Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Go-Busters 34 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

DarkraiOfDoom wrote:oh yeah, now THIS was an episode

Spoiler
i wonder how many people know about how that lion's hiromu's replacement mecha... or the mecha it can combine with...
Spoiler
I knew about it, I just didn't expect it's debut to be so inexplicably random. >_>
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

When Jin was forced to point the gun at himself I thought:

"That's exactly what they were doing to the show after changing the opening and abusing 2/3 full episodes just to make a big promo for Gaivan".
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They could have gone for something with this Jin thing, but no, he is crazy because he is sad.
xenoss
Adventure

Post by xenoss »

A bit too deus ex machina for my taste.

the build up was so nice, 2 Megazords, Red vs Beet... everything was fked up. then, out of nowhere, a buster machine never seen or mentioned before show up out of nowhere and in a shot destroys both megazords, 1 of them being a Gamma.

That felt like a cheap payoff for the tension they built.

BTW...

Didn't they say they destroyed the subdimension? or at least destabilized it such that the Vaglass was gone? Why was nobody surprised and wondering why Jin is still "connected" to the real world?

OR that if Jin is still around, that means the link to the subdimension is still very much in tact?

What was that all about?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The lion did not destroy either Megazord. It only freed GT-02 and RH-03. Go-Buster Oh and Buster Hercules destroyed the Megazords.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

xenoss wrote: BTW...

Didn't they say they destroyed the subdimension? or at least destabilized it such that the Vaglass was gone? Why was nobody surprised and wondering why Jin is still "connected" to the real world?

OR that if Jin is still around, that means the link to the subdimension is still very much in tact?

What was that all about?
For that matter, where are the Vaglass megazords coming from? I could see Jin's lab still being in one piece, but Messiah's facility was clearly wiped out.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Enter was in hiding after the subdimension battle preparing. Maybe the axis-shift device he stole helped him rebuild? Enter came out of hiding after he used it on the subdimension.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

There's probably a sub dimension to the sub dimension. I knew a lot of things where gonna be left over. Jin would be dead, if they actually got rid of the place. I'm surpsied people got confused of the new Lion. Even if you don't read the toy news. This is done in SS fairly often. Get a team power up, boom new mecha.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

Jin's lab was not destroyed, you can see still intact after they "defeat" Messiah. The facility where Messiah and what seemed to be the Vaglass's base of operations was destroyed, but it's possible that there are multiple bases in the subdimension outside the main facility that is now ruined. I didn't like the premise of this episode at all, it felt like Jin was too over the top and not his usual self, which made it seem like his avatar was "hacked" before meeting the Metaroid, however, that's not what majorly bugged me about this episode. Either the Metaroid knows exactly how Jin would react when fighting with Hiromu, or Jin was actually in control for the most part in the fight and was faking being under the control of the Metariod. It just seems like Jin's physical reactions to what Hiromu is saying to him during the fight are too perfect to have been done by someone else (the Metariod). That or the Metariod really wanted to listen to the conversation and paused the fighting at the crucial points. If they had built up Jin being more over the top than usual for a few episodes, the premise would've made sense and been more impactful. As it stands, they just ended up making Jin look like an idiot and trying to justify it with a lame reason. This probably would've worked had it been done before they went into the subdimension, with us seeing Jin act more goofy because he really doesn't want the Go-Busters to find out the truth. I think the series has potential to be good, but the writing is not as consistent as I would want it to be, partly because I think they are changing the writing to improve ratings/toy sales/what have you.
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

I was really really into the episode until the unneeded Powered Custom Morph happened. It ruined the moment, I'm sure at that moment the Metaroid was one Buster attack away from death anyways.

