eteron and gotten none back. At least Enter does his job pretty well and his monsters always manage to get some. Messiah is going to burn him self up at this rate since he needs it to substain himself.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

So they used J's upstaging to their advantage. I love it! :lol:

I love it when recurring gags are kind of lampshaded like that. Like in Shinkenger when they gave Kaoru a bigger fan to hit Tanba with, or in Dragon Quest VIII when Angus pointed out how his own "Cor blimey!" reaction to Trode was getting old.
Last edited by TBustah! on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Blue Banana Moon? Man, Ryuuji's chara song sucks.

The episode was good. We have character development for Ryu, new possibilities for Jin's situation in hyperspace and the 1st Ranger x Commander rivalry.

Ryu's fight with Escape was pretty awesome and I like how he went berserk on her. But his smile at the end was kinda strange. The shippers will rejoice.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”