Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters the Movie released

Post by takenoko »

Uhhh... so I haven't watched this yet, but apparently this is the best Sentai movie release Toei has ever done.

I open this thing up and...
I get a script. (What?)
I get... a map of Tokyo. (Cool!)
I get... the disc for the movie. (Captions, yes!)
And I get... a second disc which has the director's cut.

Wait what? Toei releases a Sentai director's cut and they're not gouging me for it? Plus this was released in December (Sentai movies tend to be released in February).

So what's going on? This is like totally fantastic.

Edit:
So the movie was pretty entertaining. Pretty action packed and kept me following along. I also enjoyed the gorgeous shots of Tokyo. It was really colorful.

Seems like a pity that they didn't explain more about Enetan or why there's a new Buster Machine. Not a big deal, but a little explanation would be nice. Also, it's weird to see a parody of Tokyo in this alternate future world. I guess it's the same, but Enetron Towers are required all over the place. Progress?! And Tokyo Tower is called the Tokyo Enetower

J is awesome yet again. "Animal instinct, gotta go."

Ewww, that scene transition that I hate is in this movie.

The fight was pretty good as usual. I like that the Busters lost the first round (weak points~). It's kind of nice to not see them powering through everything. I liked the great stair climbing scene.

Kicking the Metaroid out the window was pretty cool, but it was pretty silly that they jumped out after it.

I don't understand why the Tokyo Tower mascot are condom heads.

If I had to nitpick the movie, I'd have to say that it seemed out of characteristic for Jin to just go "Enter's got the perfect plan. Guess I'll run away" I mean, I know they like to give the extra Rangers no screen time in movies, but this seemed pretty cheap. (BTW, according to this script, Jin has four scenes in the movie. Ryuuji has 13 while Youko and Hiromu have more)
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Go-Busters the Movie released

Post by ReversedSentai »

The "I'm out of water" thing immediately reminded me of Shinkenger, which was nice.

Watching Kuroki doing the "HEEEELLLL YEEEEEEEESSSSS" thing was damn funny. He also did that in episode 44 of the series.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

This was a really fun movie. It had a little of everything you expect to see in the show but it flowed naturally.

It was a little jarring to see Jin retreat like that but he did show up again later. I guess he wasn't being serious.

Tokyo Tower was a nice change of setting. I'm surprised it took this long for super sentai to use the landmark as a movie's focal point.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

At least Jin and J got a bit more screen time compared to the last few years of extra members getting so little screen time.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, the extra member always gets the shaft in the movies. I get that it's a short movie, but it still sucks. I don't know if it's funny or just sad when Jin goes "I'm outta here" and leaves for the center part of the movie.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

J's hilarious. Animal instinct! Pity we couldn't have more of J here though. And well, for Jin's case of retreating into the subdimension, he probably couldn't do much anyway. My guess is that with J rusted, he probably can't maintain his avatar for long, and maybe can't transform either.

I like that the weak points were what weakened the Busters in the first round. But Hiromu's one was just too coincidental.

Kuroki was funny in this episode. Besides the "HEEEEEELLLLLLL YEAHHHHHHH!", him playing with the Megazord figures at the end was pretty funny as well.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

So wait... Toei actually released a product correctly. On the first try... I'm really shocked.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I don't think Jin ran away. I'm pretty sure because J was in rough shape he couldn't maintain connection so Jin decided to look cool while being thrown back. Jin's weakpoint is J of course.

Sort of wish Jin and J was able to get into the role call but meh.

Gripes. Second movie where you can tell the writers really dislike Youko. Fourze took her spot in the Megazord combi. This time Enetan took her spot.

Not enough Jin and J.

Aside from that. I enjoyed this more than Taisen.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'd say that's pretty much a by-the-book Sentai movie. The 6th ranger gets shafted while a new mech gets introduced with little-to-no backstory. In the middle of it there's a lot of fighting, and rare for this series some notable wirework. However I'm glad to see the megazord fight kept up with the pace and styling of the series; so often they use the movie budget to go nuts on the CGI while making very little use of models and costumes. :)
V V King
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by V V King »

Yeah ! Thanks for the release and Merry Christmas !

Small French nitpick : "Chance" is a feminine word in French, so Enter should be saying "Bonne chance" and not "Bon chance".

Other than that, I quite enjoyed this movie. It was a classic sentai summer movie: never exceptional, but always entertaining.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah, I see that was noted already in our wiki. I'll try to keep that in mind from here on out. Thanks!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Oui speakz bonne Francais
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... Wait Director's cut? I don't remember the original version being released to start with. Though the timing for this release was nice since Frog shows up in the newest subbed episode.

Nice little movie with funny little moments.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

That's because the original version was released with the Director's Cut at the same time. It's sort of like those Blu-Ray/DVD combo packs. Since they came out at the same time and both on Blu-Ray, we just decided to sub the DC instead of having a TC of it.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

one word; sweet
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”