Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Re: Go-Busters 38 Released

Post by m4rc0 »

Pro wrestling parody and lots of giant fights. The choreography in the fight against the enemy soldiers was awesome.

New combination isn't really cool.

Not much in this ep.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

I forgot to comment on last week's episode, but the short version: It was funny, Escape's upgraded form was awesome, and Escape + Black wedding dress = So many kinky and naughty thoughts for me.

Anyways, This episode was actually pretty good. I thought the Wrestling ring thing was gonna be kinda silly, but it turned out better than I thought it was gonna be.

Random Episode Thoughts:

That's one fucking huge metaroid!
Quetzalcoatl wrote:
So if that whole building was a Metaroid, then shouldn't there be a bigger Megazord or at least a second copy?
Nah, All the megazords were the same size when they were possesed by Messiah and sent to the Dimension. Making a even larger Megazord just because the Metaroid was just as big would make no sense at all.

The Domeroid withstanding so much abuse from before actually makes sense if you looked again. They were attaking the roof of the dome, which if you payed attention to the metaroid itself, he looked like some sort of turtle, or that Pokemon with the brown shell(Cant remember it's name atm), so attacking its hardened shell would not do much to it. It wasn't till Go-Buster King pryed the thing out of the ground did it get exposed, so it was not a plot thing like what Take said.

Speaking of Go-Buster King......Eh, it looks ok. The head reminds me of that Ibira megazord ShinkenGold had, which I thought was butt fucking ugly as hell.

The comment from Usada about them making commentary as well gave me a good chuckle.

I like how Enter was not full blown angry over the others managing to break Hiromu out, he just got a bit miffed and kept his cool.

J was pretty funny as always, I chuckled at the part where he mimicked a spyglass.

Jin was funny as well, but I busted out laughing at the end when he froze Hiromu with the Flyer with the chicken wrestler. Dear god dat face Hiromu made!

Wait......Since when did Megazords grunt, growl and yell? :?

The cockpit of Ace and Hiromu's helmet getting damaged was a neat thing to see. I also liked seeing parts of the inside of the helmet, like the oxygen mask.

Next Episode Preview:
Spoiler
OH MY GOD MR. MIYAGI HAS COME BACK FROM THE GRAVE AND IS HAUNTING A YOUNG KARATE KID! Oh wait.....It's just Messiah.......Whew!
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Excuse my little shipper heart, I was screaming during Enter and Hiromu's conversation (almost literally, I made my husband back that part up like eight times). Stupid Heroic Red Ranger and his conflicted feelings for Enter. XD
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

This episode was a ton of fun. that's all there is to say on the matter.

That said, I did feel a little clever guessing the building was the metaroid even before the Beta/Gamma fight.
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Post by Glutinus »

Seem strange, but I hate mechas battles in Sentai. Or I don't think them so interesting. I did not like this episodes, just some free spectacles. They try to build the stories by making Enter taking some "data" on Hiromu ; it would be nicer if he just gather intel about his mecha.

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Mech fights were always a part of Sentai. So if you dont like them....Then why watch Sentai in the first place?
HW-DiEnd
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Luka Milfly
Favorite Actor?: Anna Nagata
Favorite Band: Motörhead
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Yorozuya Gin-Chan
Quote: "The world is a lonely place,you're on your own..."

Post by HW-DiEnd »

Ivanhobe wrote:I guess what i am trying to say is that Godzilla will own any Megazord/Buster Machine in any battle. Because he is Godzilla.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by butyoumight »

Lunchboxx wrote:Mech fights were always a part of Sentai. So if you dont like them....Then why watch Sentai in the first place?
Actually I can understand this. Some seasons have more focus on the mechs than others, I have generally always slightly preferred the seasons with less Mech emphasis (Gokaiger being an excellent example) or with personality to the Mechs to make them a part of the character-driven story (like Go-Onger and Go-Busters). I love Shinkenger, but sometimes it's Mech fights went on and on with no real purpose to the story (I'm looking at you, Ushi Origami...)

I watch Sentai for the plot and the character-driven story. The Mech is generally a sideline for me.

THAT SAID I thought this episode was a WONDERFUL example of how a Mech heavy episode should be handled.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I understand it too. Previous season mecha fights were more or less all the same. In general, most of the main conflicts of the episode are wrapped up by the time the monster turns big. A lot of them at just getting out the giant robot and having it use its finisher on the monster of the week. I'm really liking how the mech battles are a bit more involved in Go-Busters by comparison.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

butyoumight wrote:Excuse my little shipper heart, I was screaming during Enter and Hiromu's conversation (almost literally, I made my husband back that part up like eight times). Stupid Heroic Red Ranger and his conflicted feelings for Enter. XD
Personally, that scene bugged me. I'm just looking at the screen like "Shoot Him, Hiromu. Shoot him! Stop hanging around like you're bar buddies with him, it's your chance to pull your blaster out and blow his head off. Do it!!"

But alas, dude's plot armor was too strong.
Gamer_Nikko
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: ORRE WA TENSAI DESU!

Post by Gamer_Nikko »

GAAH~!!!
I haven't been on for a while, and am missing a lot!!!
Gonna watch this now!

EDIT:
Am I the only one who thought this?

Spoiler
RIDER CUTTING!!!
Last edited by Gamer_Nikko on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIDER KICK!!!
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by butyoumight »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
butyoumight wrote:Excuse my little shipper heart, I was screaming during Enter and Hiromu's conversation (almost literally, I made my husband back that part up like eight times). Stupid Heroic Red Ranger and his conflicted feelings for Enter. XD
Personally, that scene bugged me. I'm just looking at the screen like "Shoot Him, Hiromu. Shoot him! Stop hanging around like you're bar buddies with him, it's your chance to pull your blaster out and blow his head off. Do it!!"

But alas, dude's plot armor was too strong.
To be fair to Hiromu, when has he ever shot at Enter and actually had it connect, and/or do any lasting damage?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Gamer_Nikko wrote:EDIT:
Am I the only one who thought this?

Spoiler
[ Image ]
RIDER CUTTING!!!
Spoiler
i actually own Gatack's belt and swords, so i feel ashamed for missing that.

that said, because I always call Jin and J's megazord "buster heracross" i just thought X-Scissor.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

AWESOME!
i'm serious. there has not been a mecha battle with so little special effect and so much suit battle in a long time.
soooo...is that the final mech? or sill get one combination with ace, too?

At the start, i was wondering why they fought against ace instead of Lioh, since that one is stronger, so it would make more sense to try to gather data from that one. but then i started to think. This is more about hiromu's ability as a pilot, and how long he can battle under pressure. Not to mention that hiromu is the best pilot, since he is able to react quicker than the rest thanks to his super speed.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

butyoumight wrote:To be fair to Hiromu, when has he ever shot at Enter and actually had it connect, and/or do any lasting damage?
I dunno but, Ryuuji was able to -itchslap Escape and actually cause her to "data-bleed" so, I assume it's possible? XD

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”