Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 36 released

Post by takenoko »

God I hate the shutters closing as a scene transition. It's the worst change since the shakeup.'

I don't know what the thing is called, but it's pretty funny how the Lioh box has just replaced the functionality of most of the members.

So Hiromu finally uses his warp attack again, but he stops to fire precisely in front of the Metaroid's shielded hand area? Hiromu, you're an idiot.

So the Buddyroids vaporized into the Custom Visors without using the Shooters. I always hated that they went into them, since that doesn't make any sense. The Shooters don't function as teleportation devices.

What? Ryuuji just destroyed Gog and Magog in a throwaway episode like this? I don't know about Ryuuji's big hand thing. I guess it's better than turning into some giant energy gorilla.

Go-Buster Lioh is pretty fast on his feet. For some reason he's not as bulky as GoBuster-Oh is, despite using the same parts. Go figure.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Go-Busters 36 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

The "We demand better conditions" was quite funny. I wouldn't blame them for being jealous after all the years they've been together.

Damn, Ryuuji just dominated his battle with Escape. It totally made that episode where Ryuuji had to overheat himself to fight her seem pretty pointless.

Poor Nick. He was like the "outsider" of the Buddyroids. He was never interested in joining the strike and now he's the only one who can't combine with the new mech.

Next Episode
Spoiler
So the wedding episode in almost every Sentai series finally occurs. Also, looks like Escape is getting an upgrade.
Blazordra
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Dreamy: Yumeria Moegi
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Here's to us (Drink)
Here's to those like us (Drink)
Dang few (Drink)
And there all dead (Drink)

Post by Blazordra »

I think the Leo case thingy is the transmission box for Leo to communicate with the others. An interesting idea and I love the voice that is coming out of it, but I think it's funny that the powered morphing braces use the same voice. I feel this would have made more sense if they got them at the same time, from the same source.

J is still my fave-rd buster, In-sighting a strike without even trying, Awesome!!

The new buster mech is cool, but why was it using Go-buster Oh's sword, especially when Leo had the cool staff weapon before.

Ill keep watching to the end, but I feel like the writers have given up, and just trying to throw the end together and not caring about the results. As this is something that I hate about American television, it saddens me to see it here.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It might be worth noting that this and the previous episode weren't written by the main Go-Busters writer, hence the quality dip. Luckily, the main writer will be back for the next four episodes (assuming our wiki is being updated correctly)
http://www.wolfinspace.com/wiki/Tokumei ... Chronology
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Personally I'm disappointed that it seems like they're keeping the Jin/J team relatively separate from the main three an as such there's not a lot of interaction and not a lot of screen time for those two. Since they happen to be my favorite characters, this is quite irritating.
Blazordra
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Dreamy: Yumeria Moegi
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Here's to us (Drink)
Here's to those like us (Drink)
Dang few (Drink)
And there all dead (Drink)

Post by Blazordra »

I also would like more time for them, but given the other writing. I actually think there being saved.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Good episode. Not much to say really.

Random Episode Thoughts:

I personally thought the whole buddyroid strike was kinda pointless and selfish if you ask me. They want to go on strike when their partners are risking their lives to save the world all because of some jealousy issue with Lioh. Pretty damn stupid if you ask me. Cant wait for the regular writer to come back next time.

The only thing funny out of the whole strike was J starting it without him actually knowing he did. I laughed my ass off at that.

Ryuuji's custom finisher punch was actually pretty cool. It makes sense for all three if you think about it. Hiromu's cheetah dashing attack form makes sense 'cause cheetahs pratically pounce on their prey. Youko's rabbit kick makes some sense 'cause rabbits have strong legs for hopping, and what better than a strong leg to perform a hopping kick with? Finally Ryuuji's makes sense 'cause Gorillas are very strong animals correct? they have major strength in their arms, so a punch is appropriate.

Lioh's briefcase/gun thing is pretty freaking awesome.

Lioh's new combine form is actually much better looking than the main one.

Escape is hawt as alw-HOLY CLEAVAGE SHOTS BATMAN! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I'll be in my room after I make this post, so don't bother me! :mrgreen:

If this was Messiahroid number three, then why did it have a five on the arms? Probably it's just card number five, but it's the third metaroid to be activated.

