Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 15-16 DC release Rising New Hero

Post by takenoko »

Ugh, what a cash grab. Just 7 minutes of additional footage with most of it being fight footage.

I mean, I'm glad we got to see Jin's reaction to Youko's mom. We even got the "single mother" line too.

I guess the other major line was Hiromu telling Jin that he can punch his dad when it's all over. I guess that makes sense, but I can see why they cut it. It's just kind of weird and unnecessary.

Generic stuff I noticed from watching it in HD:
-Wow, you can totally see Ace behind Kuroki in the command center. And he's actually gone when deployed. Nice attention to detail.
-In the flashback scene with the kids on Christmas, you can see a giant hole behind them where the research center was.

Haha, it's still funny to see J pop out of that closet when Jin's avatar is destroyed.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Go-Busters 15-16 DC release Rising New Hero

Post by ReversedSentai »

I really disliked how Toei just took two episodes and added them back to back. Unlike the Fourze DC cut, this one had the OP and ED theme twice, which was a pain in the ass since I had to timeshift more stuff >_>
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Thank god for that 'single mother' line. I'm firmly in the camp that Jin is NOT Youko's dad, and that line supports it.

Yeah, definitely understood the cut of the line about hitting Hiromu's dad. Not that I didn't smirk, but it probably wouldn't have worked in the broadcast.

I'm contractually obliged to mention the extra few lines from Enter. Excellent. I still love that moment between him and Jin. When had Enter actually laughed before? That wacky Jin, even Enter loves you.
Bladeitout
Gao
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by Bladeitout »

>Wow, not a lot of downloads for Go-Bus 15-16

Looks like for once, ITS NOT TIME FOR BUSTER(s)

:y
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I really don't see any value to these DC versions. Mainly because I can't even really remember what is new. Plus, if you want the DC's to really matter. Make them part of the normal blu-ray set releases. But I guess they do good in Japan.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

There are also a few extra unspoken scene from Kuroin, but its nothing major.

Rewatching ep 16 in this, I find it interesting that the Parabolaroid created by Enter has a totally opposite personality than the Parabolaroid created by Escape in ep 40
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Not much extra, not much to say. I'm really irritated that they didn't just make it all one big episode, breaking up the action in the middle is kinda pointless and annoying. I liked the Fourze one but this was just unnecessary.
gekisou
Favorite series: Yuushya Oh Gaogaigar
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
Dreamy: Luka Milfey
Favorite Actor?: Kimura Takuya
Favorite Band: SMAP
My boom: Onion Rings
Quote: I don't break rules. I bend 'em... a lot!

Post by gekisou »

OK, I am not 100% what is extra but man, the actors commentary makes this DC worth it. Its insightful and hilarious!
俺のこの手が光って唸る。お前を倒せと輝き叫ぶ。 シャイニング・フィンガー!!!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I downloaded this Director's cut for one, very solid legit reason... Cause Jin and J appearing was when I started enjoying Go-Buster.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

I think that the main problem is with the amount of DC stuff coming out.
If there's a DC content coming out every 10-15 episodes of a serie, and you're kinda following possibly 2+ series, then it doesn't feel that 'special' at all. You'll end up having an amount of 'special content' discs that could compare to medium length series on its own.

If you keep making a DC content discs not that far from each other and none of them contains a real clincher, people will tend to notice.
Of course each single DC should be considered on its own, but if the extra footage really just amounts to 7 minutes, and those 7 minutes aren't mood changing compared to the original, imho that doesn't even get close to be reasonable (for real money, ofc).

If you didn't like the last, let's say, 4 DC contents in a few months, most probably you won't even raise an eyebrow when the 5th comes out.
Then there's the movies. And the DC of the movies. Another bit of a letdown in most cases.

It's clearly money grabbing, but there's a limit even for enthusiasts and collectors.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”