< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
zombierave
Adventure
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Inga Blink

Re: Go-Busters 42 Released

Post by zombierave »

yeah, i know it's obvious they're in contact because they can powered morphin/transport. It just woulda been nice if they had established that they had communications back even with a one liner of "Oh, communications are back!" Otherwise it only becomes obvious once it shows they can powered morphin/transport that it is assumed that comms are back. I mean, if they're going to do the whole "character can't transform for x reason" then they should clearly state/show "character can now transform as x reason has been clearly resolved" and this episode just lets the viewer assume the reason was resolved without actually stating it.
Last edited by zombierave on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think that Red and Blue Buster calling Youko was supposed to be that moment. That's why Youko can go, "Oh yeah, communications are back. I can transform now" since earlier she said she couldn't when they were down.
zombierave
Adventure
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Inga Blink

Post by zombierave »

after rewatching the break in and call to Youko I saw they they did say "Youko, can you hear me?" which works as them signifying that communication has been reestablished. Just wish it wasn't passed over so quickly...oh well, save world first talk later I guess.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

Thought this was gonna be filler, was fairly surprised that it turned out to be good.

Enter & Escape working together is awesome.

The train was so polite :3

Enter, you clever bastard. Love how he made it so no matter what, he's gonna get good data. Either the Go-Busters take awhile to stop the train and he gets good data on human weaknesses, or they stop it from the inside and he gets data about human strength. So, Enter won today, and that feels awesome.

Spoiler
If nothing else, Enter and Escape wearing black Santa outfits makes the next episode good. :3
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The is a surprisingly good episode

Very clever use of in-universe logic:
- Putting the Messiah card into a Megazoid to create a Metaroid, and then teleport a new Megazoid
- That said Megazoid is the parasite Delta type, which ended up inside the Metaroid
- With two combined, its able to collect two sets of data at the same time

The nemesis fight between Hiromu vs Enter, Ruuji vs Escape is awesome. Too bad Youko only got the Buglars

Though that train looks more like a plastic toy than cgi
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Hot damn this was a good episode. It was interesting to see Jin all half cocked about saving Youko.

Not much else to say when everybody else has already said it, great episode and a thrilling ending.

Next Episode Preview:
Spoiler
Escape in a sexy black santa suit with nice legs showing....

Spoiler
Gamer_Nikko
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Quote: ORRE WA TENSAI DESU!

Post by Gamer_Nikko »

Episode thoughts...

> DEN-LINER!!!
> YOUKO-CHAN KAWAII DESUUUUuuuu~!!!! <3
> J: It's time for... *gets pushed aside* ...Moshi moshi?
> Metaroid-ception!
> Brace yourselves, Hiromu x Enter ships coming to port.

Over all, a really enjoyable episode... Love the song Youko sang to the passengers.
Last but not the least...

YOUKO, Y U NO CARRY MORE CHOCOLATES???
RIDER KICK!!!
TaelonZ
7X
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by TaelonZ »

Hypothetically one of the two could have been carrying Yoko's suit in data form in his brace for when they got on the train. As far as the powered morphing since the train was going in and out of the rifts because of the fighting inside it might just have been lucky timing for the powered morphing. Who knows.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Pretty nice episode. I don't recall Youko, Ms. Nice Legs, having too many episodes sorta based around her so that was pretty cool.
Enter is always a beast. I'm really liking how recently he's been tossing himself into the fray. I sometimes honestly want him to whoop some ass.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Megazor metaroid was a nice idea.

Using Miho as bait? That's inexcusable!

It was nice how the transformation protected Ryu against escape's charge.

Another nice plan, I really like how Enter makes smatr plans and always gets something, even when he looses. And more when he wins, which isn't that rare.

Messiah Megazord looks cool and strong.

Even though this was a Yoko ep, she didn't really have much time, because of the plot.

It was a good ep;
UltimateCharge
Favorite series: Wizard/W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger/Dairanger
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto -swoon
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by UltimateCharge »

I particularly liked when J was on his phone in the base, and I think he was trying to call Yoko (maybe?) but to me it seemed like he was answering some call from someone, which I thought was amazing - that J has these other contacts he's met in the real world that just call him out of the blue to have a chat. Similar a tiny, tiny bit in my mind to when Daigoyou went to look for work in Shinkenger which was adooooorable!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Giant train travelling through wormholes in the sky. I got a huge Den-O vibe.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Yea, lot of people myself included got a den-liner feel from the Megazordroid's train form. Though, I find it interesting that a card attached to a metalroid didn't work but a card attached to a megazord did... Is it cause the Metalroids have like, personalities once they're made as oppose to the 'just kinda here' megazords?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, maybe. But they're obviously in contact with the base after the break in. Ryuuji does a Powered Morphin which means Gorisaki has to be able to transport into the train. Youko also uses a Transport for her weapon inside as well.
It's a plot hole; it happens. Don't try too hard guys, or you'll just end up spraining your brain. :shock:
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This episode was pretty good. I liked the plot and thought the Den-Liner train was a pretty cool conflict for the team to face. Youko's singing was cute too. Kept looking at her legs. Lol...But yeah, Enter's plan was badass. I think this episode confirms that him and Escape are working together. Sometimes I wish their plan would actually work. They are that cool.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”