Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Re: Go-Busters 35 released

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

FangTrigger wrote:
Can anyone just steal a Rider Kick these days? It seems that everyone has Kamen Rider Fever, even TMNT has it!
Spoiler
I remember Mikey busts out a bunch of random moves and the famous Kamen Rider V3 pose being one of them.

Its kinda cool that they have a Kamen Rider Fan working on the show.
knite00
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by knite00 »

A very nice episode! For the moment, I thought there is going to be a female 6th member. Guess it's not going to happen.

By the way, Lioh is the combo of Lio and Oh... which mean Lion King or King of Lions right? So what does 'Tategami' means?
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:I like Tategami Lioh. it's a cool robot. That said, anyone else wondering why Lioh's control thing has the same voice as the Powered Custom morpher add-on? I know it's not something they'll mention in show. just irks me for some reason.
Because why waste money on getting different voice actors when you can just have one guy (or two, counting the guy who does the morphing brace) do as many as possible?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

knite00 wrote:By the way, Lioh is the combo of Lio and Oh... which mean Lion King or King of Lions right? So what does 'Tategami' means?
Literally, it means the mane of a lion or horse, but it also refers to a hairstyle used in some noh or kabuki plays.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Lunagel wrote:
knite00 wrote:By the way, Lioh is the combo of Lio and Oh... which mean Lion King or King of Lions right? So what does 'Tategami' means?
Literally, it means the mane of a lion or horse, but it also refers to a hairstyle used in some noh or kabuki plays.
So his name would be 'Lion's Mane/Mane Lion King'?

Yea, Tategami sounds better
Kotei
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
My boom: Photography

Post by Kotei »

Can't wait to see what weapon the console for Lioh becomes. Then again, it's just a theory as I saw a handle and trigger on the right but... Hopefully :)
DarkraiOfDoom
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: TensouSentaiGoseiger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
My boom: Pie
Quote: What is game night?
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkraiOfDoom »

Kotei wrote:Can't wait to see what weapon the console for Lioh becomes. Then again, it's just a theory as I saw a handle and trigger on the right but... Hopefully :)
Spoiler
snip

yeah, they made that damn lion badass.
... i knew i had a good feeling about this episode...

Spoiler
snip

edit: aww, i can't use double spoilers =[ *heresy*
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiling
List of KR/SS shows I've watched:

KR: All heisei era series bar Hibiki.

SS: Dekaranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyouryuuger and Akibaranger (unofficially).

Currently watching: KR Gaim and Tokkuger.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Quetzalcoatl wrote:The only good thing about this episode was J.
That's about the perfect summary, I think.

Go-Busters is and always will be a toy commercial, but the difference between a good episode and a bad episode comes down to how well they hide the aforementioned fact. This episode did a terrible job, and as a result the whole thing feels like the toy commercial it is. Lioh is boring (it looks lit a dog with a flower around its neck), the fights were too short, the mecha fights in particular felt out of place for a Go-Busters episode due to the heavy use of CGI and "clunky" movement (something they typically avoid with Ace), and the plot was basically irrelevant.

Hopefully next week's episode is better, but
Spoiler
because it's really just leading up to a new gattai
I doubt it will be.

I still like the series of course, but they've done far better episodes. Though I would like to know what on Earth J was supposed to be doing in the background of the command center. :P
qedins
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Riisa Naka
Favorite Band: L'arc en Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: "Where's our eccentric?"
"I'm right here!"
"No. I mean sempai."
"Oh."

Post by qedins »

I found it funny that J acknowledged himself as eccentric while Jin didn't, even
though it seems that the GB crew treated them the other way around

Lioh, hm...ok, i guess? Didn't feel anything special from it, just your typical new mecha in late season

Edit: my new quote, yay :mrgreen:
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

FangTrigger wrote:Side Comment:

GaiGar vs Lioh: Who would win?
GaiGar, because Lioh would eventually run out of enetron while GaiGar can keep going so long as Gai has courage.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

I really liked youko being a badass this episode, not only because she fought Enter but alse because of how she insisted on being threated like an adult, hey, if you are going to demand not being threated like a child you might as well do it while deflecting a blast of energy, there is no easy way to counter that argument, you need like the Master Sword or something.

And J´s antics are as hilarious as ever, i might even watch the episode again just to focus on him, this "plot" and "dialogues" are really getting in the way.

Speaking of things that get in the way, what is that Telop (thank you akibaranger) that appears in minute 7:24? i have noticed that it appears every episode, its quite big and i am curious of what it is.

Also, am i the only one who doesn´t like Enter´s new attitude? his new psychotic self is not as entertaining as his old psychotic self, i mean, he doesn´t even speaks french as often, i actually kind of hope that this becomes a plot point.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

I don't get the motivation behind having power ups in GoBusters. The 'new' villains are remnants of Messiah's power. Not new more powerful etc etc bad guys. So why should they have a need for power ups? Just for the sake of it?
Only redeeming quality of this show is J whose antics are very entertaining and never fail to amuse.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Arawynn wrote:I don't get the motivation behind having power ups in GoBusters. The 'new' villains are remnants of Messiah's power. Not new more powerful etc etc bad guys. So why should they have a need for power ups? Just for the sake of it?
Only redeeming quality of this show is J whose antics are very entertaining and never fail to amuse.
Knowing Sentai tropes, Enter or escape might get upgrades of their own. That would probably put them on even ground with the Go-Busters. Though A new enemy would be awesome, it feels kinda late to introduce us to one. Though They did do that with Goseiger with the
Spoiler
Matrintis Empire
, so who knows?

I can imagine Enter's upgrade with even more wild and outlandish hair, and crazier than ever.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

whew, just got ahold of the episode myself. need to say, i have to watch the episode twice just so I can focus entirely on J (really J? haha)

Lioh's bike form is great. guess 1 fan is falling for the toy commercial of Gobusters here.....

Basically Lioh have more capacity for Enetron's storage? Since Ace run out faster.....(travelling to the mountain doesn't use much Enetron man)

wow, first time Yoko really got my attention in an episode. doing Rider Kick and telling J not to cover her too. Is she trying to tell that Mika not to be a child too by yelling about it at Ryuuji?

so no Messiah card is active this time? last time 2 cards get activated in a single day....

-too many Akibaranger reference here to mention-
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Hmm, it feels like there should be a Buster to go with Lioh... Dunno if it's my want for one though or if the controls for Lioh look like a bunch of ranger gear put together.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”