Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Re: Go-Busters 35 released

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Personally, I thought this episode was rather entertaining. Mainly because of everyone's favorite resident silver-colored beetle. Pushing him aside and showing the rest of the episode, I actually liked how I could pick up on a few things.

Youko's Rabbit Kick. Needless to say, it's a kick, from the sky and the beetle assisted with it.

Enter being in the episode goes without saying a good thing. He saw Tategami Lioh show up last episode and wants it for himself. What bad guy wouldn't want more power on his side? And if he couldn't have it, destroy it so the other side can't have it. Perfect bad guy reasoning. Speaking of which, blocking a kick and a sword barehanded was pretty badass for a bad guy. Props to the French-based bad guy.

And right after that when Youko was complaining about how Enter got away, J simply saying "It is not my fault." is classic.

Speaking of classic, why does Lioh's theme sound like it came from an 80s Kamen Rider show?
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

maybe the actor of the father did some 80 tokusatsu show? and he did the theme too?(i don't know for sure, it's just that the voice reminded me of an old opening)
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

locuas wrote:maybe the actor of the father did some 80 tokusatsu show? and he did the theme too?(i don't know for sure, it's just that the voice reminded me of an old opening)
well, Mizuki Ichirou is/was (not 100% sure) a member of JAM Project, and he's done theme songs on his own, as well, for all kinds of shows.

I think he was also the one that guest starred in that 2 episode singing talent show arc of W.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

locuas wrote:maybe the actor of the father did some 80 tokusatsu show? and he did the theme too?(i don't know for sure, it's just that the voice reminded me of an old opening)
Mizuki Ichirou is a singer and did a bunch of opening for many Toku shows, including several Kamen Rider seasons like Skyrider, X and Stronger. Also, The Extraordinary Zubat!!!

He also did the OP and ED for Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger, and knowing this fact just made Tategami Lioh a Gazillion times cooler.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:well, Mizuki Ichirou is/was (not 100% sure) a member of JAM Project,
Iirc, he was (one of) the people behind founding that band,
Conan_Edogawa wrote:I think he was also the one that guest starred in that 2 episode singing talent show arc of W.
He was, along with the two singers of WBX.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I really digged Youko's Rider....errr, I mean, Rabbit Kick. The special effects for it was pretty cool. Enter sure was a bad ass for blocking J and Youko's attacks right after it as well. Nothing much else needs to be said about Enter. The chick in this storyarc was very one-dimensional. I'm sure she was written that way so the team could teach her better things and I guess it worked. The Lioh was pretty cool in action. I like the suit design.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Ivanhobe wrote: He also did the OP and ED for Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger, and knowing this fact just made Tategami Lioh a Gazillion times cooler.
mazinger! yeah, that was the one it reminded me.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Lioh is very bulky, but his design is pretty good. Bein used as a mount by ace and tuning into a tricycle makes it more amazing.

They had almost no giant battles the last two episodes, so this time the whole episode was giant fights, which were ok.

There was development for Ryuji and a bit of backstory for Jin. That was great. We saw Yoko's powered finisher and I liked how she acted when she said she was going to fight with Enter.

Didn't care much about Mika though. And Hazuki explains why Jin is like that.

What the hell was J doing in the background in the HQ scene? Well, he's like that.

A very good episode.
Gamer_Nikko
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: ORRE WA TENSAI DESU!

Post by Gamer_Nikko »

Reading this whole thread and seeing the comments of "What weapon will Lioh's control panel become?"
I see it as maybe not a weapon, but an upgrade to Red Buster's arsenal. Coz let's face it, all Red rangers (?) get an uber-powered upgrade that his team members don't have.
As for Enter getting an upgrade, well, am I the only one to notice that he isn't wearing his usual vest and coat, instead he's wearing an exoarmor that looks like a Go-Buster protector?
RIDER KICK!!!
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.

Post by remolay »

Gamer_Nikko wrote: As for Enter getting an upgrade, well, am I the only one to notice that he isn't wearing his usual vest and coat, instead he's wearing an exoarmor that looks like a Go-Buster protector?
He also wore it during the Subdimension episodes. I've kind of dubbed it his "Let's get dangerous" outfit.
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
Ginhoshi
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto, Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Decade, OOO
Dreamy: Jasmine Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Maria
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ranger Keys
Quote: Obaachan gaitteita. Otoko ga yatte wa ikenai kotoga futatsu aru. Onanoko wo nakaseru kototo, tabemono wo somatsu ni suru kotoda.

Post by Ginhoshi »

The daughter didn't bother me pretty much since I know people like that at work. Yes real people can be such jerks.

Lioh is a lot bigger than ace so it irks me with the scaling issue when it is in robot mode. So I guess that also justifies why he has more enetron? Since the dr was still doing research even after the buster machines was finished, i guess lioh is more fuel efficient?

So hiromu's finisher reminds me of ratoratah, even going through three rings and now youko does a rider kick? I cant wait for ryuuji's finisher.
Gamer_Nikko
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Quote: ORRE WA TENSAI DESU!

Post by Gamer_Nikko »

Ginhoshi wrote: So hiromu's finisher reminds me of ratoratah, even going through three rings and now youko does a rider kick? I cant wait for ryuuji's finisher.
I think Blue's finisher has something to do with
Spoiler
utsuuuuuu... KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
RIDER KICK!!!
SnazzyKurita
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: AC/DC
My boom: Power Rangers
Quote: "We're all insane. It's just that some of our disorders haven't been discovered yet."

Post by SnazzyKurita »

Can't wait for the next episodes.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Correction