It's almost Episode 36, Lion is probably something having to do with the final combo of the season. If I remember, wasn't there a random Lion mecha that appeared near the end of Magiranger? Also Jin saying Gao when he was playing with the children.....Couldn't get Gaoranger out of my head.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Kuchiri wrote:I was really really into the episode until the unneeded Powered Custom Morph happened. It ruined the moment, I'm sure at that moment the Metaroid was one Buster attack away from death anyways.
I don't think they want to risk it. These are Metaroids based upon Messiah's data and thus much stronger than the regular ones. Their normal weapons were ineffective against the previous one as it blocked a barrage of shots from the entire team.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Another good episode. I liked seeing Jin's suit actor display some different martial arts styles when he got taken over by the MotW. I also really enjoyed the fight scene between Hiromu and Jin as well. Got to appreciate seeing hand to hand combat in a Sentai show. The revelation of the Lion at the end was totally not expected at all. I was like, "What, Toei didn't show this in the preview?" I'm glad they didn't. Lol..
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

MarcosPMA wrote:I didn't like the premise of this episode at all, it felt like Jin was too over the top and not his usual self, which made it seem like his avatar was "hacked" before meeting the Metaroid, however, that's not what majorly bugged me about this episode. Either the Metaroid knows exactly how Jin would react when fighting with Hiromu, or Jin was actually in control for the most part in the fight and was faking being under the control of the Metariod. It just seems like Jin's physical reactions to what Hiromu is saying to him during the fight are too perfect to have been done by someone else (the Metariod). That or the Metariod really wanted to listen to the conversation and paused the fighting at the crucial points. If they had built up Jin being more over the top than usual for a few episodes, the premise would've made sense and been more impactful. As it stands, they just ended up making Jin look like an idiot and trying to justify it with a lame reason. This probably would've worked had it been done before they went into the subdimension, with us seeing Jin act more goofy because he really doesn't want the Go-Busters to find out the truth.
The whole point was based on the idea that Jin's coping mechanism is humour (totally believable, if you've taken any psychology). As such, when Messiah's main body was destroyed, so (presumably) was the data from everyone else. Even if he was okay with losing his only companions over the past 13 years, remember that he had particularly strong feelings for one of those now gone. Yet Messiah survived, so she died in vain...

In other words, he's at the point of despair (I wonder if his body has glowing cracks...) and so he's pushed to near insane levels of goofiness this episode. As for the Metaroid holding back, Enter already gave us the reason for that - He wants data on the Go-Busters; how they fight, how they react. The Metaroid held back because the data he was collecting on Jin's sorrow and how he was reacting to Hiromu's attacks (both verbal and physical) was precisely the sort of thing Enter would have wanted to ascend to the next level of perfection.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

This episode was very interesting for me, but also made me think about the fighting styles seen in most toku. For instance, when Jin fought in the park, I felt like I was watching Dairanger again (although, I don't think the HouHou Ranger fought like that), then we get Axe and Gun form fighting styles (Even a few Duskois for the fun of it.)

This Puppetmaster Metaroid was a bit standoff-ish in the fact that he wasn't really like any other I've seen before. Not sure how to describe it, but it made sense in the way that he controlled people.

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think it would kill Toei (or any tokusatsu company/show) if they sped up the Giant/Megazord battles? The way they have them move so slow just kills the 'realism' of the fight (and by realism, I mean how realistic the fight is/should be.) It took 6 seconds for Gorisaki to land that double heel drop-kick to Buster Heracles, which, if we really think about it, would've given him plenty of time to counter-attack or at least leg -er- arm-sweep him to avoid any damage. It just feels mismatched when you compare it to all the motion that's done in the cockpit of the Megazord/Machine that's fighting. Sure, I get that it's a kids show, but at the same time, they're supposed to be passing it off as if it actually could (or did in some cases) happen.

I know no one really likes when a power/ability/mutation etc. is over used, but, if he really wanted, Hiromu could have ended the fight between him and Beet Buster instantly, and still have time to tell Jin to stop feeling sorry for himself and destroy the Metaroid. But again, kids show rules.

The way the Lion showed up at the end was actually a nice surprise. Sure, it was a Deus Ex Machina thing, but it worked in the fact that the only buildup was whatever was seen in a magazine.

Next Mission!
Spoiler
I know I should probably know who she is, but who's the girl that plays the angry-to-come-good person mentioned in the preview?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

FangTrigger wrote:Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think it would kill Toei (or any tokusatsu company/show) if they sped up the Giant/Megazord battles? The way they have them move so slow just kills the 'realism' of the fight (and by realism, I mean how realistic the fight is/should be.)
I highly doubt giant pieces of machinery could "realistically" move as fast as you're expecting.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”