Gog & Magog get blown to bits thanks to that Gorilla punch! I'm surprised that happened. Though honestly if the guns are pure data like escape, chances are she can just recreate them next time she appears.

Next Episode Preview:
Spoiler
Damn it, I hate being right all the time. I called it when I said Escape & Enter might get upgrades of their own. I cant really judge how she looks though, I need a static image of her instead of a fast paced moving one.

Also I guess it's time to pull another "parents wants me to marry some guy/girl and I must refuse so that I can save the world" Sentai Trope.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

You have Puppetroid being Messiah Card 08 so they being out of order is going to be the norm. It's sort of funny that the Lioh Attache case can easily tell when Youko and Ryuuji are about to crash better than the Buddyroids. Gorisaki tried to develop a system for Ryuuji when he was about to overheat but in the end someone else already beat him to it.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

After all that happened last episode, Enter barely had a scratch on him.

So Lioh's case can detect anything and everything, from Enetron usage to Metaroid forming to the Busters' weak points.

The strike might be there to create tension, but it just turns out really annoying. Messiah is still around, everyone is working hard and they want a vocation? But after that's over with the action is awesome as always, though the Metaroid and Megazoid offer virtually no resistance from that point.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

so... between this and Wizard episode 9, last weekend was (spoiler tags in case someone didn't watch wizard 09 yet and wants to soon)
Spoiler
chest blaster finisher weekend?

ok. i'm fine with that.

overall, this episode had some good elements and poor execution, in my opinion. didn't feel as good as usual, though still ok.

how does hiromu know just which buttons to hit to combine into Go-Buster Lai-Oh when he didn't even know it could combine?

so, when escape is hurt, she "bleeds" code? it reminds me of something, but I can't remember what and that annoys me.
johnnytalker
Adventure
Favorite series: Super Sentai Series

Post by johnnytalker »

Blazordra wrote:I love the voice that is coming out of [the Leo case thingy], but I think it's funny that the powered morphing braces use the same voice. I feel this would have made more sense if they got them at the same time, from the same source.
It's possible that the voice recordings for the Lioh box were done when its maker was still in the organization. Thus, it was recorded by the official voice, who then also voiced the Custom Visors. Or it's just that they are using the same voice technology or chose the same narrator option in their speech software, so naturally, they sound alike. :)
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

You know a few weeks back everyone made comments on how the other Powered Customs other than Hiromu are kind of bland. Watching this episode I noticed that...

Red's Chest has more detail than Blue and Yellow
Blue's Arms has more detail than Red and Yellow
Yellow's Legs has more detail than Red and Blue
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Ryuuji's megaton punch: BAD. ASS.

A pretty good episode. J is awesome, like always, and i love how the new toy practically has left everybody without a job xD.
takenoko wrote:So Hiromu finally uses his warp attack again, but he stops to fire precisely in front of the Metaroid's shielded hand area? Hiromu, you're an idiot.
I disagree with you, i can see what hiromu was aiming for. he wasn't sure if the attack was gonna work, but he could at least try to stop his attacks. and since he wasn't using the powered custom, the metaroid could still follow him enough to block his attacks. at point range, he probably tought it would be enough to at least damage his shields.

A Megazord that can WALK!? are we in the chouseishin series all of the sudden?
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Go-buster Li-Oh is bulky, but it looks cool. Don't worry, Nick, you can ride Lioh. It's like it's your bitch.

Didn't care about the buddyroid drama, but J was awesome again.

Attaché makes everyone useless... I just wish Jin used it for the finisher instead of just giving it to Hiromu.

Ryuji's finisher is a rider punch. It's clear that he's Escape's rival. Enter has some sort of rivalry with Hiromu, but he's more of a main boss than just a rival. And Escape, that's why Enter fled last ep.

Metaroid's design was cool. And fusing with a delta was cool.

next ep
Spoiler
Escape will get a kaijin form. We can expect Enter to get one too. But I hope she uses it just to fight, since the actress is hot.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

I thought this episode was pretty good. Considering the story for the episode being blander than normal oatmeal.

I will say one thing though: with all the battles they have, I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk about shipping Escape and Ryuuji. Almost every time she appears, he takes point. Is his Overheat side attracted to her or something?

As always, J being a nutcase and causing trouble, par for the course.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”